Have you had high cholesterol  – How successful have you been in lowering your numbers .

backstreet

5 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

My cholesterol was about what yours is. After 6 months of 40mg of Rosuvastatin it was more than cut in half. The doctor then also started me on 10 mg of Ezetimibe which dropped it even lower. I fell SO much better than before I started the Rosuvastatin.

Do you take Rosuvastatin + Ezetimibe togheter at the same time?

Cheers

My cholesterol is also high.I took 20 mg of Simvastatin every night. After about 2 weeks I got Tinnitus. I stopped taking it, but the Tinnitus didn't go away. Now I think whatever I do I won't be immortal anyway and I care more about enjoying my last years.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Normal   Normal   Normal Normal Normal  
    70-99   150 -200   35 - 55 66 - 178 10 -180  
    GLUCOSE   CHOLESTEROL          
            HDL LDL Triglyceride  

08/12/07   126   255   54 159 208  

30/01/08   100   184   47 110 136  

Improvement   21.00%   28.00%   13.00% 31.00% 35.00%  

Normal   These improvements arise from the following actions:          

High   90% reduction in alcohol consumption replacing with fresh fruit juice, more water and fat free milk          

Near   90% reduction in added sugar from daily cereal, tea and coffee (about 10 teaspoons)          

25% increase in fish in the diet – accent on Omega 3          

25 grams twice a week cashews or walnuts          

At this time in my life only little exercise but not really any changes for the period          

No medical intervention          

Pity it didn't improve your tech skills, an image or screenshot would have been better

• Haha 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Pity it didn't improve your tech skills, an image or screenshot would have been better

It looks good in my excel spreadsheet. I tried uploading the file but that didn't work so copied and pasted it and I don't know until had uploaded it that it is far from perfect. However, I am satisfied that the information it contains is more on topic and hopefully useful

• Like 1

1991 high cholesterol  Dr Prescribed   20 mgs of bestatin every night.

Still prescribes them every visit so have taken them for 32 years  = cholesterol is fine get the full works blood test every year

Friend has been on 40 mgs of bestatin every lunch time for about 6 years and is still on the high side

Edited by ignis

1 hour ago, connda said:

Forget that.  I like meat in all forms.  Eggs too.  I even like some bugs (the WEF breaks out with applause).  After 70+ years of life and a lot of reading including medical journals - scary stories aren't changing my lifestyle.

By the way - water fasting improves glucose and lipid profiles. But most people don't have the self-control. 

My POV?  Everything in moderation.  The Middle Path.  It fits well here in Buddhist Thailand.

so he rather fasts and eats nothing for few days per month so he can eat as much bugs as he want and meat....very smart man....

but sure some people just dont care

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

My cholesterol is also high.I took 20 mg of Simvastatin every night. After about 2 weeks I got Tinnitus. I stopped taking it, but the Tinnitus didn't go away. Now I think whatever I do I won't be immortal anyway and I care more about enjoying my last years.

do you have "heart issues' ?     High blood pressure ?  clogged arteries ?      Or are you just taking drugs because you have been told that you have high cholesterol  ?      

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Often vegans don't eat enough carbs

Plenty of carbs. Not enough meat is obviously the problem. Of course they can workaround, but I suppose many are so blinded by their high purpose that they don't know what to do. P. D. Mangan used to be a skinny vegan, into jogging. ????

19 minutes ago, rumak said:

cutting out the exercise was easy,    hmmm, but having a bit of trouble cutting out the fatty food

212 Man Eating Ribs Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free ...

Here ya go:

image.png.42c12a243e9de174e04c483b68bc03d0.png

'Twas delicious to the last bite.???? Note the carbs: veggies. No potatoes, bread, rice, etc. needed or wanted. I'm always amused when our carboholics claim I lead a hard life on a low carb diet.????

Edited by BigStar

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Here ya go:

image.png.42c12a243e9de174e04c483b68bc03d0.png

'Twas delicious to the last bite.???? Note the carbs: veggies. No potatoes, bread, rice, etc. needed or wanted. I'm always amused when our carboholics claim I lead a hard life on a low carb diet.????

The only problem on that table is the Coke ????

Replace that by a beer and it's perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, rumak said:

do you have "heart issues' ?     High blood pressure ?  clogged arteries ?      Or are you just taking drugs because you have been told that you have high cholesterol  ?      

I have no problems. I was taking them because I have been told that I have high cholesterol. 

10 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I have no problems. I was taking them because I have been told that I have high cholesterol. 

Yep.....  if ya ain't sick,  you can always take some pills that will solve that .

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

My cholesterol was about what yours is. After 6 months of 40mg of Rosuvastatin it was more than cut in half. The doctor then also started me on 10 mg of Ezetimibe which dropped it even lower. I fell SO much better than before I started the Rosuvastatin.

How did you feel you had high cholesterol?

I thought there are no symptoms from having high cholesterol. 

• Thumbs Up 1