Divorce and visa / extension

I believe a divorce will happen in the near future. Originally (10+ years ago) I had a non-O marriage VISA but a couple of years ago I changed to a retirement-type EXTENSION. If this divorce happens do I need to change my VISA to a retirement type or am I covered with my current EXTENSION based on retirement?

31 minutes ago, TT2 said:

If this divorce happens do I need to change my VISA to a retirement type or am I covered with my current EXTENSION based on retirement?

i dont know what you mean...

if your extension is based on retirement, it doesnt have anything with your marriage. so you can continue. But you need to go to immigration and let them know your divorced (just in case, nothing bad doing this) most probably they will say ok theres nothing to do because your on retirement visa not non-o marriage. 

you did your retirement extension based on your retirement payment (retirement pension) not with non-b marriage visa visa. tbh i dont think immigration even know or care your married. 

suggestions from experience:

talk to your wife.. sign a contract. what you want to have, what she wants to have: house,car,kids, etc.

go to a lawyer and both of you sign a contract before divorce. another info, this is thailand if one side doesnt want to divorce there will be no divorce and the court can take 2-3 years. dont think your wife is very nice.. very kind.. she will not do anything after you divorce. trust me. if shes that nice shie wont say anything you are making things safe for you. after divorce you have no rights in thailand. you bought the house,car.. doesnt matter. they will be gone. 

if need more advice message me

im sorry for the bad news about divorce. i know what and how you are feeling.. sad but reality.

good luck

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TT2 said:

If this divorce happens do I need to change my VISA to a retirement type or am I covered with my current EXTENSION based on retirement?

There is no retirement visa.

There is a non O based on retirement or marriage.

Currently your annual extensions are based on retirement.

You are fine.