Are we living in the Matrix?

Just now, Phnom Penh Trader said:

You keep telling us all how jealous and envious we are of mega rich people intimating that you belong in that bracket,what you are failing to understand is that being mega rich isn’t the end of all your problems it is the beginning?

I don't keep telling you anything about your envy. Why are you feeling that way and why are you so butt hurt over it? I once mentioned that many are envious over his wealth, and I stand by that. You took that personally because it's probably true.

I did say I'm not envious. I mentioned "awe". Do you understand the difference between awe and envy?

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

My point is that whatever amount is given to charities by the mega rich it pales into insignificance compared to the tax they should pay.

Ok, now it's your turn to show the evidence. Do you have any proof that shows that Buffet saved more than $41 billion in taxes through his donations to charity. It would need to be an amount that "pales into insignificance" the palty sum of $41 billion.

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

Ok, now it's your turn to show the evidence. Do you have any proof that shows that Buffet saved more than $41 billion in taxes through his donations to charity. It would need to be an amount that "pales into insignificance" the palty sum of $41 billion.

I made no claim to fact. You did that.

25 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I made no claim to fact. You did that.

You claimed that Warren Buffet's tax savings "paled into insignificance" his donations to charity. He mentioned he has donated (by 2021 when that New York Times article was published) he has donated $41 billion. This year, according to reports I've read, he's up to $48 billion now including a $4 billion donation in June, 2022. Donations this large are always public knowledge and would be well documented.

So if $48 billion is paled by his tax savings, what level would be considered to be "pale". 4%? 1%? Assuming maybe 4% is paled by comparison, his tax savings would have been over $1 trillion. There's no need to look it up. What you said is impossible.

He's giving a lot more away than his tax savings, and you proved it.

Edited by JensenZ

24 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

PPT asked are ..........................do strange things happen just at the right time.

I think if we want something we have to go and look for it.  If we need something the world provides.

Many years ago , about 1963 as I was going to English classes at a nearby Tech. college then , one Sat. morning as in those days A sat. morning at work was par for the course , I ran for the train and saw I had minutes to spare by the station clock. I thought I must get a watch ( last one was broken ).

I could have sat in any compartment being a quiet Sat.   I got on the train and a watch was sitting on the arm rest , I nearly put my elbow on it.

Another time same year and going to the station on leaving the college at about 7pm it had been snowing . I had a couple of cigarettes and a couple of matches , they were damp and wouldn't light.

The train before had gone and light snow covered the platform , Walking along virgin snow I saw a black patch on the platform , I looked down and it was a Ronson lighter , not only that but it worked.

Coincidences but perfect timming.

So, then... 

You are now dredging up Einstein's Theory of Relativity? 

The faster you ran, the slower your watch ticked, relative to watches worn by those you left behind. 

There is really no such thing as perfect timming... 

Time is relative. 

This is why GPS would not work on your phone without the understanding of Relativity. 

I just mean that a clock on a satellite in orbit around the Earth ticks slower than the clock in your phone. 

So, have you ever wondered about this?... 

After wondering about finding a Ronson lighter in the snow? 

Truly, our world is mysterious. 

And, the more we know, the more mysterious it is. 

Think of time this way:

Every time you board a plane to fly to Phuket, your watch ticks slightly more slowly than your GF's watch, the GF you left behind, when you go to visit your other GF in Phuket. 

This is the beauty of Relativity. 

Time is not what you might imagine it to be. Time is flexible. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

It can be a big problem. I had a friend who was reading about conspiracy theories all day and night. After I proved a few were wrong, he stopped comunicating with me. It gets to the point where they lose track of reality and everything is a consipiracy. 

In that case where did the egg come from have you an answer for that. ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Thank you for pointing out my two typos. I don't use a spell checker, but you better be sure to, so you don't make any mistakes of your own. You might want to set up your paragraphs correctly next time. Could that be considered ignorance?

I am in the top 0.01% of the population for spelling and arithmetical accuracy, according to a HR person who tested me once. Knock yourself out looking for errors. There are now more than 18,000 posts of mine to go through, if you want to make it an obsession.

ASEAN sometimes eliminates the spacings I make on paragraphs. Or sentences, if I feel it is warranted. It's a pretty lame retort anyway.

• Haha 1

Have you ever wondered why Warren Buffet, in years gone by, often placed a can of Coca-Cola, so prominently, on his lectern while speaking? 

