To those of you with children at school in Patts - is their school making masks compulsory?

tomster

Long story short my 7 year son had a nasty chest infection and was off school for nearly a month, got better then had a relapse within 3 days of going back to school where masks are compulsory during inside lessons.

The school is Satit Udomseuksa on Sukhumvit Soi 89, Pattaya.

After some pretty heavy duty antibiotics we got the infection shifted, but there is no way I will let him wear a mask again, he needs to breath normally.

I have asked them to allow him to attend without the mask but as it's closed currently not expecting a reply until they reopen next week.

However, as masking is not compulsory from the Ministry of Education and Satit have chosen to keep making it compulsory, I am expecting them to say that he can't attend unless masked.

So I will likely have to private tutor him until the end of term and then change schools.

Hence the question to other Pattaya Parents - is your school still mandating masks, or are they optional? I guess I will need to try argue the point with them and it would be helpful if I knew what the other Pattaya schools policy on this issue is now.

Thanks in advance.

Off topic posts and replies to them have been removed.

This topic is about whether schools in Pattaya require students to wear masks. This topic is not about questioning the OP about the correctness or incorrectness of any action they may or may not take.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

My kid goes to school in Ban Chang and yes masks are worn in class. I think it's not right as well, but sort of forced to follow.

My son goes to a bi-lingual school in Ban Chang too.  Masks are no longer compulsory, even in the classroom, although most kids seem to prefer wearing them.  

• Haha 1