Phuket Immigration announces results of their recent overstay crackdown

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A 63-year-old American man has been arrested in Phuket for eight days of overstaying. He reportedly did not leave his room and ate only protein capsules while hiding from Thai Immigration.

Named and shamed in the article ???? An 8 day overstay makes me wonder why he could not do a border bounce, now that everything is open

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Well, I messed up my flight calculations and left Phuket yesterday with one day overstay - sent to desk 1A and got a stamp in my passport (I can't read Thai!) but no fine so they're not being silly about it.

You messed up your flight cancellation????? 

A 63-year-old American man has been arrested in Phuket for eight days of overstaying. He reportedly did not leave his room and ate only protein capsules while hiding from Thai Immigration.
———

This is not a correct information. The man actually ate his feces and drank his urine. This could go on forever if not the high tech system employed by the RTP for detecting a presence of the unwanted foreigners in the country.

Edited by Hellfire

while the authorities are well within their rights to track down and prosecute over stayers, they are breaking the law after all so can't complain (it's not difficult to be legal here, the vast majority seem to be able to manage it), they do seem to be going for the low hanging fruit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A 63-year-old American man has been arrested in Phuket for eight days of overstaying. He reportedly did not leave his room and ate only protein capsules while hiding from Thai Immigration

8-days of overstaying and hiding from immigration... rather dubious?

• Haha 2