And why, during recent decades, he does not? 

Isn't it strange, as well, that a man like Buffett, one for whom health is paramount, should drink such a sugary beverage? 

I have great respect for Buffett. Last I heard, Gates had convinced Buffett to donate most of his wealth to good causes, rather than to take his bags of gold up to Heaven, if he might die. 

Both Warren and Gates are chess buffets, it seems. 

I like Buffett. 

I like Musk. 

Gates has partially redeemed himself through his foundation. 

The only thing that still troubles me is Melinda's many complaints. 

What does she know that we don't? 

Another thing I worry about is whether or not Gates and Buffett are able to address and come to terms with their mortality. 

For me, for example, being poor is a blessing. 

But if I had a TRILLION dollars, I would be worried sick about my health. 

I would daily be thinking to myself.. How unfair life is that I, a trillionaire, should be mortal, like most other men. 

If I were able to email Buffett, I would tell him that, as long as he has another few good years ahead of him, then he should build a GIGANTIC yacht, the likes of which humankind has never seen, one even larger than the Titanic. 

Or, alternatively, I would suggest that he hold a GIGANTIC lottery to give his entire fortune to just one person in the world, at random. 

If Buffett were to distribute his wealth evenly among the 8 billion of us, then we wouldn't get much more than about ten dollah. 

However, if Buffett instituted a lottery, winner take all, then this would provide the world with a diversion never-before seen in human history. 

People would be talking about the great 109-billion-dollar lottery for hundreds of years to come. 

It would be like the Ghengis Khan story on steroids. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am in the top 0.01% of the population for spelling and arithmetical accuracy, according to a HR person who tested me once. Knock yourself out looking for errors. There are now more than 18,000 posts of mine to go through, if you want to make it an obsession.

ASEAN sometimes eliminates the spacings I make on paragraphs. Or sentences, if I feel it is warranted. It's a pretty lame retort anyway.

I do agree with you, this time, in this post of yours 

Your spelling is perfect. Your grammar is nearly faultless. Your sentence and paragraph construction is excellent. 

However, I just wonder if you are aware that there exist several studies which seem to demonstrate a fairly close correlation between sentence writing complexity and delayed onset of dementia. 

I only mention this fact because you don't seem to have too much to worry about based on this metric. 

Still, if you ever might wish to read a few beautifully crafted sentences from a true master, then please take a closer look, once again, at the writing of Philip Roth, particularly his last book. 

Roth died at age 85. 

Herman Wouk was still writing lucidly at age 100. 

So the question is... How much longer can you, or anybody, keep it up? 

Another 50 years, would you guess? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No where did the egg really come,  I see it's going to be difficult to get an answer here.  ????????

I'm not sure.

Maybe the black top hat,   the guy with the suit and wand had ?

But i'm a 100% sure I know where the Ping Pong balls come from. seen it with me own eyes. :thumbsup:

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

Elon Musk is the last person in the world I would take any kind of advice from. For someone so smart it is amazing how dumb he can be. I think he simply has no social skills and is likely pathological in nature. 

I kind of hope Twitter fails, as I consider it to be totally toxic for culture and society. And I hope he moves to his beloved Mars. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

I saw a structural engineer at the bottom of one of the pyramids measuring the angles of the roof and wall with a set square,the tolerances were to a thousandth of an inch or so he stated that we couldn’t build so accurately with modern day technology today!

So who did build them?

There is various theories of course, but the interesting thing about the recent netflix series with pyramids is, that it reveals that the established people in these worlds (scientists), do not want to know about the undiscovered things in that direction.

This is because their entire truth and foundation goes to shambles, aside that they risk losing to be funded. Or simply won't be allowed to do such projects, Indonesia they also prevented digging until today, even they now know there is tunnels under.

It actually is very ironic, I mean you would think that someone doing this job would want nothing more but the opposite is true, obviously there are many more things to discover and study within the profession, that is where all the time and attention goes.

This while they are of equal if not more importance, and then to add they exist worldwide, there is more to it for sure. I feel sad for people being so scared to even open up to it, as if the amazing structures that exist, do not exist.

It is a bit like the emperor without clothes. Watch the netflix series, it is very cool to see, even i could not binge it as it is a lot of info, i am still only at chapter 4 with that one.

----

And BTW, you see the same thing now happening with astrology, they come to conclude that many things they said was 'science' is totally untrue. Even we still keep using those old rules, as the world runs on it, they know they are wrong, they just not know enough yet.

