Forza350 vs. ADV350 vs. Xmax300

aldriglikvid

48 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Ever heard of those things that are available to fit on all type of bikes called windscreens. ????

There are windscreens and there are windscreens. The link with ADV pick of the 3 bikes above comments about the shirt being sucked forward  @piston broke . That is a good designed windscreen with air flow. The Forza has excellent air flow also with my shirt being sucked forward. An advantage over the ADV is that Forza has push button control to adjust windscreen height while on the move. ADV looks like you have to stop and manually adjust the height from what I see in video link. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Pooreye said:

On the Forza it’s adjustable while driving. At first Ididn’t think I will use that function that much, but I use it all the time????

Why not just use one setting? Or do you use city and highway setting ? ????

The Forza has electrically adjustable windscreen but should also come with electric folding wing mirror, it's sorely needed when filtering through Bangkok traffic, some Thai garages do have conversion kit made though,

most Thais seem to just fold them permanently and attach small mirror instead.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, digbeth said:

The Forza has electrically adjustable windscreen but should also come with electric folding wing mirror, it's sorely needed when filtering through Bangkok traffic, some Thai garages do have conversion kit made though,

most Thais seem to just fold them permanently and attach small mirror instead.

kinda like a bath tub with wide mirrors ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2022 at 11:46 AM, piston broke said:

here's my tenpenny worth....

All 3 are large scooters (many have said they're like riding an old bathtub)

Too big, heavy, bulky and dificult to park in cities like BKK, Pattaya and CM

Forza and X Max have dreadful ergonomics (the ADV 350 is like you are riding an auto dirt bike) .....

Forza and X Max have dreadful suspension..

Out of the city all 3 are ok, but if you want to do long distances, you would be better off buying a larger geared bike .....

Not sure where any of them fit in - If i has to choose one - It would be the ADV 350 - but in the real world the ADV 150/160 is better (and cheaper) .....

As you say " if you want to do long distances, you would be better off buying a larger geared bike .....

It's why I am looking at selling my XMax, not that riding 150kms with my partner on the back isn't fine after changing the rear shocks to Ohlins, but i want a bigger engine, so looking at the T-Max 560.....

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Just wondering why you guys choosing scooter instead of and adventure touring style bike when going up in cc? I understand some have hip problems, and other physical challenges a scooter might be a better solution.

Owned a HD glide for years in the US as well as a Gold W8ling. I have grown used to an automatic now and of course hip and knee problems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Owned a HD glide for years in the US as well as a Gold W8ling. I have grown used to an automatic now and of course hip and knee problems.

I guess a Forca is same categori in scooter version. Same riding style but downscaled.

32 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I guess a Forca is same categori in scooter version. Same riding style but downscaled.

Style matters to some that's why it's important to test ride and make sure your gonna like the ride IMO.

When I bought a Versys 650 I adjusted the handlebars to a forward position and put padding extra to the front of the rider seat.

This enabled a slight forward sitting position otherwise back problems for me. 

To have foot pegs in a forward position is a no no for me. 

Riding my Airblade I put my feet on the rear footpegs. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Pretty much with smaller wheels.  Just rode from Hua Hin to Prachuap Khiri Khan Mueang 120 km, n8ce ride. Headed back after a late lunch on the beach down here in PKK by the temple with all of the Monkeys.  

I added a back rest for the GF and have soft bags for extra gear in case we decide to overnight it.  The T-max would be better I think for long rides. Longest we have taken was to Krabi from the house in Southern HH/Pranburi.  

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Pretty much with smaller wheels.  Just rode from Hua Hin to Prachuap Khiri Khan Mueang 120 km, n8ce ride. Headed back after a late lunch on the beach down here in PKK by the temple with all of the Monkeys.  

I added a back rest for the GF and have soft bags for extra gear in case we decide to overnight it.  The T-max would be better I think for long rides. Longest we have taken was to Krabi from the house in Southern HH/Pranburi.  

Highway or costal road? Long ride! 

The 300 scooters are good grocery getter, the underseat storage is really vast

Honda ADV750 rides better with proper motorcycle running gear but still an automatic, but it loses out on the storage, plus even used ones are around 250grand still

For those that say they can't get their leg over the tank in something like NC750, the scooters are still quite wide and those who are inseam challenged will also struggle at the lights to put their foot down

On 12/26/2022 at 6:16 PM, Kwasaki said:

Ever heard of those things that are available to fit on all type of bikes called windscreens. ????

