New TM 30 after reentering Thailand on a visa exempt?

Hi.  I am confused about the TM 30 rules.  I was on a non-O based on marriage, but it was expiring and I just went to Phnom Penh for a few days and reentered Thailand on December 9th with the 45 day stamp, which I will likely extend for 30 days.  Does my landlord need to do a new TM 30?  Sme passport and same address.  Thanks!

From what I understand its more about you left the usual residence by exiting TH

They are ok now with a TH night here and ther I see ...

Could be a broblem if somewhere else registers your TM30 and your return to your usual.. should rereg then,,, its so easy now..  not really an issue

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

From what I understand its more about you left the usual residence by exiting TH

They are ok now with a TH night here and ther I see ...

Could be a broblem if somewhere else registers your TM30 and your return to your usual.. should rereg then,,, its so easy now..  not really an issue

Nup.

You no longer need to file a TM30 if returning to your place of residence from a stay in another province or even international travel, however for international travel that is the case only if you reenter with the same visa or reentry permit.

The OP returned to Thailand with visa exempt entry.

He needs to make sure a TM30 is filed. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies.  I will contact my landlord to do one today.  I thought it was scrapped, but I think I had that confused with the TM28 (If that's what it is).  I'm like a week late, but if they ask I could have been staying in a hotel because hotels don't do TM30's?  Hate to be tricky, but with the constantly changing rules it's pretty easy to make a mistake like this.  Also, don't know why the most reliable source of information is this forum, but idk what many of us would do without guys like DrJack and many others!

3 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

I'm like a week late, but if they ask I could have been staying in a hotel because hotels don't do TM30's?

Don't be concerned with being late.

Hotels (in the main) do file TM30,s however this won't be a concern.

Do your TM30 prior to dealing with immigration for example for extension etc

All good. 

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't be concerned with being late.

I contacted my landlord and for some reason she can't do it online.  She said every time she tried to register online before that she needs a "code", which she can't get.  So she told me to go to immigration, but I will have to pay 500 baht per day.  She said she would go this afternoon to do it for me if I pay her 500 baht, which isn't bad because it costs me about that much in a taxi.  So I gave her 2500 for five days + her 500 (she said she would try to get immigration to take less).  But then I read the fine can be nothing or a max of 2000 thb.  This all sounds strange to me, but she said Bangkok immigration is easy, but Nonthaburi immigration charges 500 per day.  Would love to hear your thoughts about this.

47 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

I contacted my landlord and for some reason she can't do it online.  She said every time she tried to register online before that she needs a "code", which she can't get.  So she told me to go to immigration, but I will have to pay 500 baht per day.  She said she would go this afternoon to do it for me if I pay her 500 baht, which isn't bad because it costs me about that much in a taxi.  So I gave her 2500 for five days + her 500 (she said she would try to get immigration to take less).  But then I read the fine can be nothing or a max of 2000 thb.  This all sounds strange to me, but she said Bangkok immigration is easy, but Nonthaburi immigration charges 500 per day.  Would love to hear your thoughts about this.

First up Nonthaburi does have somewhat of a reputation.

The 500baht per day fine is for overstay.

The fine for not doing a 90 day report is/can be 2000baht.

The fine for not doing a TM30 is often approx 800baht.

One solution would have been to check into cheapest hotel that deals with that office and firstly check that they will file a TM30 and provide you with screenshot. 

You most likely will require a TM30 for your 30 day extension to your 45 day visa exempt entry. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1