invitation letter for tourist visa to Vietnam @ BKK

Visited the embassy of vietnam to apply for a tourist visa, but noticed they need a document called invite letter to get it from immigration office there in vietnam, as I remember this letter was not required before the covid disaster,

Anyone applied for tourist visa recently and done similar process with this letter?

please share your comment if any helpful idea/advise linked to this letter topic will be appreciated,

Thanks! 

13 hours ago, mxpweb said:

Visited the embassy of vietnam to apply for a tourist visa, but noticed they need a document called invite letter to get it from immigration office there in vietnam, as I remember this letter was not required before the covid disaster,

I think there may be a bit of misunderstanding here. I did it online for a friend of mine just before the pandemic and the text is still the same. We both went but I was visa exempt, have you checked if you are eligible under the visa exemption scheme.

There is an invitation arrangement but it does not apply to short term visas. Full details of the online process can be seen at the link and if you check the application process you will see where it asks for invitation there is "If any" in brackets.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Any reports of process time?

Organizing trip for myself and friends from Oz hence we all need 30 day tv.

Trip is start of Feb so I'm thinking apply in new year? 

From memory I think it's only a couple of days and they send you the approval letter to obtain a Visa on arrival. 

image.png.5006d4b6f815766a1806eaa41fe7e49b.png

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

From memory I think it's only a couple of days and they send you the approval letter to obtain a Visa on arrival. 

image.png.5006d4b6f815766a1806eaa41fe7e49b.png

That's different.

Yes, I previously obtained multi entry 3 month tourist visas to Vietnam (currently not available. Don't know why) and received the "approval letter".

This is different as it's eVisa with link posted by @Caldera above. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for all of your replies guys! very appreciated thankfully,

Just to clarify one point that I checked the eVisa option already, this one offered for a list of around 80 countries as per the website displayed, the passport is not among this list,

Also, I searched this morning and emailed some travel agencies explaining the purpose of this letter, they trying to offer full package not just letter, package with hotels booking, 

I repeated focusing only to the letter, they said only can offer with booking,,, imagine it..!!

As I remember this kind of invite letter, I made it in late 2018 from Russia because it was required by the Russian embassy here in BKK, it costs me around 16 - 18$ that time, and received it in the same hour, everything done online, super easy and fast, done from a hotel and no any obligation to stay with them or not, separate service, 

So, this time I learned it was requested by vietnam embassy just for visiting visa to travel for a week or 2 to buy some items, this letter before the covid19 was not required,

I wonder what this letter will help for? or just indirect way to sell packages?

ANyway, I won't and will never go for these packages or any kind of taking advantages like this, as no any necessary purpose to travel to there, just incase this letter obtained within reasonable cost,

if anyone done this and obtained this kind of inviting letter, please share your comment with many thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, mxpweb said:

Thanks for all of your replies guys! very appreciated thankfully,

Just to clarify one point that I checked the eVisa option already, this one offered for a list of around 80 countries as per the website displayed, the passport is not among this list,

Also, I searched this morning and emailed some travel agencies explaining the purpose of this letter, they trying to offer full package not just letter, package with hotels booking, 

I repeated focusing only to the letter, they said only can offer with booking,,, imagine it..!!

As I remember this kind of invite letter, I made it in late 2018 from Russia because it was required by the Russian embassy here in BKK, it costs me around 16 - 18$ that time, and received it in the same hour, everything done online, super easy and fast, done from a hotel and no any obligation to stay with them or not, separate service, 

So, this time I learned it was requested by vietnam embassy just for visiting visa to travel for a week or 2 to buy some items, this letter before the covid19 was not required,

I wonder what this letter will help for? or just indirect way to sell packages?

ANyway, I won't and will never go for these packages or any kind of taking advantages like this, as no any necessary purpose to travel to there, just incase this letter obtained within reasonable cost,

if anyone done this and obtained this kind of inviting letter, please share your comment with many thanks in advance!

Will you be staying in a hotel this time?  Why not make a hotel reservation, even if just for one night, and ask the hotel to provide the letter?  Seems worth a try.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

Will you be staying in a hotel this time?  Why not make a hotel reservation, even if just for one night, and ask the hotel to provide the letter?  Seems worth a try.

For sure I will book a hotel, but not sure to obtain the visa letter,

I will check and see,,, maybe

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A few friends of mine applied for the 30 day TV. Processing should be about 3 working days but sometimes a bit longer.

Quite a few reports of payment issues so best not leave to the last minute and obviously use the official site 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In my case, I applied on a Friday and got the eVisa on the following Tuesday. That was in July.

It's always a good idea to allow some more time for processing, so your plan sounds good. There's also Tet in late January, so getting the eVisa sorted before that kicks off would make sense. 

• Thanks 1