Could I get some quick help on this question? (Laos border run and TM-30)

Starting to lose a bit of sleep over this and would very much appreciate a clarification/reassurance.

I'm doing a border run to Huay Xai in Laos out of Chiang Mai on December 17. This is also the last day of validity for my current stamp, so I don't want any stumbles that could ruin things.

I recently saw a post on Reddit where a member was talking about the TM-30 in the context of his border run. This caused me to worry because in my month and a half in the country so far, I have not seen, been presented with, carried, or otherwise encountered a TM-30. Now I'm a bit worried that the immigration person at the Thai border when I re-enter is going to ask me for one. That won't happen, will it?  It doesn't make sense to me that it would, if the TM-30 is about reporting where a foreigner is staying in the country; this will technically be a new entry, so I wouldn't yet have anything to report. 

I read that they may want to see a hotel reservation in Thailand, and I guess that would be easy enough to get ahead of time. I also read that they might ask to see proof of an onward flight... I already threw $70 down the toilet on a ticket to PP upon coming here due to concern about that, as no one ever asked to see it. Is it something I will need to do again? 

Thanks for any help.

On 12/14/2022 at 3:49 PM, pub2022 said:

Have you read it?

I just read that, and yes, that would be very inconvenient if they had an issue with it being my last day on my stamp, because I'm hiring a private car at 6000 baht. I contacted the visa run company about this potential issue and they agreed it would be better to go one day before the last day of the stamp, so I'm going tomorrow morning instead. Never a dull moment...