Big Joke: No exceptions for senior IB officers if found to have taken bribes to issue Chinese with visas

webfact

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Chuwit seems to have a lot of information.. most of it turns out to be true and very damning for certain people.

Love this guy, it's about time someone popped up from the swamp and basically started singing. Can't believe nobody has quieted him with a lead muzzle given the number of people he's making upset by breaking the fourth wall.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Brian Hull said:

I would like to see Big Joke stand for PM at the next General Election. He is exactly what Thailand needs if it wants to be a serious player in the 21st Century.

Lol apart from being connected with the current bunch of crooks (his father was Prawit's best mate) he allegedly was at the centre of the elephant tickets scandal, and all big promotions had to pay him. Also, he allegedly abuses staff. Loads of articles online about it and other stuff he'e been accused of over the years.

He's just as bad as the rest of them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gknrd said:

They are not worth the paper they are written on. I knew a guy from Germany that was pretty poor. I asked him one day how he kept a retirement visa. He told me the letter was a joke. They take it and redo it to show income then submit it. 

Your evidence confirms my suspicions. If the Germans are doing it, imagine what is going on with the other "less bureaucratically minded" countries.

2 hours ago, JCauto said:

This is another example of why one should be very wary of Wikipedia. I can already disprove the article, seeing as I know several Lao persons without Chinese ancestry who are businessmen. Anyone who has any sense whatsoever would immediately know this is utter <deleted>.

Seemed suspect to me as well, because I've spent some time in Laos. Also as regards official numbers associated with immigration, I think they are the most inaccurate statistics in the world.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

I sincerely hope so. Looking forward to the day.

Why?  What harm could some elderly pensioners living in Thailand without 800,000K in the bank possibly do to you?  Or do you just like to see bad things happen to other people?

On 12/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

If you ain't got the money to stay here then bye bye.

They have the money to "stay", just not for the visa requirements (or at least they don't want to commit it to a Thai bank account).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/9/2022 at 12:12 PM, worgeordie said:

Will this spread to those folks using agents/Immigration officers that bypass the need for having 800K Thb in their bank account[?]

Seems like it would have been mentioned if so.  Everyone knows about it and it has been going on forever.  If he wanted to do something about it, he could have done at any point in the past.

The difference here is Chuwit making a big fuss about it and it being Chinese organised crime doing it on a large scale.  Chuwit has bought a lot of attention to it.  Should he do the same for elderly Western retirees, who knows?

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why?  What harm could some elderly pensioners living in Thailand without 800,000K in the bank possibly do to you? 

He, by paying under the table, makes life here harder for us that stay legal. Immigration aren't making money by just doing legit old age pensioners visas. So they make life harder for us by putting obstacles in the way which suits them. I'm all for law and order irrespective of if it affects me or not. 

If they have the money, as you claim then they should respect Thai law and toe the line.   ourrules

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why?  What harm could some elderly pensioners living in Thailand without 800,000K in the bank possibly do to you?  Or do you just like to see bad things happen to other people?

They have the money to "stay", just not for the visa requirements (or at least they don't want to commit it to a Thai bank account).

These fraudsters have already done harm to those on the legal side of things with the changes in bank deposit times in an effort to stop their corrupt practices. They have inconvenienced the rest by their selfish actions.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

He, by paying under the table, makes life here harder for us that stay legal. Immigration aren't making money by just doing legit old age pensioners visas. So they make life harder for us by putting obstacles in the way which suits them.

Are you sure that isn't down to the culture of corruption that permeates every level of Thai society?

3 minutes ago, proton said:

These fraudsters have already done harm to those on the legal side of things with the changes in bank deposit times in an effort to stop their corrupt practices. They have inconvenienced the rest by their selfish actions.

Do those measures actually stop the corruption though?  As far as I am aware, it is still ongoing.

It's hard to make a claim that the reason a procedure is in place is to prevent corruption that is very much continuing.

On 12/9/2022 at 12:35 PM, RafPinto said:

My embassy provides an "Affidavit" but first want to see my original bank statements for the last 12 months.
I would not dare to falsify any official documents.

Yes, you and I wouldn't dare to falsify a document.

We have too much to lose.

But for crooks...meh, pay a small bribe and start again, knowing the RTP won't bother you again after having changed identities/address.????????

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Do those measures actually stop the corruption though?  As far as I am aware, it is still ongoing.

Unless one try's one never knows. Maybe BJ is the start? We are the ones at fault for encouraging corruption by trying to circumnavigate the immigration laws.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Unless one try's one never knows. Maybe BJ is the start?

I was responding to someone mentioning anticorruption measures that already exist, so this as a response does not really make sense.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

We are the ones at fault for encouraging corruption by trying to circumnavigating the immigration laws.

That's one opinion on the subject.  Another might be that people are operating within a broken system.

19 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

He, by paying under the table, makes life here harder for us that stay legal. Immigration aren't making money by just doing legit old age pensioners visas. So they make life harder for us by putting obstacles in the way which suits them. I'm all for law and order irrespective of if it affects me or not. 

If they have the money, as you claim then they should respect Thai law and toe the line.   ourrules

Agents, a well known one once told me, are facilitators. I agree that it can appear obstacles are thrown up now and again to push people towards bypassing regular channels and enlisting an agent. But toeing the line in Thailand would get you nowhere. I feel for those who are older, have disability etc, standing in long lines in the sun and being herded about is just impossible for them.....

I suspect immigration would be even more crowded and confused if agents weren't applying some semblance of organization. Remember Chiangmai some years back.. didn't people have to arrive at 5am to stand a chance... and be waiting in a crowd? Without help, many will just risk overstay!

Edited by jacko45k