Multiple Non "O" Marriage visa in Savannakhet - December 2022 report

19 minutes ago, macgver said:

My country and the Thai government signed a bilateral agreement to waive visa requirements. 

What Country is that?

You must have paid 5,000 BHT fee for the Non Imm O multi entry visa at the Thai Consulate.

With specific regard to the one-year MENO (Thai family) visa at Savanakhet: what's the most up-to-date and confirmed information regarding the proof of 400,000 baht.

Can it be in an overseas (non-Thai) bank account?

Or does it have to be in a Thai bank account ONLY?

On 3/15/2024 at 12:37 PM, NanLaew said:

With specific regard to the one-year MENO (Thai family) visa at Savanakhet: what's the most up-to-date and confirmed information regarding the proof of 400,000 baht.

Can it be in an overseas (non-Thai) bank account?

Or does it have to be in a Thai bank account ONLY?

I believe it must be a Thai bank account, and the funds must have been in your account for at least 3 days. 

On 3/6/2024 at 5:28 PM, macgver said:

I took a bus from Bangkok to Mukdahan in the evening and arrived the next day. The bus costs 620 baht per way. Then I took the first International Bus to the Savannakhet Bus Station, which cost 50 baht. At Laos immigration, I must pay a tourist tax of 100 baht to the immigration officer and a Ministry of Finance entrance fee of 20 baht. Check in to the hotel and pay 500 baht per night, including breakfast.

Then I walked to the Royal Thai General Consulate and waited for the office to open at 9am.

The documents required for the Non-Immigrant O (Dependent Visa) are as follows:
- Fill up the application form
- 2 Passport Photos
- Original passport
- Copy of the front and last pages of passport
- Original Marriage Certificate (show only)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (both signed).
- A copy of your spouse's Thai ID (signed by the spouse)
- A copy of your spouse's house registration book (signed by spouse)
- Update your bankbook and show the original bank book (400,000 baht inside for the last week).
- Copy of all your bankbook pages

When I submitted the documents to the consulate, they never asked any questions and simply handed me a small piece of paper for collection. My visa fee is zero baht.

The next day, around 2pm, I go get the passport. I took a tuk-tuk to the Laos border immigration and paid 50 baht. Smoothly cross the border without paying anything. Pay 55 baht for the bus ticket. Before going to Thai immigration, you must fill out an arrival card.

That is my journey.

Until recently I’ve been doing he Non-O ME 1 year Thai wife online. Recently the online system stopped offering ME 1 year and on asking I was told there is no longer that visa, only 90 days single entry. Does this thread mean that as at March 6th 2024 I can still get the 1 year ME Non-O Thai wife in person in Laos? Just to clarify this is not the OA marriage visa but pukka Non-O so I just have to leave the country every 90 days? And finallly the only additional requirement being the 400k in my Thai bank account?

Cheers.

5 hours ago, james2m said:

Until recently I’ve been doing he Non-O ME 1 year Thai wife online. Recently the online system stopped offering ME 1 year and on asking I was told there is no longer that visa, only 90 days single entry. Does this thread mean that as at March 6th 2024 I can still get the 1 year ME Non-O Thai wife in person in Laos? Just to clarify this is not the OA marriage visa but pukka Non-O so I just have to leave the country every 90 days? And finallly the only additional requirement being the 400k in my Thai bank account?

Cheers.

Yes...At Savanakhet only....

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 2:55 PM, rhino533 said:

Just a quick update:  As of February 14th, 2023, this is the documentation that I needed to present at Savannakhet. (Appling for a Non Imm. 0 based on marriage 1 year multi entry visa)

Filled In Application Form 
Two Passport photos
Passport 
Copy of your Passport
Copy of your Laos Visa
Copy of your Thai Spouse ID
Copy of your Thai Spouse Passport (If they have one)
Copy of your Spouse Thai ID Card
Copy of the Marriage Certificate
Copy of your Thai Spouse Tabian Baan (Blue house registration book)
If you have Children with your Thai Spouse:
Copy of your Childs Passport (If they have one) 
Copy of your Childs Thai ID Card (If they have one)
Copy of your Childs Thai Tabian Baan page (Blue house registration book)
Copy of your Childs Birth Certificate
Show the original Marriage Certificate
Show  the original Childs Birth Certificate
5000B for a Multi Entry

The process was straightforward. If you have all the required documents, it only takes a couple of minutes to submit your application at the window. I arrived at 8:15am and was there until around 10am. The line was quite big by 8:30am. No financial information was requested when applying.

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to re-apply for my 1 year Non-Immigrant O multi entry (marriage) visa in Savannakhet in the next few weeks. Just wanted to confirm if anyone has recently applied for this visa type at the consulate there? Have there been any changes to the required documents since last year (2023)? Or is the above still correct? Do you have to show any bank statements this year?

Thanks in advance for any insights!

5 minutes ago, rhino533 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to re-apply for my 1 year Non-Immigrant O multi entry (marriage) visa in Savannakhet in the next few weeks. Just wanted to confirm if anyone has recently applied for this visa type at the consulate there? Have there been any changes to the required documents since last year (2023)? Or is the above still correct? Do you have to show any bank statements this year?