They will not let let me test ride it or arrange to get a test ride delivered to Phetchaburi or Pratchuap K K so up yours Honda

On 12/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, Hummin said:

Highway or costal road? Long ride! 

Highway 4 on the way down and coastal roads coming back. Average speed going was 110 kph coming back the Avg was 80 kph.  Had two BMW bikes ride with me on the coast through Ao Noi and then when we hit the main road off they went.

5 hours ago, Agusts said:

I also look at Tmax, these days can get 2016 for only B250k , not bad, might buy it one day...., but remember it's also heavier and bigger, in town, in parking lots, in traffic etc. , even worse to handle than it there than a Forza or Xmax.

Also you say BMW went off...!, the 400cc one of those is just a bit more powerful than Forza or Xmax (unless it was 650), and on usual roads and highways can only normally go 120/130kph anyway, which the F and X can easily manage..., so I am guessing your total load was on the heavy side...., then can not accelerate as well as those, did they have the same load as you....!?

I also agree with you on XADV and it's hefty price, generally these are for those off-road wannabes that never go off-road, but like to pretend, it's very impractical, no storage, not good wind and rain protection... (and review say the ride is on a stiff side), I rather be on standard maxi scooter for 2000km ride on highway or a proper A road than on a XADV..., I crossed it off my list for now...! (The manual DCT override and huge torque of 750cc on low rev is very interesting though ... ????).

As for those asking why maxi scooter, I hate pegs, I hate clutch, I hate changing gears, I hate foot brake, and like to sit comfortably and have storage ....., is that enough reason...! ????, was on my old geared bike for Sep and Oct in another place and hated it, missed my Forza every day...! 

Load on the BMW was just one person, unsure what they had in the side bags and back box. On the other hand my bike had myself at 98kg and the GF at 45kg. 

True the TMax is a bigger and heavier bike, but then I don't ride into the city (BKK) and don't need to negotiate traffic.  I have a car for that, when the need arises.  When i lived in BKK i did ride the Xmax around town and it is hard to squeeze through traffic lije the smaller bikes do, but i dont mind having to sit in traffic.  I have never found parking an issue anywhere I have gone. 

Traveling to visit places out of the way is easier on the bike and you see things from a different perspective.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 10:05 AM, ThailandRyan said:

HD's are not for touring, they're for people who like to be looked at.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 8:27 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Highway 4 on the way down and coastal roads coming back. Average speed going was 110 kph coming back the Avg was 80 kph.  Had two BMW bikes ride with me on the coast through Ao Noi and then when we hit the main road off they went.

Even with my 1000, It must be empty roads to manage average speed like that ????

Edited by Hummin

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Even with my 1000, It must be empty roads to manage average speed like that ????

Yes they were pretty empty, it's why we went when we did before all of the New Years travel. Drove the car into HH yesterday to stock up and traffic was busy already at 2pm. Coming home at 5pm was even worse until we headed over the flyaway by the Holiday Inn, then traffic died down.  I think HH will be busy over this 4 day weekend. We will stay south as always and visit our many unused beaches.

Planning to ride south on the Xmax to Chumpon in a few weeks.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Just now, seedy said:

Bull manure

You obviously NEVER rode one, or owned one.

No i certainly have not and never will, awful bikes.

From what i've seen having driven proper touring bike(s) all over thailand ( GS's and MS's ) numerous times is they're not used for touring.

They're used for polishing and posting wannabe pictures on FB.

Horrible machines.

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

HD's are not for touring, they're for people who like to be looked at.

I rode one for work, so was that so I could have people look at me?  I rode one in my personal life because they were fantastic to ride. Your statement "they're for people who like to be looked at" couldn't be further from the truth. Jealousy must play a part in why you view it that way. How about those flashy Ducattis, Porsche, BMWs or Mercedes are they driven to impress others and be looked at.  A Bike is a Bike, a tool to be used for pleasure, work or an enjoyable time and nothing else.

• Haha 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

I rode one for work, so was that so I could have people look at me?  I rode one in my personal life because they were fantastic to ride. Your statement "they're for people who like to be looked at" couldn't be further from the truth. Jealousy must play a part in why you view it that way. How about those flashy Ducattis, Porsche, BMWs or Mercedes are they driven to impress others and be looked at.  A Bike is a Bike, a tool to be used for pleasure, work or an enjoyable time and nothing else.

Jealous of what, people thinking i'm a tool, as that's what most of the people i know think about HD owners.

I have a 'flashy' Ducati but it's bought for what i need it for which is touring, lovely bike, so comfortable.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I rode one for work, so was that so I could have people look at me?

Probably.