Are we living in the Matrix?

On 12/4/2022 at 5:20 PM, spidermike007 said:

Elon Musk is the last person in the world I would take any kind of advice from. For someone so smart it is amazing how dumb he can be. I think he simply has no social skills and is likely pathological in nature. 

I kind of hope Twitter fails, as I consider it to be totally toxic for culture and society. And I hope he moves to his beloved Mars. 

Actually, I think Musk might agree with you. 

Musk, as I once read somewhere, once stated that he believes himself to be somewhere on the Aspergers spectrum. 

Personally, I like him because... Birds of a feather syndrome, maybe. 

4 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

And gullibility, if you believe what HR tell you.

The HR guy was quite incredulous, because I was the first person he had tested that had achieved a 100% score in those categories, and he had tested thousands of job applicants.

How's your own literacy, Mr. Snarky?

When Neil Bostrom raised the possibility we live in a simulation in 2003, the biggest fear was that if the alien scientists running the simulation discovered we know it is a simulation, they would call the experiment a failure and switch off the machine. Therefore the hope is that no one believes the theory.

Do you?

17 minutes ago, Purdey said:

When Neil Bostrom raised the possibility we live in a simulation in 2003, the biggest fear was that if the alien scientists running the simulation discovered we know it is a simulation, they would call the experiment a failure and switch off the machine. Therefore the hope is that no one believes the theory.

Do you?

Does it really matter if its a matrix we are living in, or they turn it off? Poff, we are gone. No regrets

I feel the biggest fear people have, this is it, and the only chance we got. 

Edited by Hummin

2 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Too be or not to be... 

I was taught that was the question?? 

If you do not know any better, you believe you are of flesh and blood a living creature! If not, does it really matter? 

On 12/7/2022 at 3:12 AM, Lacessit said:

I was the first person he had tested that had achieved a 100% score in those categories, and he had tested thousands of job applicants.

ha ha... I've known some genuinely widely regarded geniuses... and you know what? none of them ever had to tell others how brilliant they were... 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you do not know any better, you believe you are of flesh and blood a living creature! If not, does it really matter? 

not much matters... until you watch someone you love become slowly disabled and life fades from them as they are in pain and fear... 

8 hours ago, Purdey said:

Do you?

They are welcome to switch the machine off. I have nothing to want to hang around for.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

not much matters... until you watch someone you love become slowly disabled and life fades from them as they are in pain and fear... 

my comment was related to the topic in a bigger picture, not aimed at personal pain or tragedies. Of course when someone struggling or even worse see your loved ones in pain, that changes the whole thing and reality hits you. 

I also believe for some a matrix belief is part of escaping their struggles, or be it conspiracy theories, and they have a reason to believe nothing is true or real. 

Edited by Hummin

On 12/3/2022 at 11:03 PM, Phnom Penh Trader said:

According to many people including Elon Musk it is almost an impossibility that we are not and therefore in base reality

You're not living in a matrix...

it's worse

This is Thailand.

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

You're not living in a matrix...

it's worse

This is Thailand.

Matrix can feel different for each and one individual, but mostly it is up to each and one individual how they like to see and feel it. You are the master of your own self.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They are welcome to switch the machine off. I have nothing to want to hang around for.

No way would I think this is you.   Your lifestyle seems somewhat en envious one. 

On 12/9/2022 at 2:09 AM, DUNROAMIN said:

Absolutely. Most people are sheep. I try my hardest to be the dog.

Kind of an insult to the Bovidae families. 

We're more akin to the proverbial dumbed down zombie species - of the terribly special variety.

• Thumbs Up 1