How dangerous is it to drive in Thailand?

george

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Enjoy and stay safe when dancing with the devil. ????????????

Its been my life to long, expect the worst, and be ready for what comes! Still alive, so must have done something right when doing something others said was impossible! Risking it all for nothing! 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Its been my life to long, expect the worst, and be ready for what comes! Still alive, so must have done something right when doing something others said was impossible! Risking it all for nothing! 

People say why do you track race, I use to say because I can. ????????

8 minutes ago, seedy said:

Statistics are meaningless without more information. You just can't say "It is the most dangerous"

Day or night ? Drunk or sober ? Good tires, brakes, shocks ? Speeding ? Breaking the Rules of the Road ? Distracted ? These - in my experience - contribute a lot to the accident and death rates.

Riding in India is way more dangerous than here. This comes from first hand experience, not a bunch of meaningless statistics which can be used to prove - or disprove - anything you choose.

Death statistics are pretty convincing, I would not say meaningless

• Like 1

Richard Barrow in Thailand-Please Note 70% of deaths were "MOTORCYCLISTS!!"

A message to foreigners who might be in Thailand for the first time. The roads are deadly. An average of 53 people die every day. 21 foreigners have also died on the roads this year so far. If you insist on driving, wear a helmet, have a driving license & have proper insurance.
???? Road accident report 10/1/2023
???? 57 deaths and 2,174 injuries
???? 70% of deaths were motorcyclists
????‍????‍????‍???? 3 children died
????‍????‍????‍???? 2 pedestrian died
????‍????‍????‍???? 1 foreigner died
???? 539 deaths in 10 days or 53.9 deaths/day

May be an image of text that says 'ข้อมูลรับแจ้ง อุบัติเหตุทางถนน ในประเทศไทย 10 มกราคม 2566 เสียชีวิต บาดเจ็บ ROAD DEATH STATISTICS FOR 2023 เสียชีวิต แยกตามประเภทรด 57 ราย 23% 2,174 คน เสียชีวิตแยกตามประเภทรถ รถจักรยานยนต์ อายุไม่เกิน 5ป ราย 15 เสียชีวิตแยกตามวัย 3 ราย รถยนต์ 23% 77% ผู้ใหญ่ สถานะผู้เสียชีวิต สถานะผู้เลี ผู้ขับขี่ REPORTS 8 NEWS THAI 1/2 เสียชีวิต แยกตามช่วงอายุ ผู้โดยสาร คนเดินเท้า ราย 15 2 สัญชาตีไทย เสียชีวิตแยกตามสัญชาติ 56 ราย 1 1-14 ชาวต่างชาติ 15-18ปี อุบัติเหตุสะสม ปี 2566 ผู้เสียชีวิตสะสม ผู้บาดเจ็บสะสม 539 22,333 ราย 19-24 ปี 3.74% 25-35 6.77% 36-60 ปี 9.45% กับจากรถงำกัดและเครืงข่ายรับแ้ง ThaiRSC www.thairsc.com 21.03% 39.75% RSC Source: www.thairsc.c com Tweeted @ThaiNewsReports'

• Thanks 1