Big Joke: No exceptions for senior IB officers if found to have taken bribes to issue Chinese with visas

webfact

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Maybe it needs to "spread" to everyone using letters from their embassy. If Americans, UKers, and Australians need to provide Thai bank sources to prove their eligibility for visas and extensions, shouldn't everyone else? Wonder what those letters are worth coming from the Russian and Chinese embassies?

My embassy provides an "Affidavit" but first want to see my original bank statements for the last 12 months.
I would not dare to falsify any official documents.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Don't care. Do the Russian and Chinese embassies do that? Do they issue letters? How trustworthy are any of these "affidavits" coming from foreign sources? There is a simple answer: one standard for everyone; prove you have 800K in the bank or 65K monthly coming in through documentation issued by a Thai bank. Cut the embassies out of the picture entirely. Treat everybody equally.

I make well above the 800k a year and well above the 65k monthly, hence, my "Embassy", after verifying, they issue me this Affidavit.
To be on the sure site, I transfer as well at least 70k each month.

If the American, British etc embassies stopped providing Affidavits, maybe there were too many "dodgy" people, asking for one.????

I find it very hard, if not impossible, to point out a farang around where I live that doesn't use an agency. Bururam IO used to be their own agency. Dunno if that's now stopped since the head IO at the stadium got caught giving visa for pirated goods smuggling? He's now back at work.   Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

8 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Retirees from those three countries mostly follow the rules and those staying here now meet more stringent tests for qualifying for extensions than any other nationality.

I disagree. What test has become more stringent? 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

58 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Will this spread to those folks using agents /Immigration officers

that bypass the need for having 800K Thb in their bank account.

might be worrying for some.

regards Worgeordie

but those are all stand up dudes as was being mentioned here this morning. 

58 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Maybe it needs to "spread" to everyone using letters from their embassy. If Americans, UKers, and Australians need to provide Thai bank sources to prove their eligibility for visas and extensions, shouldn't everyone else? Wonder what those letters are worth coming from the Russian and Chinese embassies?

I know letters (stat/decs) re income are no longer issued by the Aussie embassy, and haven't been for a few years.

31 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Just one clean standard that puts all expatriate retirees on the same level playing field and which would curtail corruption immensely.

Only way to go in my book is to jail and sack all immigration officers found guilty of illegal practices. At the the moment all they get is shunted. No loss of pay or reduction in rank currently AFAIK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Will this spread to those folks using agents /Immigration officers

that bypass the need for having 800K Thb in their bank account.

might be worrying for some.

regards Worgeordie

Only if your Chinese?????

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Well, it's not the Americans, British, or Australians who are the subject of this topic's article, is it? The fact is that the vast, vast majority of Americans, British, and Australians follow the rules. None of them is being investigated for 200K to 300K payoffs to immigration for visas. None of them is threatening to snatch up every piece of property along Sukhumvit and Ratchadaphisek roads, as Chuwit says the triads will do. Retirees from those three countries mostly follow the rules and those staying here now meet more stringent tests for qualifying for extensions than any other nationality.

Every time an article on immigration corruption comes up, somebody always mentions the agents and bank accounts, re the 800K?, even though its unrelated?????

There used to be a big problem with chinese triad gangs in the early part of the 20th century including kidnappings and other crimess. The descandants of the triads eventually became Thai poliiticians. Maybe they will also assimilate the current wave of Chinese triads in the local criminal/political structure. They seem a good fit.

• Like 1