Savannakhet Trip Report

1 minute ago, Tod Daniels said:

The one year non-O multi-entry has NEVER EVER been listed on the Savannakhet website, you WRITE one year multi on the application and you hand them 5000baht

My point is that you said the info on the consulate website is spot on, it's not, far from it.

I've never had to write anything about one year ME on my application form, just tell the guy.

my report is accurate, all you're doing is complicating this...

If you're a mod, pls close this thread now pls.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevey said:

Ok @PJ71 @Tod Daniels @Bigz@Caldera

If you don’t like long interminable posts skip this. It’s not for you. 

Tod mentioned Non-O’s no problem here. I have just bumped into a guy from Pattaya Norway guy speaks with Irish accents is loaded and has all the stuff in Thailand house etc. he told me he was refused with 800k in the bank and only got a Tourist visa and told he must go to his own country to apply and has lived here 20years. 

Sorry I should have qualified that as NOn-O's based on marriage to a thai (where you can get the year/multi) or based on having a thai child (where you can get the 90 day single entry) Unfortunately for that guy who visa ran on his own they haven't issued 90 day non-O based on retirement at Savannakhet since BEFORE they closed the borders because of the covid-sh*t show.. Had he even called ANY visa run company that goes there they'd have told him that and it could have saved him the wasted trip

I'm surprised you were not asked for a bank book showing the 20K baht or the equivalent in it to apply for a tourist visa. There is no amount of time the funds need to be in the bank just 20K baht or the equivalent on the day you apply for the visa. 

So at the end of the day, after all the bluster, bloviating, pissing, bitching and moaning, you just followed the actual process, turning in your application one morning and picking up your passport the afternoon of the following business day (which in your case will be Monday). ..  <- Hint, that's why there weren't 150 people in line today, NO ONE wanted to get trapped in Lao over the weekend by turning in an application for a visa today ????

Congrats, glad you got the application turned in, the up side is I have NEVER EVER seen anyone who applied at Savannakhet (where they took your money, passport and application) get denied so Monday afternoon you should be entering thailand on a new 60 day TR-60 entry stamp ???? Congrats ???? 

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

My point is that you said the info on the consulate website is spot on, it's not, far from it.

I've never had to write anything about one year ME on my application form, just tell the guy. ????

my report is accurate, all you're doing is complicating this...

Thanx for weighing in with your two satangs worth of opinion. Appreciate it. ????
Feel free to skip the thread if you don't get value out of it ????

3 hours ago, jimn said:

Thats funny. Do you know you are calling one if the most knowlegable people on here and is also a moderator a troll. Your topic is a good reading car crash.

Moderator yer say , permanently banned yer say ? Well I've always held @Tod Daniels in high regard as far as info vis a vis Visa runs are concerned.

16 minutes ago, Stevey said:

Well I've always held @Tod Daniels in high regard as far as info vis a vis Visa runs are concerned.

Stevey I appreciate the detail you went into about the experience. I think a LOT of people who "wing it on their own" can benefit from your tale of what transpired. 

Thank you for taking time to post how it played out. There is a LOT of useful advice in there, especially for people who don't use a service provider to lug them there and back.

Please note I meant no outright disrespect toward you with my comments, I apologize I am blunt, terse, acerbic and coarse.. ???? (and that's putting it mildly)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Thanks for the update. I'm surprised you didn't know about the need for a bank statement, as you had checked the appointment site for Vientiane before (where this is also required). Great that you could sort it out on the spot.

What it is about the bank statement is I applied to the UK Hull Consulate for a 2 months TR 4yrs ago and I wasnt asked for funds, only for the 6mths TR plus the two previous TR visa over 10 years ago at lao and Cambodia never asked either So I never gave it a thought again. I can feel the springs coming thru this mattress, but it's 200baht a night so u can't complain.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

Stevey I appreciate the detail you went into about the experience. I think a LOT of people who "wing it on their own" can benefit from your tale of what transpired. 

Thank you for taking time to post how it played out. There is a LOT of useful advice in there, especially for people who don't use a service provider to lug them there and back.

Please note I meant no outright disrespect toward you with my comments, I apologize I am blunt, terse, acerbic and coarse.. ???? (and that's putting it mildly)

See you on the next one. Moral of this is I need to read the embassy website at least once ????

