No Special Measures for Chinese Visitors

webfact

13 minutes ago, Selatan said:

You don't have to worry about the "junk" Sinovac/Sinopharm. Better for you to worry about mRNA vaccines instead:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/1-severely-ill-sporean-china-travel-moh-ready-step-border-measures-2082726

SINGAPORE — Travellers from China account for about 1 to 1.5 per cent of arrivals to Singapore by air, or about 700 to 1,000 travellers each day. Of these, 40 to 80 Covid-19 cases are detected on a weekly basis. All have had mild symptoms except for one Singaporean who is "severely ill" with the coronavirus.

For your information, Singaporeans are mostly vaccinated with mRNA vaccines.

He didnt say the chinese vaccines were junk. They were just not as effective but still helped, re your Singapore reference:

Singapore Breaks Down Covid Deaths by Vaccine, With Moderna Seeing Lowest Rate

Most deaths reported in those who got Sinovac, Sinopharm shots

Health minister says key strategy remains to live with virus

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-10/singapore-lists-death-rate-divergence-on-covid-vaccine-type

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Selatan said:

https://codeblue.galencentre.org/2022/12/30/no-border-closures-or-mandatory-covid-tests-for-china-travellers/

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 30 – The government has decided not to suspend the entry of visitors from China into Malaysia or to subject them to pre-departure or on-arrival Covid-19 testing.

All arrivals are only screened for fever.

The Chinese don't need to worry about stringent entry requirements by enemy states like the US and UK. The tourist money is better spent in friendly countries like Malaysia and Thailand.

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2022 at 11:38 AM, newnative said:

If outbound Chinese are being tested, how did a plane land in Italy with 52% of the Chinese passengers infected with covid?

50% is an insane percentage. The pandemic should be over in 3 months in China, as nearly all people will have been infected. Expect total deaths to be in the millions. I see no reason to expect a different percentage for newly arrived Chinese in Thailand.

Edited by DavisH
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, gearbox said:

The Chinese don't need to worry about stringent entry requirements by enemy states like the US and UK. The tourist money is better spent in friendly countries like Malaysia and Thailand.

At this time there are no restrictions to the UK (up to date as of yesterday). There are restrictions to travel to the US though. 

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

He didnt say the chinese vaccines were junk. They were just not as effective but still helped, re your Singapore reference:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-10/singapore-lists-death-rate-divergence-on-covid-vaccine-type

Useless link from an year ago, before omicron becoming the dominant covid variant. The key event for reopening the world was omicron becoming dominant, not the "vaccines" from the big pharma.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Useless link from an year ago, before omicron becoming the dominant covid variant. The key event for reopening the world was omicron becoming dominant, not the "vaccines" from the big pharma.

Why a useless link? You don't like the statistics from Singapore, the fact they were in the process of opening their borders a year ago and were living with the virus back then? Or perhaps the fact they are not asking for negative tests from Chinese?

P.S. Omicrom became dominant in Singapore nearly a year ago....lol

Edited by Bkk Brian

4 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I read a similar percentage for thoser arriving on two planes to Madrid. Now Spain is imposing pre-arrival testing on anyone coming from China. 50% is an insane percentage. The pandemic should be over in 3 months in China, as nearly all people will have been infected. Expect total deaths to be in the millions. 

It helps to think rationally. Nobody who is aware that they already have severe covid would fly to a foreign country risking getting hospitalised there. It means these 50% are probably asymptomatic and not aware they have covid. Covid is just turning into a seasonal flu... did we get screened for flu to fly before?

I flew to Thailand in late Feb when the PCR screening was still in place - I had to do 3 PCR tests, one prior to departure from Sydney, and 2 in Phuket. Nevertheless I did myself an ATK (or RAT called in Australia) test just before getting to the airport. If the test was positive I just won't fly - it is much better to have covid in Australia supported by the excellent public health care system, than getting detected as positive in Phuket with vague hospitalisation outcome.

The Chinese are not that stupid, they won't fly if they have covid symptoms and risk getting hospitalised in an expensive foreign country health care system.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why a useless link? You don't like the statistics from Singapore, the fact they were in the process of opening their borders a year ago and were living with the virus back then? Or perhaps the fact they are not asking for negative tests from Chinese?

The study predates Omicron and Omicron was the game changer. We are enjoying our freedoms now not because we had the 10th booster, but because covid did a turn to less lethal variants. We just got lucky this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, gearbox said:

The study predates Omicron and Omicron was the game changer. We are enjoying our freedoms now not because we had the 10th booster, but because covid did a turn to less lethal variants. We just got lucky this time.

You should probably check the post I was replying to. Quite clear what I was responding to, nothing to do with freedoms, boosters, variants or any one being lucky. 

So let me make it clear for you again:

37 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You should probably check the post I was replying to. Quite clear what I was responding to, nothing to do with freedoms, boosters, variants or any one being lucky. 

So let me make it clear for you again:

Your reply was in regards to quality of covid vaccines. My replies were stating my opinion that now taking into account the current covid variants the quality of the covid vaccines is not that relevant as it was an year ago.

I'm going to have a typhoid vaccine in the next few days, bus as far the covid is concerned the issue is done and dusted for me, with 3 covid shots and 3 covid cases, all after the third shot. No more boosters. Never had a flu "vaccine", still alive and well.

