First visa extension (Thai wife)

Hi all,

I applied on 20 December for visa extension, my non-o visa ends on 5 January and got the phone appointment with immigration on 7 February(I have to call them to know if I got the extension).

so from 5 January to 7 February I will be in overstay? is it normal that I got the appoint after 1 month and half from the day of application?

when should I submit my first 90 days report TM47, on 5 January or 90 days from 5 January?

TIA

55 minutes ago, indyo said:

when should I submit my first 90 days

90 days after you entered the country or 90 days after your last 90 day report. 

Your visa extension is valid from the day immigration accepted it, nobody has ever been refused after that point. 

Edited by BritManToo

Generally, the first application for a one-year extension of stay after entry with a non-O visa counts simultaneously as your notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days but there seems to be no written rule about this and some immigration offices may handle it differently. 

Some immigration offices ask the applicant for a one-year extension of stay to come back 30 days after the application, others 30 days after the expiration of the current permission to stay.