My second ask for advice today.

Negita43

I have made a small project that has a LED outside floodlight switchable by a remote. I notice that when it loses power and the power is restored the light defaults to on. It's at the back of the house and could remain on for sevearl days before being spotted. The remote switching unit has 2 outputs (I'm only using 1) so assuming both outputs become live under the power on/off senario I would like to use this output to trigger a warning light in a visble place (preferably in the house).

I'm not up to date about LEDs so are there any LED indicators (like the ones you see in some switches, with or without associated circuitry) that can receive a 230 volt input, what search term should I use when looking in Lazada?

4 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

Yes good thought but depending on the time it might switch off the unit whilst being used

If only timed for nighttime i would of thought that would be OK or try and find a fix for the problem, may @crossy could help better than myself. 

This sounds like a security light situation - as LED's are very low wattage why not just install a normal T8 type LED that turns on with darkness and turns off with daylight?  They make special tubes with sensor in them.  Have been using one at front of house for several years with no issues (above outside washer) - light is on anytime it is needed.

Thanks everyone but the project requires that the floodlight is switched by a remote and that side of things works great (PIRs have a habit of switching off if they do not detect movement or body heat), All I need is an indicator in ta visible place that confirms the unit is on or off. I already have a system that lets me know if I have left the lights on in my underbuild (see pic) but I was looking for something a bit less obtrusive and a bit more "technologically" up to date.1267993332_IMG202212291725591.jpg.adcb38b43849004834390bf53a265016.jpg

1 hour ago, Negita43 said:

I have made a small project that has a LED outside floodlight switchable by a remote. I notice that when it loses power and the power is restored the light defaults to on.

I suggest first you should check if you can change the default setting. Maybe there is a little switch on the LED controller or a software setting, something like that.

If you can change it on the floodlight (controller) to start with OFF then you don't have to worry about the rest.

MY I suggest a leviron smart wall wartnif weather proof location . Uses wifi so needs a good signal.   Can control ON times based on actual sunset sunrise times.  And via smart phone app and can with with apple home kit and other voice systems like  alexa.   I install these as well as lutron.  Luton has an outdoor switch short extension cord  wifi switch.  But it needs a bridge.  I am not sure what's sold for 240v in Thai8