Decent hotel that's quiet but can walk to see nightlife.

Elkski

11 trips to Thailand and I never experienced Pattaya after dark.  My first trip  to Thailand I did take a bus down from BKK to go diving ( scuba kind).   After the boat dive I walked north from the pier all the way up beach road with a dive backpack to a hotel I picked.  It was late afternoon and hot.  I had to stop for a beer.  Had like 6 gals at my table. Most left as I was busy swiping and most swipes looked better than the bargirls.  One  gal wiped my sweaty brow. My first touch by a Bargirl. But I didn't stay long as I wanted a cool shower.   I was to tired to go out that night and left the next day.  

Now returning, married to Thai.  We have a gap in our travels and I'm thinking  to bus down from BKK for 1-2 nights to see the night life and things in the daytime that you expats enjoy.   Looking for a reasonably priced hotel 2000 baht ish.  We won't be staying up late or partying much. I do enjoy drinking a happy hour beer watching the ladies come to work. Maybe staying long enough to see the nightlife grow.    If my hotel is near a gogo bar wife would be ok if I went for a couple hours but not really planning on that.   Any suggestions?

Edited by Elkski
  • Haha 2

Why focus on walking?

The Baht bus circle on Beach rd and 2nd rd works fine.

Gogo bars that earn the name are on Walking Street.

Other locations (LK, Treetown) can't keep up.

2000 Baht/night?

So many options along Beach rd.

E.g. Soi 10: "The Stay Hotel", "Sea Me Spring Tree Hotel".

A mate was quite enthusiastic about the "Bayview Hotel" near Soi 10 between Beach and 2nd rd.

Stay away from Soi 8 regarding hotel.

But really too many options...

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Why would anyone take their wife to stay next to the go-go bars in Pattaya for crying out loud?

4861E694-AF0E-4B9D-A56E-11B0815DD8E9.png.3ac88ede5e9d8702fa243b8cf78524d9.png

Would you rather go to the water park?  I'm not dead.  

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Gogo bars that earn the name are on Walking Street.

Other locations (LK, Treetown) can't keep up.

Are you talking from recent experience? I haven't been to Patts since Jan 2022 and the go-gos were closed. 

Will be in Jomtien for Melly Klitmat with some friends but I'll need to get up to WS to check out the action as last trip was 2014.

Any recommendations for "must see" go-gos? Preferably where things can get a bit wild.

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

Are you talking from recent experience? I haven't been to Patts since Jan 2022 and the go-gos were closed. 

Will be in Jomtien for Melly Klitmat with some friends but I'll need to get up to WS to check out the action as last trip was 2014.

Any recommendations for "must see" go-gos? Preferably where things can get a bit wild.

I recommend Lek Hotel.

Walking distance to everything.

I'd never recommend any gogo as they change all the time. Need to go and see for yourself. Usually the best lookers on W S are outside on the street touting.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Last came back November 14th. All major businesses open and many in good swing.

Barfine 1500 to 2000 to just give you an idea. One mate did extensive Gogo tours on WS. Not for me.

I visited two Gogo places on LK and Treetown. One being a complete joke. More eye candy on the road.

Was in Pattaya in 2020 and 2021 four or five times (lost track) and experienced the darkest times but also coming back to life on new year 21/22. Gogos closed then but not much of interest for me anyway.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

My go to hotel in Pattaya was always the Areca Lodge on Soi Diana. Nice hotel in the centre of the action. Plenty of bars nearby. Not sure of prices now 2000 ish i guess.

Price may fit but heavy booked. Not sure whether all rooms/buildings are open.

12 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

You have got one incredibly trusting and non-jealous wife if she'd have no problem with you going to a go-go bar while she sat at the hotel. Congratulations on finding such a wonderful woman.

Yep, anyone displaying that attitude, I would trust them as far as I could throw them.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

You have got one incredibly trusting and non-jealous wife if she'd have no problem with you going to a go-go bar while she sat at the hotel. Congratulations on finding such a wonderful woman.

Such Victorianism here. Best thing to do is bring her along, and together they could choose a suitable lady for an exciting threesome. All the jealousy disappears when she knows she's getting in on the action too. Trust me. Oh, spend some time in an orientation session first. Just massages, you know. 

Yeah, put some spice in all these old marriages. Pattaya provides. 

• Like 2

We've just got back after 2.5 yrs.

Two new ( good quality ) hotels in Soi Buakhao - quiet but within a few mins of everything

DEBUA - stayed there last week ( soft opening ). Officially opened 1/12 - Good rooms, nice pool. Standard 1300/Superior  1400 double

AMETHYST - Opened the other day. Very nice rooms 2100 incl breakfast for superior . 1900 for deluxe. Good pool

A couple of mins from each other. < 5 mins walk from LK Metro. Close to Central & Baht busses

If you want to stay in a really nice place - Royal Cliff Honeymoon Suite is always good ( not as expensive as  it sounds ). We usually have a few nights there.

Edited by Pmbkk

5 hours ago, petermik said:

LK President on 3rd road.....directly opposite soi Pothole and 3 minutes walk to everything that is needed....but quiet and nice rooms/pool ????

LK President is nice and quiet, basically opposite the infamous Soi Pothole nightlife area where you find the most hideous looking ladies and ladyboys that Pattaya has to offer. Also around the corner from Soi Buakhao.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

You get what you pay for.  ???? 

15 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

We've just got back after 2.5 yrs.

Two new ( good quality ) hotels in Soi Buakhao - quiet but within a few mins of everything

DEBUA - stayed there last week ( soft opening ). Officially opened 1/12 - Good rooms, nice pool. Standard 1300/Superior  1400 double

AMETHYST - Opened the other day. Very nice rooms 2100 incl breakfast for superior . 1900 for deluxe. Good pool

A couple of mins from each other. < 5 mins walk from LK Metro. Close to Central & Baht busses

If you want to stay in a really nice place - Royal Cliff Honeymoon Suite is always good ( not as expensive as  it sounds ). We usually have a few nights there.

If that's an average Pattaya hotel price it's no longer a cheap and cheerful place, just a grotty town with a bad beach.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:11 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I recommend Lek Hotel.

Walking distance to everything.

I'd never recommend any gogo as they change all the time. Need to go and see for yourself. Usually the best lookers on W S are outside on the street touting.

Was in the Lek when the tsunami hit.....I felt the bed (earth) move almost imperceptibly and immediately thought there's been an earthquake.

Didn't know anything about the actual tsunami until I got to the airport and saw bodies wandering about with bandaged heads and broken limbs.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I liked the Lek. Built when they made walls soundproof.

Except once when I got a room over the kitchen and from early on, I got this chopping noise. And that dangerous emergency/ fire exit on the side of the building was dodgy. Location worked for me though... another I used was up that alley by McD near the Walking St Entrance....I was pretty cheap in those days.