FORZA NITRON

Badrabbit

Thanks for all the comments, no deposit has been paid as the wait for a bike is between 3 and 4 months maybe longer, I am still undecided what to go for(I like Scooters) no I'm not wealthy so value for money is important so maybe the Nitron is over priced (Honda do charge alot for there accessories) probably better to go for the 180k Forza, although the CB500X is geared its a bike I have been considering for a long time, it would be perfect for my Fishing trips up to Cha Am.

Plenty of time to decide.

Seen Nitron shocks for 59k so they must be excellent quality.

Edited by Badrabbit

10 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Thanks for all the comments, no deposit has been paid as the wait for a bike is between 3 and 4 months maybe longer, I am still undecided what to go for(I like Scooters) no I'm not wealthy so value for money is important so maybe the Nitron is over priced (Honda do charge alot for there accessories) probably better to go for the 180k Forza, although the CB500X is geared its a bike I have been considering for a long time, it would be perfect for my Fishing trips up to Cha Am.

The Phantom 500 also seems to be quite popular.

19 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

I have to admit I am surprised by a comment like this.

Look at the Nitron, or any super size scooter, and look at the CB500X. Those are totally different kind of bikes.

IMHO most riders would want one or the other or a different category of bike, but it's hard for me to imagine someone who is not sure about such a choice. It's like buying a pickup or a sports car. Normally people want one or the other but never maybe this or maybe that.

What's yours your plan? Where and how do you want to ride?

And about gears or no gears. I always had bikes with gears, and I am happy with them. Now with more and more people whose first bike had no gears it seems then never want to change to anything with gears.

Maybe people think gears and a clutch are complicated. IMHO you lean it once, which probably takes less than an hour, and then you can use bikes with gears which give you the choice to a HUGE number of other bikes.

22 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

NITRON on Shopee big price.

Screenshot_20221217-194612_Chrome.jpg

Probably considerable import duty on that since it comes from the UK. Seeing the R3 for $1.2-1.3k online. So the 36k THB on top is not crazy. But I'm not sure if that's really the best for a Forza especially if the forks are not touched at all. Something from YSS might also do the trick and could do front and back while being a lot cheaper since locally made. Also since you didn't buy the Forza yet I'd also check the ADV 350 and the CB500X. Rides to Cha-Am from Phuket are a full day so better get the right bike for the job ???? Could even get a second hand Africa Twin for not that much more (less than 300k) but that's tall and heavy. X-Adv also not too far off.

• Like 1

Bikes are cool but....

image.jpeg

Jo Hoffman has been told she needs facial reconstruction surgery. IMAGE SOURCE: GENEVA HOFFMAN

A student is asking for help to pay her sister's medical bills, after she suffered a horrific accident while on holiday.

Jo Hoffman from Wolverhampton came off her hired scooter while in Thailand, smashing nearly every bone in her face.

She is currently in hospital in Koh Samui, where medical experts from Bangkok came out to try and help her.

She has since found out she is not covered by her travel insurance and her medical bills could reach £50,000.

Just now, Seeall said:

Bikes are cool but....

image.jpeg

Jo Hoffman has been told she needs facial reconstruction surgery. IMAGE SOURCE: GENEVA HOFFMAN

A student is asking for help to pay her sister's medical bills, after she suffered a horrific accident while on holiday.

Jo Hoffman from Wolverhampton came off her hired scooter while in Thailand, smashing nearly every bone in her face.

She is currently in hospital in Koh Samui, where medical experts from Bangkok came out to try and help her.

She has since found out she is not covered by her travel insurance and her medical bills could reach £50,000.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-64006109

11 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Bikes are cool but....

image.jpeg

No helmets accidents I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

What does that accident have to do with the topic? Can we please not drag every topic about motorbikes offtopic with same "it's too dangerous!" stuff? Cheers

Agree it's about a scooter not a proper motorbike..

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Agusts said:

OP, forget about geared bike, at older age it's just waste of time and energy that we don't have a lot to waste....!

I recommend just buying the standard Forza or Xmax, then ride it for a few months and see if you need a shock upgrade - very easy to do. Most people don't need it, and expensive shocks do little about street pot holes on a small wheel scooter... 

