eVisa for TOURIST Visa - another bunch of questions!!

I am in the process of applying for a TV - staying 58 days from Feb to April.

I'm using https://thaievisa.go.th/dashboard  (having created an account and filled a bunch in already.

This eVisa is pretty much OTT for a Tourist Visa but I have some specific questions that I cannot find answers to online:

Apparently ALL these MUST be completed before you can submit the form!!!

So here goes:

Travel booking confirmation - ticket?

Proof of accommodation in Thailand - Hotel booking voucher?

Financial evidence  - how much in what sort of account???  For a Tourist Visa!

Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.)

It has to be answered so can I just upload my passport twice? (I am a UK national applying in UK)

A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement  - I'm retired - so would a UK government pension Award Notice from 2021 suffice?

Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport  - What on earth!!!

Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip. That HAS to be filled in so can I just upload a word doc saying no travel in the last 12 months?

Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency. What goes here? Council tax form?

Thanks in advance - as i say, I have searched for answers but to no avail.

VBF

10 hours ago, Salerno said:

Personally, I'd just enter visa exempt (45 days) and get an extension (30 days) for 1900 Bht in country rather than waste time on an eVisa.

But then I've got to get one of these "pretend" tickets to get on the flight haven't I? (Even though I have a return ticket out within 60 days.)

Plus I'd rather waste time now here in UK than waste half a day going to Immigration.

So, answers to my original questions would be appreciated.  I'm hoping Ubon Joe pops up as it goes.....

1 minute ago, VBF said:

But then I've got to get one of these "pretend" tickets to get on the flight haven't I?

Only if you get asked at check-in which would depend on your airline. So you have it set up on your phone ready to go, if asked and they're not willing to let it go, take the phone out and buy the $12 "ticket" there and then to show them.

It was just an option.

Not all the questions have to be answered for a tourist visa.

But ... the catch is... This is the world of computers here

'The website form needs something in that space that it leaves for an answer'.

or to say it differantly.... the form has to be a completed form, with something in every answer space before it can send the finished form away.

The computer doesnt care what the answer is, as long as there is a something (a file, a scan, a photograph) in the space left for an answer

So type a letter on your computer saying

Is this required for a tourist visa?

and save the letter as a file with whatever name you want,  call it  'tourist visa letter'

For the questions that dont have to be answered for a tourist visa just upload the file 'tourist visa letter' that allows the computer to see all questions have been answered and sends the application off to be looked at by a human being.

Just now, TK924 said:

Not all the questions have to be answered for a tourist visa.

But ... the catch is... This is the world of computers here

'The website form needs something in that space that it leaves for an answer'.

or to say it differantly.... the form has to be a completed form, with something in every answer space before it can send the finished form away.

The computer doesnt care what the answer is, as long as there is a something (a file, a scan, a photograph) in the space left for an answer

So type a letter on your computer saying

Is this required for a tourist visa?

and save the letter as a file with whatever name you want,  call it  'tourist visa letter'

For the questions that dont have to be answered for a tourist visa just upload the file 'tourist visa letter' that allows the computer to see all questions have been answered and sends the application off to be looked at by a human being.

Thank you for getting to the hub of the matter - it's all about what the system needs to see. as a retired IT guy, I despair of this particular website!!!!!

I had thought of your suggestion and have made a Word document (saved as PDF) saying that i have not travelled for the last 12 months to answer one of their questions about recent travel

What would YOU do for the "Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport"  question?

10 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

I guess you are visiting anybody, so i would attach a hotel booking.

Thanks - after a few conversations i went with @TK924 suggestion and produced a PDF containing the content

"Is this required for a Tourist Visa? I am staying in a Hotel as a paying guest – see “Place of Stay in Thailand”

and posted that as the supporting document.

I understand that if they need more documents they email and request them, so I "trod boldly" and submitted the application today. It's now in "Processing" status. I shall update this thread in due course - either happily or not as the case may be????

Edited by VBF

6 hours ago, VBF said:

Thank you for getting to the hub of the matter - it's all about what the system needs to see. as a retired IT guy, I despair of this particular website!!!!!

I had thought of your suggestion and have made a Word document (saved as PDF) saying that i have not travelled for the last 12 months to answer one of their questions about recent travel

What would YOU do for the "Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport"  question?

I had to try about 5 times because it didn't like one file/answer (format? Browser?).  It would hang up.

As for accommodation, I stayed at our house in Loei.  I had my wife write a letter of invitation and copied her ID card.  I might have added a copy of the house registration (tabien ban).  We used her sister's local phone number. 

Just now, Celsius said:

Believe it or not some airlines will now ask for return ticket even with a visa

Well that's totally stupid. How about people who genuinely do live in Thailand on Non-IMM visas?

If you know this to be FACT, can you name the airlines?

Just now, Damrongsak said:

I had to try about 5 times because it didn't like one file/answer (format? Browser?).  It would hang up.

As for accommodation, I stayed at our house in Loei.  I had my wife write a letter of invitation and copied her ID card.  I might have added a copy of the house registration (tabien ban).  We used her sister's local phone number. 

Well as i'm genuinely booked into a hotel, I've used the hotel emails saved as a PDF....we shall see!

I had that hang-up problem too, on some of my JPG files. I resolved it by creating PDFs from them and uploading them.

Sorry for people who are not conversant with IT though - it's difficult enough for those who are!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Hey, did you get your 60 day Visa??

