Car MOT

pontious

I have done some of mine over 30 days before expiry.

I use the private inspection stations, and have them perform safety check, and take my blue book to DLT to pay road tax and compulsory insurance.

They will date the new tax and insurance starting date on the same day as it is listed to expire in the blue book.

• Thanks 2

You mean how early before due date?

As far as I remember you can do the yearly paperwork/inspection up to 30 days ahead.

Sure more than 7 days.

Would have to check back.

Or do you mean how long the inspection certificate is valid?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

inspection is valid for a month, road tax can be paid from 90 days before the due date, so if you time it right, you can do the inspection 'MOT' 120 days  before the date on the blue book, providing that you go and pay the road tax within 30 days after the inspection

19 hours ago, proton said:

They just test the brakes, 200 baht usually, only ever done it on the day of the road tax renew

There are dozens of test centres scattered around Pattaya, but they check lights, exhaust, brakes etc.

• Like 1

Note that the MOT record goes straight into the system and you can pay your tax online once you've done it. The DLT send the tax disc out to you by registered mail with a tracking number. Online tax renewal didn't use to be available for vehicles over 7 years but it works really well now. 

• Like 2