The rest of those extras are just cosmetics, design to extract your hard earn cash...., good luck.

Thanks mate, the only sensible reply, I'm now thinking of getting both, Forza Nitron( its expensive but I love the look of it) when it arrives and consider getting the CB500X next September, best of both worlds.

Hopefully the Forza will be excellent as is my NMax, I'm sure the Forza will surpass the NMax in all areas, come next September I will either get the CB500X or a Jam Jar, we'll that's the plan at the moment.

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Thanks mate, the only sensible reply, I'm now thinking of getting both, Forza Nitron( its expensive but I love the look of it) when it arrives and consider getting the CB500X next September, best of both worlds.

Hopefully the Forza will be excellent as is my NMax, I'm sure the Forza will surpass the NMax in all areas, come next September I will either get the CB500X or a Jam Jar, we'll that's the plan at the moment.

Let's see if you change your mind by tomorrow 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Plenty of time for that to happen, Getting the Forza is 100% its just the model that might change.

Get what YOU want, my mate does long trips on his 350 Forza and likes it a lot, the comments of the Moto GP experts from  ThaiVisa International Track Stars............. ( TITS) are an attempt at humour maybe , it's your choice.

• Haha 1

The points of these special editions with tricked out bits and farkles out the showroom isnt't that you can get the bits you prefer or they're better value as a whole package, but that the whole thing can be financed in one deal. 

The average boy racer isn't gonna be able to afford to pay cash 30-60,000 baht for Ohlins or Nitron shocks and full exhaust system if they're doing 10-15% down payment of 15,000-20,000 baht only, the repayment jump from 5000 to about 6000 baht a month for the Nitron sounds almost affordable

If you're paying cash, I don't see the Nitron performing twice better than the Ohlins or 4-6 times better than YSS on bikes like the Forza

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/17/2022 at 7:41 PM, Badrabbit said:

if it's got to be a 350 "bathtub" in standard form - surely you'd be better off getting the ADV 350 ? - similar price to standard Forza, but comes with showa rear gas shocks and showa longer travel front forks plus nicer ergonomics and more upright riding position (like riding an auto dirt bike) ...

and you wouldn't need a 500X either....

win win in my book..

I first had the ADV350 on my mind, but didn`t like the small-tablet looking instrument cluster, and mirrors placed on the wide handlebar.

On the Forza I really like the adjustable windscreen, the more forward positioned mirrors which also are easily foldable. More easy for pillion rider to look them too. 
I didn`t test the ADV long enough to evaluate the suspension, but softer than the Forza it surely is!

Forza rear is a brutal rock hard rally set-up in stock form????

1 hour ago, piston broke said:

if it's got to be a 350 "bathtub" in standard form - surely you'd be better off getting the ADV 350 ? - similar price to standard Forza, but comes with showa rear gas shocks and showa longer travel front forks plus nicer ergonomics and more upright riding position (like riding an auto dirt bike) ...

and you wouldn't need a 500X either....

win win in my book..

I've driven the ADV350 but only around the Honda Dealers yard, I didn't like it as much as the Forza, I had the old Forza years ago which was great so I'll stick to the new Forza, I've actually ordered the Standart Forza and the Nitron I'll buy which ever arrives first.

If I can find an ADV350 I'll take another look as I've got along time waiting for any Scooter to arrive.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/19/2022 at 12:31 PM, Badrabbit said:

I don't take any notice of the Moto GP stars, just hoping for some intelligent comments, went to Honda this morning and saw a standard Forza in Grey and thought "180k very nice" I will go for the standard Forza and put extras on it at a vastly reduced cost, Honda charge a fortune for accessories.

It's a 3 month maybe a 4 month wait though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, piston broke said:

Thanks mate,

Really like the ADV in particular the handlebar, I've got a long time to wait for a Scooter so plenty of time to keep changing my mind.

I do think because of the Showa rear Suspension and the Showa front Forks the ADV is better value for money, I'll go Honda tomorrow and see if the waiting time is the same as the Forza.

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Like 1