Urgent advice needed

7 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Well, after paying overstay and some angry talk, I was finally let out. Tried to return through another crossing (today) and was stopped. Was advised by the several IOs today that I can come back by plane - but do not think that I will risk it (not a fan of spending 24+ hours in the immigration police airport prison).

And I actually planned to leave Thailand (most probably, forever) in the end of December - beginning of January. So, not a big tragedy. And there is one positive bonus: do not have to think of the credible explanation for my tgf. 

Thank you, Thailand , for everything. Great place, great people and culture, great memories. But we humans get tired and bored even with the greatest things. It is time to move.

what border did you use that let you out? how much was overstay?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

He broke Thai law, he overstayed, which is serious in any country and subject to fines, blacklisting etc. every country.

Not in the US. Even if you entered the country illegally, you can vote (for the Democrats) and get lots of free stuff -  paid for by the US taxpayers. So I would suggest that he get himself over to the US -  pronto - and all his problems will be solved. (As long as he's not White.)

Edited by BangkokHank
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Well, after paying overstay and some angry talk, I was finally let out. Tried to return through another crossing (today) and was stopped. Was advised by the several IOs today that I can come back by plane - but do not think that I will risk it (not a fan of spending 24+ hours in the immigration police airport prison).

Thanks for the update. If you do wish to return to Thailand, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the IOs told you, it's more or less just their local policy there with regards to border runs.

You could probably travel to Laos and enter Thailand overland from there. To increase your chances further, you could obtain a tourist visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

Not in the US. Even if you entered the country illegally, you can vote (for the Democrats) and get lots of free stuff -  paid for by the US taxpayers. So I would suggest that he get himself over to the US -  pronto - and all his problems will be solved. (As long as he's not White.)

As a non citizen, you can vote in local elections in some cases (though few do). You cannot vote in federal elections. If you have children, there are programs designed to ensure that you and your family have access to food, shelter and education. I understand the attitude that says people should not enter the country illegally, and having your kids starve to death is your fault for coming. However, many feel that having young kids dying of starvation, or freezing to death on the streets, would be a bad look in a rich country like the US. Of course, you can turf them back across the border into Mexico, and have them potentially die there. That solution has, indeed, been quite heavily used in recent years, and offends the sensibility of the more squeamish members of society a lot less.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Thanks for the update. If you do wish to return to Thailand, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the IOs told you, it's more or less just their local policy there with regards to border runs.

You could probably travel to Laos and enter Thailand overland from there. To increase your chances further, you could obtain a tourist visa in Vientiane or Savannakhet first.

The only reason I was denied, that I can think of, is the simple fact that I stayed in Thailand for three years in a row without leaving (20,21,22). This information can be read from the stamps in my passport and, most probably, is in their computer system. I never had any problems with the Thai police, never was deported before - nothing of that sort. So, knowing this, what should make me to believe that I will be allowed into Thailand in the near future (through another land crossing or airports)? I think I could return in 6-12 months time as a regular tourist, if I want. Anything else is a self-delusion which will lead to additional troubles + expenses.

As I wrote above, while this whole experience was quite unpleasant, my general intention was to leave Thailand quite soon, so no big drama here.

4 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Can somebody advice me on how my tgf could send (deliver) me my personal staff (2 big bags) from Pattaya to Cambodia? She does not have the international passport, so, as I understand, unable to travel into Cambodia herself.

Do Thais need a passport to enter Cambodia? If so then she can get a passport at the passport office in her province in a about 5 days time.

Edited by novacova
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hellfire said:

The only reason I was denied, that I can think of, is the simple fact that I stayed in Thailand for three years in a row without leaving (20,21,22). This information can be read from the stamps in my passport and, most probably, is in their computer system. I never had any problems with the Thai police, never was deported before - nothing of that sort. So, knowing this, what should make me to believe that I will be allowed into Thailand in the near future (through another land crossing or airports)? I think I could return in 6-12 months time as a regular tourist, if I want. Anything else is a self-delusion which will lead to additional troubles + expenses.

As I wrote above, while this whole experience was quite unpleasant, my general intention was to leave Thailand quite soon, so no big drama here.

Quite a few people have stayed in Thailand throughout Covid, same as you, and have managed to come back.

There's no hard rule as to how long a tourist can stay, but depending on the policies of the checkpoint you use, being admitted cannot be taken for granted either. Ban Laem makes money from border run companies, so the fact that you showed up there on your own AND with an overstay certainly didn't work in your favor.

I don't see any reason to wait for 6-12 months though. Make it a holiday to look less like a desperate border runner, then try again elsewhere, preferably with a tourist visa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Can somebody advice me on how my tgf could send (deliver) me my personal staff (2 big bags) from Pattaya to Cambodia? She does not have the international passport, so, as I understand, unable to travel into Cambodia herself.

It would be easier in Laos, where Thais can easily get border passes at several of the land crossings.  I do know that at Aranyaprathet/Poipet, it is possible to employ locals to carry goods across the border for a few baht. It ought to be feasible to use them in the worst case. I think 5-day (or 3-day?) border passes for Thais are also possible. That would clearly be ideal, but that might only be for people who live locally. Anyone else know the exact current rules?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hellfire said:

I am at the Ban Laem border with Cambodia at the moment. The second time in the row they refuse letting me out of Thailand. The same happened at this border 3 weeks ago. I am on 2 weeks overstay. They say I need to go to the “big border”.  How legal is this? If I go back now and stopped by the police - I will be in prison for overstay.

They stopped you before - so you stayed and are NOW on overstay and expect them to let you through?  Bit of non-joined up thinking on your part there! 

Leaving from another point before your time was up would have been a sensible move, but too late for that. 

To expect them to act differently now you are on overstay than when you were not (for whatever reason they previously refused) is a bit daft frankly.

PH

2 hours ago, Phulublub said:

They stopped you before - so you stayed and are NOW on overstay and expect them to let you through?  Bit of non-joined up thinking on your part there! 

Leaving from another point before your time was up would have been a sensible move, but too late for that. 

To expect them to act differently now you are on overstay than when you were not (for whatever reason they previously refused) is a bit daft frankly.

PH

Overstay, especially as short as mine is never a problem if one pays the overstay fee. If it was about overstay I would be back to Thailand tomorrow without any hassle. As I explained before , the main reason they don’t want me back is the fact I stayed 3 year on Covid visas. Although, not a single immigration officer told me this in a straightforward manner. Which is the most annoying thing about all this story.

1 minute ago, Hellfire said:

Overstay, especially as short as mine is never a problem if one pays the overstay fee. If it was about overstay I would be back to Thailand tomorrow without any hassle. As I explained before , the main reason they don’t want me back is the fact I stayed 3 year on Covid visas. Although, not a single immigration officer told me this in a straightforward manner. Which is the most annoying thing about all this story.

The most annoying in this story is that they told you the first time what to do and you ignored it.

• Like 1