Forza350 vs. ADV350 vs. Xmax300

aldriglikvid

I own a Forza 350. Sorry I cant compare with the other bikes but my two bobs worth about the Forza model. Pro's.... comfortable wide seat so if your a big fellang plenty of leg room. Lights are powerful for a scooter... for my own personal safety I put two extra 50watt driving lights on but standard lights are good. You can cruise all day at 20kmh or 120kmh. Reasonable storage under locked seat.. can fit a full face helmet in there + shopping. Cons... Suspension is lousy. Not enough travel in shock's. You feel every pothole. The paper engine air filter intake is located low beside back wheel so needs to be replaced each service. The wheel base is very long so tends to over-steer. All in all a nice bike. I do maybe 50km average a day with a fair amount of that on dirt back-roads. Obviously the bike is built for sealed roads. I only got 9,000km out of original tires and I don't push the bike.

Edited by Thaifish
  • Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 1:30 PM, stoner said:

just came back from koh chang on my first road trip with my 2022 forza.

here are my thoughts. 

brutal stock suspension

terrible road traction and cornering at higher speeds

overall as poster above states its just a big scooter

however

it was so comfortable to ride. sitting on that big sofa seat wit the platform for resting your feet was a dream. 

i have a ktm duke and have done the same ride with it. brutal changing gears over and over all day. with the forza is smooth sailing all day was so awesome.

acceleration on forza is quite good and smooth.

overall forza as a touring bike isnt half bad. forza however as a daily rider. i would look at others. 

If you want a touring bike, you buy a touring bike with a bit more power. Some say you do not need more than xxx cc, but at once you have decent sized bike, you never look back. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stoner said:

ill get there one day. ????

i might get some really good suspension upgrades etc and see if that can make a big difference. 

when i grow up ill buy a big boy bike. 

Suspension will help alot for sure. Good luck ???? 

• Like 2

here's my tenpenny worth....

All 3 are large scooters (many have said they're like riding an old bathtub)

Too big, heavy, bulky and dificult to park in cities like BKK, Pattaya and CM

Forza and X Max have dreadful ergonomics (the ADV 350 is like you are riding an auto dirt bike) .....

Forza and X Max have dreadful suspension..

Out of the city all 3 are ok, but if you want to do long distances, you would be better off buying a larger geared bike .....

Not sure where any of them fit in - If i has to choose one - It would be the ADV 350 - but in the real world the ADV 150/160 is better (and cheaper) .....

1 hour ago, piston broke said:

Forza and X Max have dreadful ergonomics (the ADV 350 is like you are riding an auto dirt bike) .....

Complete Crock of Manure

Do you own one - ever rode one - ?

1 hour ago, piston broke said:

here's my tenpenny worth....

All 3 are large scooters (many have said they're like riding an old bathtub)

Forza and X Max have dreadful suspension..

Out of the city all 3 are ok, but if you want to do long distances, you would be better off buying a larger geared bike .....

Not sure where any of them fit in - If i has to choose one - It would be the ADV 350 - but in the real world the ADV 150/160 is better (and cheaper) .....

There a means to an end big scoots,  many people are playing the lastest one upman/womanship game around where we live. 

The poorer sensible ones who rely on a bike stick with the Waves. 

Clicks are popular and the little motorbike looking things. 

I still have my Airblade and remember they were unpopular because no step through and the big scoots are of similar design just bigger and lots of space. 

On 12/9/2022 at 12:53 PM, seedy said:

Complete Crock of Manure

Do you own one - ever rode one - ?

yes - all of them - don't own any of them - don't want a bathtub to ride round town on....

This bloke reccons the ADV 350 is the best .... Tend to agree with him ....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, properperson said:

over the last month i have rented / borrowed from mates, A Forza 350, X Max 300 and ADV 350 - all for a minimum of a day, and all in different road / riding conditions.....

My conclusion was:

Last place - Forza 350, just felt like i was riding a boat, didn't feel confident round bends, didn't like the look of the clocks, the 3rd rate suspension nor those awful rubber coated bars .

2nd Place - Yamaha X max, boat like as the Forza better round bends better than the Forza, but far from brilliant, suspension betther than the forza but you really have to upgrade. Clocks didn't do it for me nor did the rubber coated bars...

Winner - Honda ADV 350 - Just has a lovely vibe about it - more like you're riding an auto motorbike than a scooter, good round bends (well for a scooter) - suspension would knock the other 2 into next week. Has propper "wide bar" handle bars, a lovely upright commanding riding position and an ADV style instrumment pannel.

So 11 days ago, went to the Honda scooter dealers,  to find out about availability and price.....

was told about 3-4 months wait, but the sales lady said she would "see what she could do" ...