Totally logical move, and I agree, but to keep it secret from the public so they stay ignorant is another subject. Or worse, to lie and control them using religion.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

There is various theories of course, but the interesting thing about the recent netflix series with pyramids is, that it reveals that the established people in these worlds (scientists), do not want to know about the undiscovered things in that direction.

This is because their entire truth and foundation goes to shambles, aside that they risk losing to be funded. Or simply won't be allowed to do such projects, Indonesia they also prevented digging until today, even they now know there is tunnels under.

It actually is very ironic, I mean you would think that someone doing this job would want nothing more but the opposite is true, obviously there are many more things to discover and study within the profession, that is where all the time and attention goes.

This while they are of equal if not more importance, and then to add they exist worldwide, there is more to it for sure. I feel sad for people being so scared to even open up to it, as if the amazing structures that exist, do not exist.

It is a bit like the emperor without clothes. Watch the netflix series, it is very cool to see, even i could not binge it as it is a lot of info, i am still only at chapter 4 with that one.

----

And BTW, you see the same thing now happening with astrology, they come to conclude that many things they said was 'science' is totally untrue. Even we still keep using those old rules, as the world runs on it, they know they are wrong, they just not know enough yet.

Totally logical move, and I agree, but to keep it secret from the public so they stay ignorant is another subject. Or worse, to lie and control them using religion.

How they get ill-informed people to believe rubbish - like the recent Netflix series on the pyramids:

1. Find a plausible looking, but nutty, pseudo-academic who makes incorrect or simply made-up claims for which there is no factual evidence.

2. Show the majority of experts and researchers in the field explaining his claims are nonsense and unsupported by evidence.

3. To close the circle, claim triumphantly that experts in the field saying the claims are nonsense PROVES the claims are correct (because the experts are trying to cover them up).

This will get large numbers of foolish people to follow this circular loop round and around forever, accepting more and more ludicrous nonsense.

P.S. Here's the UK Guardian's much much more convincing theory about how such nonsense gets on Netflix in the first place (the program is "hosted" by a Graham Hancock)

" how Netflix gave the greenlight to Ancient Apocalypse: the platform’s senior manager of unscripted originals happens to be Hancock’s son. Honestly, what are the chances?"

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/nov/23/ancient-apocalypse-is-the-most-dangerous-show-on-netflix

Edited by partington
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, partington said:

How they get ill-informed people to believe rubbish - like the recent Netflix series on the pyramids:

1. Find a plausible looking, but nutty, pseudo-academic who makes incorrect or simply made-up claims for which there is no factual evidence.

2. Show the majority of experts and researchers in the field explaining his claims are nonsense and unsupported by evidence.

3. To close the circle, claim triumphantly that experts in the field saying the claims are nonsense PROVES the claims are correct (because the experts are trying to cover them up).

This will get large numbers of foolish people to follow this circular loop round and around forever, accepting more and more ludicrous nonsense.

P.S. Here's the UK Guardian's much much more convincing theory about how such nonsense gets on Netflix in the first place (the program is "hosted" by a Graham Hancock)

" how Netflix gave the greenlight to Ancient Apocalypse: the platform’s senior manager of unscripted originals happens to be Hancock’s son. Honestly, what are the chances?"

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/nov/23/ancient-apocalypse-is-the-most-dangerous-show-on-netflix

The left-eye,swivel Guarniad with the begging bowl out like the spongers in orange every time you go on their website never fails to amuse me! ????

17 hours ago, JensenZ said:

How do you know Elon Musk wants to make more money? If that was his only goal, then he wouldn't have wasted 44 billion on Twitter and devalued his Tesla stock in the process. It has cost him about $100 billion. $44 billion to buy Twitter, and more than $50 billion in lost Tesla stock value,

Errrr, he changed his mind and had to be forced by the court to buy twitthing.

10 hours ago, Orinoco said:

I'm not sure.

Maybe the black top hat,   the guy with the suit and wand had ?

But i'm a 100% sure I know where the Ping Pong balls come from. seen it with me own eyes. :thumbsup:

Yes you have to look in the right places to get the real answers.

What came first,the chicken or the egg?

Not so difficult to answer if you go about it the right way.

On 12/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, Lacessit said:

And gullibility, if you believe what HR tell you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2022 at 9:48 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

----

It’s been a while since astrology was considered a science.