UK to need negative Covid test for China arrivals

Scott

100+ Airport Terminal Pictures [HD] | Download Free Images ...

The UK is set to announce that passengers arriving from China will need a negative Covid test before they travel as cases surge in the country.

Britain has become the latest nation to bring in screening for travellers from China after Beijing relaxed its zero-Covid policy.

China has said it will fully reopen its borders next week for the first time since March 2020.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64130655

BBC.jpg

• Like 1

It really is time for people to stop obsessing about this virus.

The obsessives remind me of a teenage girl constantly checking their face for perfection in a mirror, because they have absolutely no other thought processes going on.

Most people would be much better of if they could just get over it and concentrate on something more valuable.

• Haha 2

If they are that old and sick, then they are at a very real risk of dying from any number of things, of which Covid is just one item on a very long list.

If someone were to suggest that Covid is the only threat to such people, or even the most important one at this time, would be a fine example of the obsession I am talking about.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

You are aware that Covid is still circulating widely in the UK, with about 40,000 cases confirmed last week? What possible difference can a planeload or two of Chinese make to that?

I feel some sympathy for people who see Covid goblins and demons round every corner. It is an obsession, and an unhealthy one.

A planeload or two...are you trolling me boy! Given the Chinese New Year holiday at the end of January, combined with the population of China having been prevented from travel for so long, current estimates are that 500,000 Chinese will visit Thailand by end January 2023 and between 3 and 5 million will visit throughout the year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eleftheros said:

You are aware that Covid is still circulating widely in the UK, with about 40,000 cases confirmed last week? What possible difference can a planeload or two of Chinese make to that?

I feel some sympathy for people who see Covid goblins and demons round every corner. It is an obsession, and an unhealthy one.

A new strain?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Restrictions on travel to try and stop the spread of Covid - they have clearly learned nothing over the last 3 years.

It worked for Australia. It was the only defense we had after the government mismanaged the vaccine rollout.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

Reported post and responses to it removed.

15.  You will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, medical history, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant factor.

10 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

The obsessives remind me of a teenage girl constantly checking their face for perfection in a mirror, because they have absolutely no other thought processes going on.

Most people would be much better of if they could just get over it and concentrate on something more valuable.

Why don't you tell that my 2 friends who died 

• Love It 1

13 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

I hope if you do catch covid you do not end up with long covid. If you do catch long covid like I have you will change your mind. 

• Like 1