For safety, downhill cycling banned in Doi Inthanon National Park

webfact

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Utter stupidity.......how many motorcyclists will be using it without wearing helmets.....clowns.

It's about cycles not motorcycles.

They can go up but not down, and have to be accompanied by a car. What a wonderful green cycling experience.... quite idiotic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately, it's the way of the world ... the few ruined it for responsible people.  Guessing they looked at the cyclists' accident/injury/death numbers, and most were going down.  In that aspect, it makes sense ... to error on the side of safety, if cyclist are causing accidents to self & others.

Same with everything else, hobbies & such, as drone operators all got painted with same brush also, because of the idiots.  The only reason for laws, rules & regulations ... IDIOTS

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

So you're allowed to ride up the mountain but not allowed to ride down again. This level of idiocy is only attainable by a black belt moron.

You are not allowed to ride down. So simple logic says you cannot ride up as you can't come down. Seems simple to me. 

11 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

Your logic is flawed, so it is not logic at all.

You can cycle up and come down in your support car. Simple.

Or As I suspect. The errant cyclists get driven up there and freewheel down????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Unfortunately, it's the way of the world ... the few ruined it for responsible people.  Guessing they looked at the cyclists' accident/injury/death numbers, and most were going down.  In that aspect, it makes sense ... to error on the side of safety, if cyclist are causing accidents to self & others.

Same with everything else, hobbies & such, as drone operators all got painted with same brush also, because of the idiots.  The only reason for laws, rules & regulations ... IDIOTS

What's wrong with drone pilots?

Am i an idiot?

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Some people used drones for peeping toming 

Certainly don't need a drone to be a perv, and actually not the best choice, since not exactly very stealth, or decent camera at distance.

Edited by KhunLA

2 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

Soon cycling downhill will be totally banned everywhere in Thailand!    Which is fine, I have only walked uphill both ways since I was young.    Tuk tuk prices……100 baht up, 500 baht down.  Dangerous, pay more.   

how can you walk both ways uphill without walked downhill... always heard what goes up has to come down  555

11 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

Soon cycling downhill will be totally banned everywhere in Thailand!  

For the curious and search engine friendly I found at least two tour companies in CM who offer a downhill cycling tour. Get driven to the top and cycle down

Maybe there are too many cyclists for the road to safely handle.???? 

Edited by VocalNeal

Moronic (TIT) & totally discriminatory against a single form of transportation

Yet continue to allow other two wheel transport like motor scooters & motorcyclist to descend of course????

Stupidity here never ceases to amaze. This likely has no real ties to any actual safety/accident statistics

Because if forced to show records I am 99.9% sure there would be way more motorcycle/motor scooter accidents & even car/truck accidents on Inthanon due to the poor driving ability here in Thailand

Truth is any cyclist capable of riding up Doi Inthanon is surely a capable/experienced rider & more than capable of descending that road.

(If in fact there are downhill only tours then look at them not the ones that can cycle up that mountain)

This is more than likely a push for business between Silver Vans & Lor Dengs probably related to chief of the park that had this dimwit idea.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

I wonder how many cyclists compare to motorcyclists on the mountain? 1/10, 1/100th something in between? Low hanging fruit

basically, it’s will kill the recreational cyclist market who are doing day or overnight trips on the Mtn…people are not going to pay extra or inconvenience friends for sag wagons…I can’t imagine a heavy cyclist volume to start with?

trying to give the image of safety or make up for the 29 preventable deaths on an I’ll-prepared ship? 

if the roads are going to be slick or wet, maybe require a PFD on the uphill portion and generate a vendor market at the bottom? 500B to rent?

I don’t think thailand has any law requires cyclists to mandatory wear bike helmets? Wouldn’t that be more practical and let the decision- making up to the rider?

14 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I wonder how many cyclists compare to motorcyclists on the mountain? 1/10, 1/100th something in between? Low hanging fruit

basically, it’s will kill the recreational cyclist market who are doing day or overnight trips on the Mtn…people are not going to pay extra or inconvenience friends for sag wagons…I can’t imagine a heavy cyclist volume to start with?

trying to give the image of safety or make up for the 29 preventable deaths on an I’ll-prepared ship? 

if the roads are going to be slick or wet, maybe require a PFD on the uphill portion and generate a vendor market at the bottom? 500B to rent?

I don’t think thailand has any law requires cyclists to mandatory wear bike helmets? Wouldn’t that be more practical and let the decision- making up to the rider?

You are referring to things that require intelligence, planning, vision and real safety protocols. Not something this goon is capable of. This is simply a knee kerk reaction to some rich Thai kid falling off his bike. Utter nonsense. Total tripe.