Big Joke: No exceptions for senior IB officers if found to have taken bribes to issue Chinese with visas

webfact

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I sincerely hope so. Looking forward to the day. If you ain't got the money to stay here then bye bye.

Wishful thinking if you ask me. 

Thai immigration not arranging visas with kickbacks is about as likely as peasant revolution here, just won't happen. Too many impacted and too much at stake, and the national corrupt culture as it is. Temporary measures yes, but longer term I see no chance. 

But who in 1775 would have believed France would be a republic in less than 20 yrs, so you never know... 

Sigh .. I followed this on the Thai web and apparently the Chinese mafia bought up all the houses in Sukhumvit boulevard where houses previously priced at 15-20m are now going at 50-70m. Just imported all the Chinese property inflation to Bkk. 
so prices get higher n higher and in the end they can only sell to each other …. absolute money laundering. 
But I also find that the Chinese police maybe behind Chuwit disclosures- think about it ..

Edited by NemoH
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Will this spread to those folks using agents /Immigration officers

that bypass the need for having 800K Thb in their bank account.

might be worrying for some.

regards Worgeordie

I know a few and they really see themselves as doing nothing wrong. I new a Chinese/Thai who has made millions out of visa services from bus runs to the now 20k annual visa. He isa nice guy who took full advantage of the corruption.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Will this spread to those folks using agents /Immigration officers

that bypass the need for having 800K Thb in their bank account.

might be worrying for some.

regards Worgeordie

No that is all legal, ???? I read it on here somewhere ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Crackdowns have been promised for the last 30 years and we never truly see them except some token stuff for media consumption.

Thailand can never uncorrupt itself, its endemic.

They stopped agents doing visa runs with people's passports who never left the country, fake stamps and in an effort to stop the agents/iO corruption upped the time we need to keep funds in the bank. The extension fraudsters have made it more inconvenient for those getting them legally. Saying you will never stop corruption is no excuse for not having a good try.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Critics of the RTP say they are anything but alleging they are little more than a mafia organisation in uniform.

Who has been talking? I thought this was just between the RTP and the rest of the world?

To be fair, i have met some fair and honest police but couldn't resist a bit of sarcasm.

6 hours ago, John Drake said:

Several years ago, I read that some 800,000 Chinese had moved into Laos. They simply came in and started to live there like they owned the place. That, in a country of 7 million people. I can't find the article now and I see that Wikipedia says the Chinese in Laos only amount to one or two percent of the population, although they dominate 100 percent of business, finance, and commerce. So who knows the real numbers. I do know that it is a distinct source of trouble to share a border with China or border a small country that does and serves as a transit corridor.

???? In the bigger picture - Clearly not only negative for Laos ... 

China Remains the Largest Foreign Investor in Laos - Laotian Times

Edited by ttrd

6 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Wasn't it Big Joke that banned all agents from entering Immigration offices a couple of years back? Hopefully he'll enforce it again.

Yes!  Now they have to hand the paperwork through the window - bloody inconvenient!????

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Chuwit has claimed that non-immigrant business visas and Type O visa approvals had been made by three police major generals in exchange for cash between 2020 and 2021.

Chuwit seems to have a lot of information.. most of it turns out to be true and very damning for certain people.

20 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I sincerely hope so. Looking forward to the day. If you ain't got the money to stay here then bye bye.

While I agree with you, the restrictions on being able to spend your money in the bank, are too restricted, and could easily be done on a sliding scale. IMO

Edited by brianthainess

19 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Wasn't it Big Joke that banned all agents from entering Immigration offices a couple of years back? Hopefully he'll enforce it again.

While being processed,how many times have you, been interrupted by, I suspect an agency Rep, plonking down a bundle of passports in front of you.? You don't get special treatment for free.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, John Drake said:

Maybe it needs to "spread" to everyone using letters from their embassy. If Americans, UKers, and Australians need to provide Thai bank sources to prove their eligibility for visas and extensions, shouldn't everyone else? Wonder what those letters are worth coming from the Russian and Chinese embassies?

They are not worth the paper they are written on. I knew a guy from Germany that was pretty poor. I asked him one day how he kept a retirement visa. He told me the letter was a joke. They take it and redo it to show income then submit it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, John Drake said:

Several years ago, I read that some 800,000 Chinese had moved into Laos. They simply came in and started to live there like they owned the place. That, in a country of 7 million people. I can't find the article now and I see that Wikipedia says the Chinese in Laos only amount to one or two percent of the population, although they dominate 100 percent of business, finance, and commerce. So who knows the real numbers. I do know that it is a distinct source of trouble to share a border with China or border a small country that does and serves as a transit corridor.

This is another example of why one should be very wary of Wikipedia. I can already disprove the article, seeing as I know several Lao persons without Chinese ancestry who are businessmen. Anyone who has any sense whatsoever would immediately know this is utter <deleted>.