Who owns these Russian planes? Massive ferry fire in Phuket: Tim Newton Today - Dec 12

webfact

image.jpeg

Many questions remain over the Russian Aeroflot planes currently flying into Thailand, a huge fire on a large passenger ferry  in Phuket. Predictions for the 2023 Thai election, passenger dies mid-flight on way to Thailand. 10 millionth arrival in Thailand.

Tim Newton Today is a daily, independent look at Thai and south East Asian regional news.

Thanks to our sponsors 5 Star Marine...
https://5starmarinephuket.com

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No idea what he has to do with THIS story/video?

Made his way from the US to Russia and sure no stopover in Phuket.

Nonetheless, good to know that Tim's on the case.....covering the most challenging gossip. 

• Haha 1

Various leasing companies in the U.S. and Japan.

With seven A350's, used on domestic routes for various reasons, the newest is being used to harvest spare parts for the other six. I think the Japanese leasing company already wrote these down as a loss.

The 777s (~ 22) are leased from American companies. That's what's pictured and what they are flying to Thailand. I think they have been assured that Thailand will not allow these to be siezed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

If these planes are those stolen from the EU then i presume they have not been (properly) maintained and therefore have no insurance. How can TAT allow them to use Thai airports?

In answer to your question - MONEY - the only thing that is important here!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

Of course money is number one but does that allow Thailand to waive international aviation regulations. Is there no global body that oversees how aviation rules are enforced?

Don't you see corruption all around you - even at the tope levels of the EU??!!!   I suppose it's IATA which should be enforcing aviation rules but are they beyond corruption?