removing dried latex paint from floor tiles

gamb00ler

Our builder did a decent job on cleanup, but still some spots where the cleanup was not done carefully.

What's a good product for dried latex paint?  I've been to HomePro and Global house but the staff could only point me to products more likely for oil based paints (Beger and TOA).  An online guide said there are citrus based products but I have not seen any in stores here.

Suggestions?

On porcelain tiles I clean up paint using a paint scraper or flat head screw driver being careful not to scratch the surface.  A brillo pad, steel wool, fine grit sandpaper or even a sponge with dish soap water works.

You have to be careful on other types of tiles to not damage the design.  Latex paint doesn't adhere as strong as oil basd paint to tile so in my experience it comes up without requiring additional solvents.

• Thumbs Up 1

If hard glazed tile, and scraping with a plastic scraper ( even an old credit card), doesn’t get all of it you can look for a d-limonene based paint stripper.  More aggressive is one based on NMP - n-Methylpyrrolidone.

you must wear the indicated chemical resistant gloves when working with either. 

Many latex paints will soften with the use of heat, so you can try a hair dryer. Just don’t scorch the latex.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

A pressure washer does a good job.

I would love it if I could use one..... but it's interior drips from when they painted the door, window and baseboard trim.