So placed a 10k deposit and prepared for a long wait ....

This morning (christmas day) got a message (and photos) from the dealers - "your bike has arrived and can collect tomorrow" (26th) ....

320971485_3272523959725986_3734786953700958223_n.jpg

320548942_1548987028932696_3053797559220345522_n.jpg

That's a nice surprise.

Looks good.

I can't see the point of these big 300-350 scooters if most of your riding is around town. They are big, heavy and expensive for town but not upto the job for touring.  An Aerox or Click/ADV 160 is more than sufficient in town. If you do alot of touring get a proper 500+cc bike.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I can't see the point of these big 300-350 scooters if most of your riding is around town. They are big, heavy and expensive for town but not upto the job for touring.  An Aerox or Click/ADV 160 is more than sufficient in town. If you do alot of touring get a proper 500+cc bike.

Proper scoot for big boys above 100kg.

32 minutes ago, Henryford said:

As usual another man meat is another man's poison.

Scooter type SOHC 330cc engine in something weighing more than many larger capacity bikes doesn't make sense to me, but obviously construction costs come into it. 

I wonder if Kawasaki will weigh in with a similar looking scoot with their 400 twin engine, that would go well. 

Excellent feedback from you all, I'm very grateful. 

After doing some proper reflection of my driving history (+90% rides are <15min) I've decided that a +300cc makes little sense (but, probably a lot of fun....)

It's either a new/another Aerox or PCX or ADV or Nmax. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Excellent feedback from you all, I'm very grateful. 

After doing some proper reflection of my driving history (+90% rides are <15min) I've decided that a +300cc makes little sense (but, probably a lot of fun....)

It's either a new/another Aerox or PCX or ADV or Nmax. 

All good enough for your purpose, just annoying when a Forza look down on you same as a Mercedes driver in a 500 sl 1990 model did look at one in Toyota Corrolla! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

They are big, heavy and expensive for town

Big ? - Handlebar width (widest part of bike) like a Honda Wave. Length about 12cm more than a Wave.

I bought mine for the increased power.

Heavy ? Once underway I never feel it, altho' got years riding bikes 2 or 3 times the weight.

Expensive ? prices good on second hand, low mileage models.

U ever ride one ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, properperson said:

over the last month i have rented / borrowed from mates, A Forza 350, X Max 300 and ADV 350 - all for a minimum of a day, and all in different road / riding conditions.....

My conclusion was:

Last place - Forza 350, just felt like i was riding a boat, didn't feel confident round bends, didn't like the look of the clocks, the 3rd rate suspension nor those awful rubber coated bars .

2nd Place - Yamaha X max, boat like as the Forza better round bends better than the Forza, but far from brilliant, suspension betther than the forza but you really have to upgrade. Clocks didn't do it for me nor did the rubber coated bars...

Winner - Honda ADV 350 - Just has a lovely vibe about it - more like you're riding an auto motorbike than a scooter, good round bends (well for a scooter) - suspension would knock the other 2 into next week. Has propper "wide bar" handle bars, a lovely upright commanding riding position and an ADV style instrumment pannel.

So 11 days ago, went to the Honda scooter dealers,  to find out about availability and price.....

was told about 3-4 months wait, but the sales lady said she would "see what she could do" ...

So placed a 10k deposit and prepared for a long wait ....

This morning (christmas day) got a message (and photos) from the dealers - "your bike has arrived and can collect tomorrow" (26th) ....

320971485_3272523959725986_3734786953700958223_n.jpg

320548942_1548987028932696_3053797559220345522_n.jpg

.....she said, whilst she slipped into something more comfortable?

Glad i found this thread.

Have been trying to decide between a Black 300 Xmax connected and a Black 350 Forza roadsync. Originally wanted a Black 350 ADV but after reading about the lack of wind protection, i threw that idea out, as riding my Aerox 155 at above 90 kmh drives me nuts due to wind buffeting and the new scooter will be purchased for a calmer ride.

After popping into Honda Hua-Hin and being told "it not possible to order Forza Roadsync anymore ??? & the standard Forza would be 3-4 month wait" i will now buy the Black 300 Xmax connected with the smaller Yamaha top box.

I read that the front end of the Xmax has decent feel/dampers so i will see if the rear suspension from my current bike will fit the new Xmax.IMG_4321.thumb.JPG.af8ae411c1ffdd2692361befeec82b09.JPG

Not sure if it will fit the new Xmax though, if not i guess i will be throwing another  20,000 at it for rear Ohlins.

Incidentally, the first of the bikes i originally enquired about that turned up in    Cha-Am 5 days ago was also a red ADV.

• Like 1