FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried arrested in the Bahamas after U.S. files criminal charges

Scott

Crypto billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried blames himself for FTX ...

Bahamian authorities have arrested Sam Bankman-Fried after U.S. law enforcement filed charges against the former crypto billionaire.

Bahamas Attorney General Ryan Pinder said that the United States had filed unspecified criminal charges against Bankman-Fried and was “likely to request his extradition.”

In a statement, Bahamian Prime Minister Philip Davis said “The Bahamas and the United States have a shared interest in holding accountable all individuals associated with FTX who may have betrayed the public trust and broken the law.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/12/ftx-founder-sam-bankman-fried-arrested-in-the-bahamas-after-us-files-criminal-charges.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Message

cnbc-logo - McKesson Ventures

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I seriously doubt that claim. Elon reckons this ape gave ONE BILLION to the dems - and to be honest I kinds believe Elon over any Democrat or news media  after twitter revelations !

Another Elon fanboy. The guy who tried to wriggle out of buying Twitter after he made a moronic offer.

• Thanks 1

I read that SBF was on anti-depressants and ADD medication. They can seriously affect one's judgement. In fact, even Tylenol (paracetamol or acetaminophen) can also encourage engaging in risky behavior. I guess there's no legal war of barring such people from being in control of such large amounts of cash.

This doesn't excuse SBF but it might be in part an explanation.

Edited by placeholder

21 hours ago, Purdey said:

With so many people on Facebook trying to persuade others to trade crypto currency these days i am surprised there are still so many suckers out there.

Having the name on a sports arena builds consumer confidence, apparently.

Like crypto dot com

It's somewhat amusing these celebs that did endorsements will be taken to task, this might lead to a whole new realm of lawsuits involving celebrity representation.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2022 at 6:57 PM, placeholder said:

Not the point of the person I was replying to or mine.

They're is even worse?

We are the better of two evils? 

How many guesses do I get or is it a secret between the two of you?  ????