Education Visa + Pkt to Satun Visa Run info…

Info needed regarding transitioning from Visa Exempt to an Education Visa and a Visa Run from Phuket to Satun.

Such as….

During the 12 months education visa duration are you required to do something every 3 months such as check in with immigration or… get an extension or…?

What is the price for this visa? And if have to get an extension at an additional cost does the education visa serve any purpose other than a 12 month peace of mind.

‘A company’ have informed me that being 51, I cannot apply for an education visa but ‘have to’ apply for a retirement visa… Any truth in that?

————————

I’m currently on a visa exempt entry, now 30 day extension and considering a Satun (I’m based in Bang Tao, Phuket) visa run, of which I’ve done years ago & also know they are not without their own issues…

Can anybody recommend a reputable company that doesn’t have Dominic Turreto at the steering wheel and is 4000b the average charge?

As I’m being told it’s 2500b for the company and ahem 1500b for immigration?

————————

I’ve reworded this from a post some days ago as too many people’s responses were concerning the school requirements and that’s not my question.

Many thanks!

How long do you wish to stay in Thailand? 

Being 51 you can obtain non ED visa but not best option.

An agent obtaining you a non 0 retirement and subsequent extension would have been a good option.

Without a Thai bank account will cost approx 35k.

Depends how long you wish to stay in Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54