Urgent advice needed

8 minutes ago, novacova said:

You are in a se Asian country, they have the right to do whatever they want. Personally I’d go to the airport and pay the fine and fly out, then return when eligible. Though your entire circumstance isn’t explained.

Seems to me they would be following their own regulations, somethink like 'Foreigners on overstay cannot leave the country without specific processing which must be done at a main airport'.

Logical?

Your in Thailand you have follow/respect Thai applicable laws.

Same applies in any country including in your own home/birth country.

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Did they specify what they meant by "big border"?

Poipet maybe, or Khlong Yai?

Seems to me he can't get overstay processed at any land border, can only be done at a major Thai international airport.

He broke Thai law, he overstayed, which is serious in any country and subject to fines, blacklisting etc. every country.

Now he needs to follow the appliable/specific Thai laws, must get the overstay processed at a Thai international airport. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novacova said:

Hellfire…way back when, you posted…

“I was told that they will not let me out to Cambodia because «have too many visas».

I asked what am I supposed to do - and he told me to go to Chaeng Wattana to transfer the stamp and to get 7 days extension then leave the country.”

Why didn’t you comply with the resolution that was directed to you?

maybe he thought he was above the law.... smart as smart they come..... usually things happen for a reason

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

At Ban Laem they do. I've seen people pay overstay fines there.

Perhaps they have a limit.

Perhaps they include pp history.

In any event the OP who posted "urgent" has not contributed and not been online for 4 hours.

Hopefully making plans to travel to airport to settle overstay.

Thinking one plan suggested by @BritTim earlier made lot of sense. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

That's some MENSA level powers of deduction you got goin' on there bro but it doesn't help the OP one little bit now, does it?

It will help him in the future not to get into this situation by not overstaying his visa. He asked for "advice" and he got "advice" or the future of what to do in the future to not get in this situation.

The OP was also apparently offered advice as per the below, not by some randoms on an internet forum but from an immigration official, but didn't seem to take on the advice:

4 hours ago, novacova said:

Hellfire…way back when, you posted…

“I was told that they will not let me out to Cambodia because «have too many visas».

I asked what am I supposed to do - and he told me to go to Chaeng Wattana to transfer the stamp and to get 7 days extension then leave the country.”

Why didn’t you comply with the resolution that was directed to you?

Edited by bbi1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Perhaps they have a limit.

Perhaps they include pp history.

In any event the OP who posted "urgent" has not contributed and not been online for 4 hours.

Hopefully making plans to travel to airport to settle overstay.

Thinking one plan suggested by @BritTim earlier made lot of sense. 

Did you see a previous thread by OP? It's the second time they haven't let him out. The first time he didn't have an overstay. They just said he had too many covid visas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Did you see a previous thread by OP? It's the second time they haven't let him out. The first time he didn't have an overstay. They just said he had too many covid visas.

There is a saying along the lines..

"The definition of insanity is doing same thing over and over and expecting a different result".

The OP was foolish to attempt same plan. 

Go to international airport and settle overstay and leave 

Not rocket science. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Well, after paying overstay and some angry talk, I was finally let out. Tried to return through another crossing (today) and was stopped. Was advised by the several IOs today that I can come back by plane - but do not think that I will risk it (not a fan of spending 24+ hours in the immigration police airport prison).

And I actually planned to leave Thailand (most probably, forever) in the end of December - beginning of January. So, not a big tragedy. And there is one positive bonus: do not have to think of the credible explanation for my tgf. 

Thank you, Thailand , for everything. Great place, great people and culture, great memories. But we humans get tired and bored even with the greatest things. It is time to move.

???? wish you all the best 

• Haha 1