74 Year-Old British Man Arrested on Samui Island for 38 Days of Overstay

webfact

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Maybe the guy just has dementia, but I wish these stories could be clear on what type of VISA he had, or was it an EXTENSION ? 

You would like to think that the IO would take everything into account and show some sympathy and discretion if warranted.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

He hasn’t done time yet…maybe they should waterboard him on his way out if the country? What a horrific crime…maybe he was stoned too and forgot?

cute little dig at me. i like your waterboarding idea....worked for the american govt after all right ? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What would be the point of that, people would just stay for the 'grace period' then overstay even more.

I had a fine in my mind, not deportation.

I have to admit I am not up to date with the current rules under which conditions people get deported.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A 74 year-old British man was arrested on Samui Island

deeply concerning.   not for this bloke, though I should be if he's broke and has to go back to freezing weather....

but that 38 days is a story..........which means 1 hour might be a story.....which means the narrative of BAD BAD BAD BAD Falangs is the real story..........illegal!!!!!   

Is there even ONE Falang in Thailand legally????????????????????????????!?!?!?!?!?!??!   lol

Will I go out today and someone ask me, "Are you here illegally??!!!  Could you be arrested today?  Can I see your visa????   Did you know all these BAD BAD falangs?????"

We are in this together.  NOT, you're on your own falang.     I'm reporting everyone!!!!!  lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Did the "smart" car capture him from facial recognition or did the hotel grass him up?

Why the sneering derision with the "grass up" comment, you're ok with law-breakers, are you?  Perhaps he "grassed himself up" by not having a valid visa/permission to stay in his passport that he gave to the hotel.  Perhaps his passport details were noticed by Immigration after the hotel advised them of his stay there?   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jcmj said:

I guess no one taught them the definition of a criminal. Either that or they’re just too damn lazy to do their real jobs. I would like to think drug dealers and murderers are more important to catch, but I guess that takes work. 

Funny that you seem to think that the Immigration Bureau's main concern should be drug dealing and murder cases, not Immigration cases.

• Like 2