ED Visa Holders Not Attending Classes

4 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

The OP said ESPECIALLY Russians, so it might not be worth western bashing in this thread!!!!

I am sure if there are 87,000 Russians and 1 Westerner, the westerner is worth mentioning!!!

But the OP made it VERY clear it was ESPECIALLY Russians, and I'm in his thread.

You can start your own thread about  bad western ED holders, but let's not get distracted.

especially russians.................of course.    of course.    I need someone else to do a full investigation and get some facts!!!!!  How do we know the Russians aren't taking night classes, turning in homework, maybe private tutoring, fluent already, or maybe they aren't Russians at all???!!?!  But it's not my thread..................now I'm on the look out!!!!  

I do not think the fact that most of those skipping the OP's classes (a sample consisting of a single class) is a justification for suggesting that Russians (and Chinese) look for ways to game the immigration system, while Westerners do not do so. I cannot see how anyone who reads this forum for a few days can form that impression. Certainly, Westerners are somewhat less represented in this particular manner of circumventing the rules as, for a time at least, they have more options. Even so, I would say at least 50% of the Westerners on this forum asking about Non Ed visas are doing so purely as a way to stay long periods in Thailand.

On 1/3/2023 at 2:43 PM, Gottfrid said:
On 1/3/2023 at 2:38 PM, Banana7 said:

Why aren't the IO visits a "surprise" to really catch the students who aren't attending the classes?

Wow! The million dollar question! Because, someone get payed enough to do such thing.

You mean someone is getting paid enough NOT to do such a thing, no? It's probably when the payola stops that it all gets a bit sweaty.

On 1/30/2023 at 1:54 PM, JoseThailand said:

It's not gonna happen. The immigration mafia is strong enough

Was watching the latest video last night by one of the more popular/younger expat YT video bloggers in Thailand, who mentioned he's been here long-term on Thai language school ED visas and got grilled by Immigration on his most recent return arrival coming into Swampy.

He recounted being questioned in Thai by the IO, and being asked to count to 10 in Thai language (which I hope is not Immigration's way of ferreting out language school fakers). In the end, the YT blogger indicated he was allowed back into the country...to continue his full-time occupation (which isn't attending Thai language classes).

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1