Thanks in advance for any insights!

It seems they want to see 400k in your bank, but not sure if it has to be in it for the previous 60 days or not.

At the start of this requirement, it was said in the bank when you apply, so its a bit sketchy at the moment.

We need a few others to come forward with the facts.....😉

6 minutes ago, transam said:

It seems they want to see 400k in your bank, but not sure if it has to be in it for the previous 60 days or not.

At the start of this requirement, it was said in the bank when you apply, so its a bit sketchy at the moment.

On 3/19/2024 at 5:25 AM, macgver said:

I believe it must be a Thai bank account, and the funds must have been in your account for at least 3 days. 

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Yeh, I remember that, but others have said different. I would like to see a bit more info as we do get folk post false facts..........:whistling:

15 minutes ago, transam said:

This might mess up my plans! What are the requirements if I apply only for a 90 day Non Imm O marriage visa. What funds do I have to show? Are the documents the same?

Just now, rhino533 said:

This might mess up my plans! What are the requirements if I apply only for a 90 day Non Imm O marriage visa. What funds do I have to show? Are the documents the same?

None, no money, get 90 days.....Fee is 2000bht.......

1 minute ago, rhino533 said:
3 minutes ago, transam said:

Can you get an extension on the 90 day Non Imm O Marriage visa like you can on the 1 year multi entry?

Just now, rhino533 said:

Do you receive a 60 day extension or is it less?

Thank so much for replies!!!!!

Yes, you can get 60 days having your Mrs with you. I forget the paperwork side.  

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, rhino533 said:
18 minutes ago, transam said:

Can I apply for the 90 day Non Imm O marriage visa at any Thai consulate or embassy and not have to show my bank statement? Or is this only at Savannakhet?

Just now, rhino533 said:

Can I apply for the 90 day Non Imm O marriage visa at any Thai consulate or embassy and not have to show my bank statement? Or is this only at Savannakhet?

Not sure about that, wait for from others..🤗

2 hours ago, transam said:

No I don't....🤗

This is my situation, I currently have over 400,000 baht in my bank account, but it hasn't been there for two consecutive months. I'm unsure now if Savannakhet requires the funds to be in the account for two months to qualify for a 1 year visa. A shorter holding period, like 3 days, wouldn't be a problem. However, if they do require two months, then applying for a 90-day visa with a one-year renewal in Thailand seems like a better option. Since I travel frequently, a direct one-year renewal isn't needed. Plus I hate leaving 400k in the bank for 2 month not being able to use it!

Just double-checking about the 90-day marriage visa (Non-O). Do I really not need to show any money to get it? or at least not 400k in the bank for 2 months? I just don't want to travel all the way up there and find out i need to show it. haha. 

1 minute ago, rhino533 said:

This is my situation, I currently have over 400,000 baht in my bank account, but it hasn't been there for two consecutive months. I'm unsure now if Savannakhet requires the funds to be in the account for two months to qualify for a 1 year visa. A shorter holding period, like 3 days, wouldn't be a problem. However, if they do require two months, then applying for a 90-day visa with a one-year renewal in Thailand seems like a better option. Since I travel frequently, a direct one-year renewal isn't needed. Plus I hate leaving 400k in the bank for 2 month not being able to use it!

Just double-checking about the 90-day marriage visa (Non-O). Do I really not need to show any money to get it? or at least not 400k in the bank for 2 months? I just don't want to travel all the way up there and find out i need to show it. haha. 

When Sav first started asking to show 400k for a Multi-O it was reported that it could be shown in your bankbook the previous day, along with a bank letter showing you had the 400k in your account.

Those who turned up not knowing the change were given a 90 day Non-O instead, for 2000bht.

Then folk here said the 400k must be shown to have been in your bank for 2 months previous, this to me has not been 100% clarified.

I myself maybe going there in a few months time, so hopefully we get some more "genuine" info here soon..😋

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

When Sav first started asking to show 400k for a Multi-O it was reported that it could be shown in your bankbook the previous day, along with a bank letter showing you had the 400k in your account.

Those who turned up not knowing the change were given a 90 day Non-O instead, for 2000bht.

Then folk here said the 400k must be shown to have been in your bank for 2 months previous, this to me has not been 100% clarified.

I myself maybe going there in a few months time, so hopefully we get some more "genuine" info here soon..😋

Im going in the next few weeks. I'll report and let people know the situation! Thanks so much for your help.

• Thanks 1

Just now, rhino533 said:

Im going in the next few weeks. I'll report and let people know the situation! Thanks so much for your help.

That would be great, not many come back with "genuine" helpful info regarding Savv................🤗

1 hour ago, transam said:

Someone is confused with the above, let's have it, don't be shy....😋

1 hour ago, transam said:

Someone is confused with the above, let's have it, don't be shy....😋

Tranny, are you quoting and confusing yourself old chap?

Do you need help?