Korat police shoot at each other in "misunderstanding" over "yaba" drugs deal

webfact

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Neeranam notes that RTP detractors is another name for Thai bashers, who move here for developing country benefits like cheap rent and living, desperate young ladies, yet moan about things like the police. 

Can't burn you cake at both ends. 

While I'm sure it's possible to say that this group exists, to say that anyone who criticises the police in Thailand is a "Thai basher" is ridiculous.

Are you concerned that they are monitoring this website and logging IP addresses, or do you genuinely believe that the Thai police are not very often deserving of criticism?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Neeranam notes that RTP detractors is another name for Thai bashers, who move here for developing country benefits like cheap rent and living, desperate young ladies, yet moan about things like the police. 

Herfiehandbag notes that it is either "can't have your cake and eat it" or " burn a candle at both ends".

I would advise a candle, it might help illuminate what is in plain view!

16 hours ago, BritScot said:

Thailand which I love and am married to a beautiful and very good Thai wife and two wonderful children with a very good family and I think the Thai government, military and police are not fit for purpose and the comparison to the mafia is well deserved.

Not sure the relevance of what your wife looks like, or your kids being wonderful. 

My opinion is just as valid, with an old, fat wife, and lazy kids.

I love Thailand(I am Thai) and accept the good with the bad. 

The RTP and their ways should be looked at a a blessing in the skies. I can avoid wasting 3 hours in Bangkok traffic by paying 300 baht to a gay cop. 

For all intensive purposes, corruption is convenient. Also, the blatant corruption has fallen by the wasteside.

If we refer to them as Keystone cops, it is a titled well earned, and highly deserved. It is rarely about law enforcement with these guys, and usually about revenue collection, and working the franchise. So, they ask why we have no respect for them? Simple. Do some actual law enforcement work, traffic safety work, and stop obsessing over the next condo or villa purchase, bought will ill gotten gains, and we might decide to show you modest respect. OK guys?

Does anyone wonder if this shooting had anything to do with "competing factions"?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/25/2022 at 3:38 AM, Neeranam said:

Not sure the relevance of what your wife looks like, or your kids being wonderful. 

My opinion is just as valid, with an old, fat wife, and lazy kids.

I love Thailand(I am Thai) and accept the good with the bad. 

The RTP and their ways should be looked at a a blessing in the skies. I can avoid wasting 3 hours in Bangkok traffic by paying 300 baht to a gay cop. 

For all intensive purposes, corruption is convenient. Also, the blatant corruption has fallen by the wasteside.

The relevance to my statement about my wife and children and love of Thailand is because quite a few on here attack like rabid dogs if you ever dare to say anything bad about Thailand or scream your just another old drunk foreigner who can't get a girlfriend or wife in your own country and sit in some bar drinking your life away. I would disagree with your statement: corruption has fallen by the road side "wasteside, not really correct usage". It has been nearly 4 years since we left and I/we found that corruption was still there and more expensive. Most Thais I know just accept it as a way of life or doing business (upto 40% now but prior to the tanks rolling in it was just 20%). 

On 12/24/2022 at 1:34 PM, Neeranam said:

I think you will find it's burn your candle at both ends...  unless it's my missis baking then the cakes burnt ..ha

On 12/24/2022 at 4:59 AM, Seeall said:

Its everywhere not just the cops.....  no comunication...  left hand dunno what right hand does... I get several calls/emails/messages/week when staff

asking/replying this or that, same ol thing.....  one of the largest real estate companyes are famous for this.. total circus...

its all the managements fault not doping their job co ordinating the companies resorces..  the owners should find better managers..

I know part of it is the asian "now mindset" of well, you received it so there is no problem..... nevermind that the company looses millions

THB

and time running around in circles...

Off topic?

Funny you should write about real estate agencies.  
My wife and I looked at a condo in July when we were in Thailand.   Then she went back to the U.S. of A., leaving me in Thailand.  She decided she wanted to buy the condo. 

I had to go back to the condo association to sign paperwork that basically said, I know my wife is buying a condo, my name will not be on the ownership papers, and I was ok with that (or something like that).   I sign the paperwork, take a picture of the signed paperwork and send it to my wife on Line.  

In October, my wife returned to Thailand to finish the paperwork.   The condo association told her I had to again, sign the same document that I had already signed.  But the real estate / condo agency said I had to get the document off the internet.    I had to download a copy of the document I had already signed, from the website of a Thai embassy in Canada, then pay over $100.00 to have it sent by FedEx to Thailand.