Covid-Infected Thai Man Found Dead On Flight From Saudi Arabia

webfact

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Spoken like a 20 something. Friend was 70 when I was 38. I asked him how old of an antique he thought he be when he left this world. He said he would be a fossil..just celebrated his 91st birthday in style by jumping out of a perfectly good airplane to get to 100 jumps since he turned 80.....

What does that have to do with 71 being considered elderly in the world? I'm sure tomorrow you will have a family member , wife's family , friend, neighbor, sister in law , daughter , favorite noodle lady story that defies the odds. It's unbelievable. You da man. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

What does that have to do with 71 being considered elderly in the world? I'm sure tomorrow you will have a family member , wife's family , friend, neighbor, sister in law , daughter , favorite noodle lady story that defies the odds. It's unbelievable. You da man. 

Yet you didn't look at a link I posted above I suspect. People die at all ages. Being elderly and frail is a frame of reference and not one I would use.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I think people would be shocked at the number of people that pass away inflight worldwide. Other than recent covid, this story would probably not even merit a mention.

I had an air hostess girlfriend back in Australia, and she had experienced it twice in her career. And that was domestic flights.

Nobody ever dies enroute. ???? They are a "seriously ill" passenger and nobody is allowed to make the pronouncement of death even a Physician onboard,  until arrival at the destination. This is even for domestic flights in the USA.

FCOM technicality. What State or nation is to issue the death certificate can become an issue.

14 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I'd be very worried if I was sitting anywhere close to this guy.

Thing you might get a lot less worried if you read up on air circulation in modern aircraft. Its to do with cabin being under pressure. You might even get a little angry about the lies you've been fed.

On 12/12/2022 at 10:41 AM, ukrules said:

It's likely he stopped breathing out virus particles at the point where he died.

What people seem not to understand , is there's almost certainly someone who is covid positive on every flight into, from and within Thailand.

It's endemic now, we live with it. 

1 minute ago, anrcaccount said:

What people seem not to understand , is there's almost certainly someone who is covid positive on every flight into, from and within Thailand.

It's endemic now, we live with it. 

Get the mask mandate back!

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

In most parts of Thailand people never stopped wearing masks to begin with.

I had noticed in my Pattaya area that mask wearing by the locals was slipping a few weeks ago, but it appears to have come back again now. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 12/12/2022 at 2:55 AM, HuskerDo2 said:

I'd be very worried if I was sitting anywhere close to this guy.

Surely look on the bright side. If he had been sitting next to you then you probably only thought him to be asleep.

Quiet flight; or

As far as I understand, when someone is dead they are surely shunted to the rear.

Flying High (Airplane! 1978) and Leslie Nielsen taught me that.

And stop calling me Shirley.????????

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Get the mask mandate back!

Absolutely no chance of that happening.

Every day as time goes by, overall there's less and less masks worn in Thailand , and certainly the rest of the world it's becoming increasingly rare.

The future of covid response is not trying for infection prevention via mandated permanent mask wearing. It was only ever a temporary measure that has gone far past it's use by date, Thailand one of the few countries now you see this preventative mass mask wearing still common.

Those who are concerned can choose to wear their own PPE, but unless it's an N95 and worn everywhere at all times, you cannot hide from infectious airborne viruses, you will contract it eventually.