Buying vegetables in the local markets

parafareno

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Nothing wrong with MSG, for most people, and I even add it to some home cooking dishes.  Oil, olive & peanut only, and pretty much cut sugar out of diet, with few exceptions.  Really wasn't that much of a challenge, as didn't use much sugar to begin with.  Easy enough to avoid in restaurants.

damn, you must be thr first person i have heard to add MSG when cooking at home.....wow....everybody talks how toxic msg is, but this guy pours it into his dishes...BUT HE AVOIDS SUGAR because it is unhealthy...lol

• Haha 1

i went to check out makro and it is cheaper than rip off thai babushkas in rompho market.....and is very close also...nicely packaged...without babushkas and hungry russians touching the fruit....

i said to thai babushka to give me grinded ginger...and she just grabbed it bay her bare hands...not plastic glove....nothing....

once she told me to grab it myself from the bag...imagine some russian grabbing the grindedginger with his bare hands that smells of salmon and then it is your turn

Edited by parafareno
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, parafareno said:

i went to check out makro and it is cheaper than rip off thai babushkas in rompho market.....and is very close also...nicely packaged...without babushkas and hungry russians touching the fruit....

i said to thai babushka to give me grinded ginger...and she just grabbed it bay her bare hands...not plastic glove....nothing....

once she told me to grab it myself from the bag...imagine some russian grabbing the grindedginger with his bare hands that smells of salmon and then it is your turn

you think too mut, the ginger you usually slice the outside off anyway

• Like 1

7 hours ago, parafareno said:

damn, you must be thr first person i have heard to add MSG when cooking at home.....wow....everybody talks how toxic msg is, but this guy pours it into his dishes...BUT HE AVOIDS SUGAR because it is unhealthy...lol

Edited by KhunLA

11 hours ago, Furioso said:

What the H? I can almost throw a rock and hit Rattanakorn, never knew it was there. Still, I'm going to comparison shop vs. Rhompo. Ngl for S&G I checked out the fruit/veg market outside Mikes Arcade in central Pattaya and they were about double Rhompo prices. 

Indeed, most people enter via Thep Prasit, but there is another entrance at the other end which is closer to Rompho. 

On 12/24/2022 at 5:05 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Send your tilac to do the shopping. Better prices, less work.

You sure about that... I would expect some extra to be put in between for tilac's thai bf...