Kim Jong-un vows to "exponentially" increase nuclear warhead production.

Social Media

Kim Jong-un has vowed to increase the production of nuclear warheads “exponentially” and build a more powerful intercontinental ballistic missile, North Korean state media reported on Sunday, signalling deepening animosities with the United States, South Korea and others.

10 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I wonder what's stopping them from blowing this idiot to the hereafter? History has shown tolerating these sort of meglomaniac bullies only leads to disaster in the future

I wholeheartedly agree with you most likely everyone is worried about collateral damage to neighboring country’s if Kim or his government (if you can call it that) manage to launch personally I think the best one to pull it off would be China.that’s on my wish list for the new year!

How can North Korea, one of the world's most isolated, least developed, and impoverished countries develop all the latest nuclear, thermonuclear, ballistic missile, cruise missile and submarine launched missile technology, including both uranium and plutonium bomb grade material volume production?  These things are all very difficult.

When sanctions are on, who provides North Korea with illicit deliveries of oil and other essential materials?  Vladimir Putin.

Who is Iran's primary strategic partner? Vladimir Putin.

Who is actively developing some of the most horrific doomsday weapons ever envisioned? Vladimir Putin.

This name keeps coming up.

• Like 1

Maybe US knows he's full of shet and his missiles couldn't hit the side of a barn with a handful of rice? Still, can't see why they cant take him out personally. I don't think even China support Nth Korea do they?

On 1/2/2023 at 1:17 PM, Kenny202 said:

Maybe US knows he's full of shet and his missiles couldn't hit the side of a barn with a handful of rice? Still, can't see why they cant take him out personally. I don't think even China support Nth Korea do they?

Like so many times when a despot leader is in power, the question arises, "now what?"

Say Kim is "removed" from power. Who takes over the North? His lunatic sister?   

Next, what happens to the economy/society in the North? If it descends into chaos, it will inevitably flow over the border into South Korea. That will shatter the South's economy as they struggle to deal with untold numbers of refugees streaming in from the north. From what I have read, the South Korean leadership really doesnt want that to happen. They are hoping for a gradual end game where the North finally succumbs and some pragmatic leaders emerge.  

On 1/2/2023 at 7:36 AM, rabas said:

least developed,

That's not quite true. For least developed, you must look at sub-saharan Africa. 

A shet-hole like Pakistan was able do develop the bomb (I know,  they had some help).

And look how Koreans were able to develop their country in the south.

The same kind of people would certainly achieve something in the north - it's just not BTS and Samsung, but a different kind of achievements. 

2 hours ago, Lorry said:

That's not quite true. For least developed, you must look at sub-saharan Africa. 

A shet-hole like Pakistan was able do develop the bomb (I know,  they had some help).

And look how Koreans were able to develop their country in the south.

The same kind of people would certainly achieve something in the north - it's just not BTS and Samsung, but a different kind of achievements. 

Pakistan had A. Q. Khan, the infamous father of Pakistan's atomic bomb. Originally from India and educated in the metallurgical engineering departments of Western European universities where he pioneered studies in metallic alloy phase transitions , uranium metallurgy, and isotope separation based on gas centrifuges. All the technologies you need to make an atomic bomb.  wiki

And yet Pakistan has not come anywhere even close to N. Korea in terms of depth and breadth of development of modern strategic type weapons.  Lil' Kim destroyed an entire mountain with his miniaturized hydrogen bomb, vastly more difficult than a simple atom bomb. Just being smart is not enough.  

Point being that it's just not possible for a place like NK to do all that without outside assistance. And who benefits the most strategically from an advanced nuclear state pointing nukes at the US?

Vladimir Putin.

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1