1 hour ago, Tod Daniels said:

Thanx for weighing in with your two satangs worth of opinion. Appreciate it. ????
Feel free to skip the thread if you don't get value out of it ????

I've 'weighed in' with facts, not opinions or incorrect info.

You're welcome.

On 12/16/2022 at 5:33 PM, PJ71 said:

Er.. sunshine ? Close the thread ? Shouldn’t we wait till I’ve picked my passport up and managed to get boots on soil in Thailand before we start closing threads ? 

Presuming all went well on Monday.  Thanks for the report, fun to read.  Something caught my eye that would like to hear a bit more on..  You mentioned something about ATK covid tests and hospitals.  If you have a minute would be great to hear what that's all about?  Something to do with looking a bit off colour? (you mentioned having a cold).

Incidentally, on your way in to Lao, were there any covid requirements?  ATK test or vax papers?

On 12/16/2022 at 5:38 PM, Tod Daniels said:

Sorry I should have qualified that as NOn-O's based on marriage to a thai (where you can get the year/multi) or based on having a thai child (where you can get the 90 day single entry) Unfortunately for that guy who visa ran on his own they haven't issued 90 day non-O based on retirement at Savannakhet since BEFORE they closed the borders because of the covid-sh*t show.. Had he even called ANY visa run company that goes there they'd have told him that and it could have saved him the wasted trip

I'm surprised you were not asked for a bank book showing the 20K baht or the equivalent in it to apply for a tourist visa. There is no amount of time the funds need to be in the bank just 20K baht or the equivalent on the day you apply for the visa. 

So at the end of the day, after all the bluster, bloviating, pissing, bitching and moaning, you just followed the actual process, turning in your application one morning and picking up your passport the afternoon of the following business day (which in your case will be Monday). ..  <- Hint, that's why there weren't 150 people in line today, NO ONE wanted to get trapped in Lao over the weekend by turning in an application for a visa today ????

Congrats, glad you got the application turned in, the up side is I have NEVER EVER seen anyone who applied at Savannakhet (where they took your money, passport and application) get denied so Monday afternoon you should be entering thailand on a new 60 day TR-60 entry stamp ???? Congrats ???? 

Hi Todd,

Sorry to hijack this thread.  You mentioned at Savanaket a Non O based on supporting your Thai child only bears Single Entry.  Just wanted to double check that if you don't mind?  And in that case, is there anywhere to obtain a Multi Entry based on this scenario?

7 hours ago, lamush said:

Sorry to hijack this thread.  You mentioned at Savanaket a Non O based on supporting your Thai child only bears Single Entry.  Just wanted to double check that if you don't mind?  And in that case, is there anywhere to obtain a Multi Entry based on this scenario?

Historically, a multiple entry Non O to visit your Thai child used to be available sometimes in Penang. They would often only issue a single initially, but a multiple on subsequent applications. However, you needed to be able to show financial proof (iirc 200,000 baht for a single and 400,000 baht for a multiple). That information is old. I can recall no reports for several years.

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

Historically, a multiple entry Non O to visit your Thai child used to be available sometimes in Penang. They would often only issue a single initially, but a multiple on subsequent applications. However, you needed to be able to show financial proof (iirc 200,000 baht for a single and 400,000 baht for a multiple). That information is old. I can recall no reports for several years.

Cheers Tim. That's a good thread for me to follow up. Actually got one of those MEs many years back before being married but having a child.

On 12/23/2022 at 3:24 PM, lamush said:

Presuming all went well on Monday.  Thanks for the report, fun to read.  Something caught my eye that would like to hear a bit more on..  You mentioned something about ATK covid tests and hospitals.  If you have a minute would be great to hear what that's all about?  Something to do with looking a bit off colour? (you mentioned having a cold).

Incidentally, on your way in to Lao, were there any covid requirements?  ATK test or vax papers?

Standby for the last word about Savannakhet. I did a full final report then I went off my Wi-Fi, even though I’ve got a Sim card in, and when I open my phone later it was all gone, my fault, I must remember to write reports out somewhere else and then copy and paste them into, Thai Visa later. I’ve opened my phone before and it says this was a post you were writing earlier and it’s all there for you, nightmare !!!