Honda Click 160.

Broken Record

On 12/6/2022 at 4:38 AM, Phnom Penh Trader said:

The way to tune a four stroke engine is by porting the head or modifying the intake and exhaust ports to improve airflow,swapping the camshafts out for higher lift ones and improving the exhaust system.

By fabricating a new one with better airflow,Teflon coating the manifold for better airflow or both?

Or 200baht for light rollers.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I have a ZoomerX. It rides fine two up. But then I don't ride more than about 65kph for hours two up as it tends to get a bit hot. I am working on the heat thing.

I had a cursory look at the 160 owner's manual and don't see any reference to load adjustment on the rear shock.

Edited by VocalNeal

On 12/5/2022 at 11:58 AM, Broken Record said:

any thoughts ?

Am joking here, so please do not suspend me mods.  5555

Any 2-wheeler with a step through frame and auto transmission is made for women.

Either be a man and get a real motorcycle or scooter around town like all the other guys with a mangina.  5555

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 10:18 AM, Henryford said:

I've got the Click 160 ABS. Has anyone changed the rear shock for say a YSS or OKD? Does it make a difference? What shock did you put on, i see they cost from 2400 to 4000 baht.

Did you get shocks? any noticeable effects apart from the wallet and mind?

I was surprised at the price of 4600 baht for the front headlight set on the honda click 160 .

The 125 price is under 1000 baht . 

The lights are still working but the glass is cracked after a grab rider turned right in front of me staring at his phone . 

57 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

It’s the front end I have issue with. Doesn’t seem to be much dampening. Fine over big bumps but hopeless over little ruts. Is there any adjustment on them?

Let a couple of  psi out the front tyre.

see what it's like.

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

It’s the front end I have issue with. Doesn’t seem to be much dampening. Fine over big bumps but hopeless over little ruts. Is there any adjustment on them?

Hi, what's your overall review of the 160 - recommended?

Daughter starts uni next year and giving her the Fino that won't die it seems to go forever. We're 15km from work/city/beach all different directions so mainly minor highway use.

I was in Pattaya in July and twice was pillion on a Click 160 motorbike taxi, certainly got along quicker than a Fino would two-up. 

53 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Daughter starts uni next year and giving her the Fino that won't die it seems to go forever. We're 15km from work/city/beach all different directions so mainly minor highway use.

I was in Pattaya in July and twice was pillion on a Click 160 motorbike taxi, certainly got along quicker than a Fino would two-up. 

i really like the 160, but I'm 72kg, not sure how it performs if 100kg+ maybe that's why people need upgraded shocks

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Using softer shocks is probably fine for slow riders, though isn’t a good idea on fast curves and highways, stability is paramount for safety. If it’s not inconvenient constantly adjusting the shocks then get a fully adjustable pre-load rebound shock, yss has them. Most shock upgrades that are partially adjustable are stiffer 

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

I'm averaging 53.4Km/l on mine, so that's pretty good.

The key fob is the worst bit.

You can drive off with the fob left in the house, then after a while it starts bleeping and flashing, so you have to go home an get the fob, or enter the key code manually (takes around 60s using the seat switch) to switch all the security off. Wish it had a real key.

Phone charger not that good either, will charge my phone, but won't charge my Kindle.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I'm averaging 53.4Km/l on mine, so that's pretty good.

You can drive off with the fob left in the house, then after a while it starts bleeping and flashing, so you have to go home an get the fob, or enter the key code manually (takes around 60s using the seat switch) to switch all the security off. Wish it had a real key.

Phone charger not that good either, will charge my phone, but won't charge my Kindle.

my shocks aren't juddery at all.

With the fob you realise you leave it in your pocket or bag and never need to touch it? quite common for people to not use it correctly

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

my shocks aren't juddery at all.

With the fob you realise you leave it in your pocket or bag and never need to touch it? quite common for people to not use it correctly

Yes, my wife often leaves the key in her bag, then goes off in the car.

Then I have to disable the security manually.

11 hours ago, quake said:

Let a couple of  psi out the front tyre.

see what it's like.

Already at 30psi. First thing one does when buy a new bike/post-service is lower the pressures as they automatically blow them up to 50+! Bizarre. Same with new car. Don't want to go too low as tyres can then run hot etc.

10 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Yeah, decent enough. They're real nippy and pull well, great on fuel, strong lights, decent space under seat. Ideal for nipping to 7. Certainly one of the best overall scooter things I've ridden and have done most. Not a real bike of course, but we're not talking about that are we. ????

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Already at 30psi. First thing one does when buy a new bike/post-service is lower the pressures as they automatically blow them up to 50+! Bizarre. Same with new car. Don't want to go too low as tyres can then run hot etc.

Try 28, psi 

My old click, is usually about 19psi by the time I pump it back up to 28-30. :giggle:

Edited by quake

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You can drive off with the fob left in the house

This is concerning. This surely can't be the way it's supposed to work? Otherwise anybody popping into a 7/11 would be at risk of somebody getting onto their bike and riding off.

I thought that these things were supposed to have extremely short range?

7 hours ago, JayClay said:

This is concerning. This surely can't be the way it's supposed to work? Otherwise anybody popping into a 7/11 would be at risk of somebody getting onto their bike and riding off.

I thought that these things were supposed to have extremely short range?

it's a safety thing, once ignition is on (by being near to fob) it stays on even if fob falls out your pocket, imagine if it switched off doing 100 down Sukhumvit. So it's a good thing you just have to remember to turn ignition off if someone could potentially steal the bike. I much prefer the keyless ignition compared to 125i key and kickstart

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

it's a safety thing, once ignition is on (by being near to fob) it stays on even if fob falls out your pocket, imagine if it switched off doing 100 down Sukhumvit. 

Okay I guess. Although I suppose it could gradually come to a halt over time.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

you just have to remember to turn ignition off if someone could potentially steal the bike. 

When I briefly rented a keyless bike the ignition was, as far as I recall, was just an on-off switch. What's to stop the theif turning the switch, and then starting up the bike when you're in a shop?

20 minutes ago, JayClay said:

When I briefly rented a keyless bike the ignition was, as far as I recall, was just an on-off switch. What's to stop the theif turning the switch, and then starting up the bike when you're in a shop?

If a thief is in range he could start it up, but it's a very small range, if I'm at the back of the bike by the topbox I'm out of range