Help I need my belongings shipped from the UK

SJCoop

Hello I have recently been on a house hunting mission on the island and have found an amazing place within my budget so I am taking the plunge by moving to Thailand the problem is my stuff is in a garage in Bristol and I don't want to fly there to organise having it shipped over.

Is there anyone who can help?

Recommendations for a company that sends stuff by sea?

I have had a quote from one place on 10 boxes I need some others.

I may even let go of a lot of it and just have the most important stuff sent.

On 12/15/2022 at 12:08 PM, SJCoop said:

I'm on a tourist visa and no I'm not married.

You cannot import household duty-free, you need a non-immigrant visa, or a work permit to do that.

A 20-feet container might be safer and could also be cheaper than shipping separate boxes. I was recommended a container when I moved to Samui. Get the stuff or the container shipped CIF Bangkok and use a local shipping agent to clear with customs and arrange for domestic transport to the island, is you are not using an expensive courier-style company with door-to-door delivery, all inclusive. Expect to pay little both duty and vat. You might need to travel up to Bangkok with your passport for custom declaration. A very detailed packing list plus a pro-forma invoice is required with value estimated for each item, and type- and serial numbers for all electronics.

If you do a required by the customs you'll have a trouble free import, especially if you pay a small overtime fee to the custom officers in the harbor, if your shipping agent recommends that...????

• Like 1