4 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Your reply was in regards to quality of covid vaccines. My replies were stating my opinion that now taking into account the current covid variants the quality of the covid vaccines is not that relevant as it was an year ago.

I'm going to have a typhoid vaccine in the next few days, bus as far the covid is concerned the issue is done and dusted for me, with 3 covid shots and 3 covid cases, all after the third shot. No more boosters. Never had a flu "vaccine", still alive and well.

I couldn't care less what your stating, your opinion means nothing to me, I was talking facts relevant to the post I responded to

Edited by Bkk Brian

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I couldn't care less what your stating, your opinion means nothing to me, I was talking facts.

Your "facts" are relevant today as much as the Chaweng tide times a few days ago. The topic of this thread is "no special measures for Chinese visitors" as per 01/01/2023.

6 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Your "facts" are relevant today as much as the Chaweng tide times a few days ago. The topic of this thread is "no special measures for Chinese visitors" as per 01/01/2023.

Perhaps tell that to the post I replied to before you get a mod hat on....lol

Feel free to supply links disputing my facts

Edited by Bkk Brian

32 minutes ago, rabang said:

Remember how vaccines were supposed to stop the infections? Now they just "prevent severe cases", which omicron won't cause in the first place anyway.

They did reduce infections for the alpha and delta. They prevent severe illness for all mutations. Many people still die from omicron, most are unvaccinated.

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

They did reduce infections for the alpha and delta. They prevent severe illness for all mutations. Many people still die from omicron, most are unvaccinated.

But we were originally sold the idea that they would stop the spread completely. How about a laughing face icon for that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Selatan said:

You don't have to worry about the "junk" Sinovac/Sinopharm. Better for you to worry about mRNA vaccines instead:

I have had 3 of them out of choice.... perhaps I need not worry about scaremonger or conspiracy theories. After all, China is as likely as anyone else to do such things, maybe more so. But I try to accept Covid was not deliberately created by them and they are not spying on me on an Iphone or 5G Network. 

On 1/1/2023 at 1:38 PM, ozimoron said:

They don't. Only one of my links was from Singapore. All the links were scientific research which claimed the Chinese vaccines were effective at preventing serious illness. I think at this point you need to put up some evidence to the contrary instead of telling what I think and how sensitive I am. You want to bash the Chinese vaccines without any evidence at all.

Your citation had NOTHING to do with Chinese vaccines or covid.

I simply questioned why Singapore's state media (Straits Times is really all they've got) wants to big up the Chinese mRNA vaccines when real-world evidence on their efficacy suggests otherwise.

I don't need to hold your hand on a wander through the internet for evidence to the contrary if you are not really interested.

Just now, NanLaew said:

I simply questioned why Singapore's state media (Straits Times is really all they've got) wants to big up the Chinese mRNA vaccines when real-world evidence on their efficacy suggests otherwise.

I don't need to hold your hand on a wander through the internet for evidence to the contrary if you are not really interested.

I provided a number of links which provide evidence that the Chinese vaccines are effective against serious illness. You have posted none.

25 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I provided a number of links which provide evidence that the Chinese vaccines are effective against serious illness. You have posted none.

15 hours ago, Anton9 said:

EU calls screening of travellers from China unjustified

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64119080

Totally agree. However, the US sees the current domestic unrest in China and their u-turn on zero-covid mandates as a weakness to be exploited internationally and are undoubtedly pressuring their allies to toe the line.

It's commonly called a pile-on.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You made a claim and the rules of the forum require that you post such links in support of your claim or not make it at all. I, for one, am sick of "I don't need to hold your hand" or "don't you know how to use google". Such trite comments are the preserve of those who can't produce credible links to conspiracy theories and misinformation.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:
17 hours ago, Anton9 said:

Great decision by Thailand, it makes no sense to ask for a test since Covid is endemic in every country of the planet.

But every developed country on the planet is also requiring tests for Chinese arrivals.

The politicians of every developed country on the planet are ignoring the science and advice of their own, qualified medical advisers to jump on the "ban the Chinese" bandwagon by requiring tests for Chinese arrivals.

There, that's better.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The politicians of every developed country on the planet are ignoring the science and advice of their own, qualified medical advisers to jump on the "ban the Chinese" bandwagon by requiring tests for Chinese arrivals.

There, that's better.

Still no link?

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You made a claim and the rules of the forum require that you post such links in support of your claim or not make it at all. I, for one, am sick of "I don't need to hold your hand" or "don't you know how to use google". Such trite comments are the preserve of those who can't produce credible links to conspiracy theories and misinformation.

The "rules of the forum" require what now?

You posted a single article from Singapore's media about how good the non-mRNA vaccines are.

I posted a comment that Singapore would have a sound reason to fly in the face of medical reasoning with this stance.

You asked for citations why I would say this.

I posted citations that illustrate the special relationship.

That's all.

I may have been impolite with my hand-holding suggestion but maybe you should read more.

I never suggested, postulated or posted "conspiracy theories and misinformation."

11 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Totally agree. However, the US sees the current domestic unrest in China and their u-turn on zero-covid mandates as a weakness to be exploited internationally and are undoubtedly pressuring their allies to toe the line.

It's commonly called a pile-on.

So your saying the US started all of this new testing? That's laughable.  Tell me how and why....

• Like 2