Honda Click 160.

Broken Record

I have a 125 Click and took off from traffic lights as I usually do, flat out trying to get away from the madness behind me, when some  Farang on a new Honda Click 160 came flying past me leaving me for dead.

I was told they are or were difficult to get, any first hand reports on the Click 160, anybody got one ?

The Click 160 looks like a bargain at about 72,000-75,000 for ABS model, disc brakes back and front, any thoughts ?

Edited by Broken Record

21 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

The Click 160 looks like a bargain at about 72,000.

My friend nearly bought one in Sukhothai APS shop it was red and black, looked good even to me,  they offer it at 70,000 including tax and insurance stuff. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Although it was new is it possible this farang had it 'race tuned' (or whatever the expression is nowadays?) Seems unlikely that an extra 35cc would make such a difference in performance.

Maybe he had some mods, yes possibly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Rented a click 150 cc before, could honestly not feel any difference from the 125 cc model.

Maybe over the hill with pillion you will feel the difference and top speed just a little bit faster. All depending on the weight difference?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Although it was new is it possible this farang had it 'race tuned' (or whatever the expression is nowadays?) Seems unlikely that an extra 35cc would make such a difference in performance.

I don't think that a 160cc scooter from any of the well known marques has need of a tuning kit to show a 'clean pair of heels' at the lights. It's what these machines excel at. I was just like the O/P when I lived in Udon Thani. I would be way ahead of the herd on my 125 Click, no tuning necessary and my 'off the shelf' Aerox at 155 will certainly out run the Click!

ABS is a big attraction on this new version and with a disc on the back it's even getting one over on my Aerox. Watch out Yamaha, I think you've got a serious challenge here.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

5cc less than the Click now 555 plus the mandatory dashboard issue and change of shocks required

A stronger / sturdier Aerox out run that clicky anywhere, pay a little more get the Yamaha ........

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I don't think that a 160cc scooter from any of the well known marques has need of a tuning kit to show a 'clean pair of heels' at the lights. It's what these machines excel at. I was just like the O/P when I lived in Udon Thani. I would be way ahead of the herd on my 125 Click, no tuning necessary and my Aerox at 155 will certainly out run the Click!

I inherited a base Honda Wave 100 from my father-in-law. Used it very occasionally when my Mrs wasn't around to drive me. I thought that was quite fast enough! Went back to UK in the Summer and when I returned the Wave had gone. Mrs explained that a friend had fallen upon hard times and she had ended up with no moto. We've now got a Yahama XMax 300. Apparently, another friend's son was buying it on the drip but couldn't afford to keep up the instalments. She gave him what he had paid to date and took the moto, taking over the monthly instalments (think 8,000 odd). Don't even know how to start it.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, papa al said:

Lighter CVT weight/rollers

do make a diff.

The way to tune a four stroke engine is by porting the head or modifying the intake and exhaust ports to improve airflow,swapping the camshafts out for higher lift ones and improving the exhaust system.

By fabricating a new one with better airflow,Teflon coating the manifold for better airflow or both?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phnom Penh Trader said:

The way to tune a four stroke engine is by porting the head or modifying the intake and exhaust ports to improve airflow,swapping the camshafts out for higher lift ones and improving the exhaust system.

By fabricating a new one with better airflow,Teflon coating the manifold for better airflow or both?

Buy a bigger bike ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Just looking at the specs between 125 and 160 it seems to have roughly 36% more power (15 vs 11 HP) and 28% more torque (10.8 vs 13.8 Nm). That should be noticable. CC ain't everything ????

Thanks for that. An appreciable increase in performance. Maybe due to updated technology? 

8 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Thanks for that. An appreciable increase in performance. Maybe due to updated technology? 

Not always true, because the new engines have new requirements for fuel effiency and also emissions. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

The torque increase matches 100% the increase in CC and the power increase above what you get with the bigger CC is due to torque curve being different (max at 5000 -> 7000 RPM). Maybe different cam lobe? Not sure.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

I just got the ABS model, 75,000, paid extra but got it immediately, many don't want to sell cash, paid a premium but instant results, and to sum up my own questions.

Is it better, Yes, is it Faster, Yes, Brakes better, Yes, YSS Suspension back and front improves the ride and feels like a different bike, YSS suspension makes a huge difference in my opinion.

I'm considering doing a trip to Loei from Pattaya, nearly 600Kms to Phu Kradung, done many long trips on Big bikes with a group, I'd do this solo on the Click, on a big bike it's just a ride, nothing special, on a Click 160 it's more of an adventure for me. ???? 

I'm not sure Clicks are comfortable for long journeys, i get arseache  on my 125 Click after about 40km where as i can cycle on my road bike for 100km on a tiny seat and it feels better. Let us know how comfortable the 160 is

Edited by scubascuba3

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not sure Clicks are comfortable for long journeys, i get arseache  on my 125 Click after about 40km where as i can cycle on my road bike for 100km on a tiny seat and it feels better. Let us know how comfortable the 160 is

Can buy a motorcycle cushion/pad on Lazada.