I'm in the same boat.

Do they require a return ticket? I'm planning on converting to a LTV Non-OA.

Do they want to see a hotel booking for the entire stay??

thanks!

6 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

I'm planning on converting to a LTV Non-OA

Where are you planning on "converting" to a Non O-A 

A non O-A is obtained in your home country or country where you have permanent residency. 

Edited by DrJack54

33 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Where are you planning on "converting" to a Non O-A 

A non O-A is obtained in your home country or country where you have permanent residency. 

I only booked a one way ticket because I'll be getting a Non O.

I wonder if my eVisa 60 STV application will be accepted just showing a one way ticket?

I'll be applying for a Non-O for the purpose of retirement at Jomtien Soi 5 immigration. Initial 90 days then extension to 1 year.

I want a 60 day STV so I don't have to hassle with visa on arrival and then doing an extension. Also if I need to extent the 60 day STV to 90 I can. In the case I need more time for my 800K THB to season in my Bangkok bank account.

BTW I understand there is now a health insurance requirement. Did I see something about a health certificate too? Or is that for the O-A?

Edited by likerdup1

6 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I was asked by Cathay Pacific 2 months ago. Up to you.

The airline clerk was in the wrong.

Someone more senior would have corrected it. 

It can happen if visa has very short life.

I was once asked for onward flight even with visa for Vietnam.

The issue was my visa for Vietnam had only 4 days remaining.

Don't know why you were asked. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

I'll be applying for a Non-O for the purpose of retirement

Yes. A non O retirement not a non O-A.

Very different animals.

The non O retirement only requires the 800k to be in the bank on day of application for the non O.

The two month seasoning is for the extension.

Sadly Jomtien immigration (rogue) with dracula lady is asking for 2 months prior to applying for the non O. 

There is current thread running about this issue. 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The airline clerk was in the wrong.

Someone more senior would have corrected it. 

It can happen if visa has very short life.

I was once asked for onward flight even with visa for Vietnam.

The issue was my visa for Vietnam had only 4 days remaining.

Don't know why you were asked. 

I know the clerk was wrong. However, if someone more senior is also wrong what happens to your flight? I did fight it, of course. The point is they did ask me and grilled me about my Marriage Visa.

Edited by Celsius

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes. A non O retirement not a non O-A.

Very different animals.

The non O retirement only requires the 800k to be in the bank on day of application for the non O.

The two month seasoning is for the extension.

Sadly Jomtien immigration (rogue) with dracula lady is asking for 2 months prior to applying for the non O. 

There is current thread running about this issue. 

HaHa, I've dealt with her (iron lady) before! I think she wants everyone to use an agent (for obvious reasons) and gets angry if guys try to get the visa legitimately. I was able to get one with her though but she made me jump through some hoops. I think my map drawing wasn't quite artistic enough LOL.. But I got my Non O in 2018...

BTW any information on if a 60 STV eVisa application would get rejected showing a one way ticket to BKK? 

2 minutes ago, Celsius said:

The point is they did ask me and grilled me about my Marriage Visa

Not sure what you mean by marriage visa. 

You either had a non O marriage or a ME non O or an extension.

Apart from the ME you would have had a reentry permit.

In any event as you suggest sometimes you run up against this rubbish.

I always suggest to have wifi (if possible) and as last resort step away and book throw away flight. 

2 minutes ago, Celsius said:

yep. e-visa. Maybe because it is new and it comes on a piece of printed paper it got them confused. 

Think that's it.

I have seen reports where the person has had to explain to the airline staff what their particular stamp means.

Some staff for example are confused with elite visa etc.

Prior to covid with lot of travel my reentry permit was perhaps few pages back and I had the practice of marking that page for quick access. 

17 hours ago, VBF said:

I applied on 5th Jan - got an email dated 10th Jan "Your visa is approved" 

The email had an attached PDF with all the relevant details printed, and IMPORTANTLY a QR code.

I've printed it  (High Res!) and will present it to the airline on check-in and then to Immigration on arrival. 

I'm now covered for my trip - no need to get "onward" tickets, or to go to Immigration when in Thailand.

Happy days ????

I don't know if a return ticket is REQUIRED, but as I have one, I submitted it anyway. (Actually 2 singles but I concatenated them into 1 PDF)

Also, for a TV, a scan of my bank a/c (obfuscated, naturally) showing January 2023. I happen to have had about £9K in it at the time I scanned it it but I still don't know what sum is needed.  For UK residency, obfuscated Council Tax bill

I showed the emails between me and the hotel but not a specific booking.

Thanks to those who offered advice. ????????

Parting thought: If only the instructions were less ambiguous, it would be less stressful!

Thanks very much for replying VBF.

I got crickets chirping on my forum post! Not one reply! Wow!

Well the story is I'm applying soon. I've got all the required docs.

I booked a one way ticket from USA and just booked a flight BKK to MNL for about $140 USD (which I may or may not use on the date ) The air ticket can be changed/cancelled for credit with the carrier.

Interesting that you concatenated the two one ways into one PDF.  What did you use to do that? Seems smart just to make sure they see both tickets.

I was just going to put the return trip confirmation in the number 4 item marked: Travel booking confirmation. Since I'm using the USA forms I wonder if you saw that item also?

I found out that the return ticket is required according to USA Thai consulate general and I was told to submit all requested documentation or risk denial and forfeit of the fee.

Thanks for mentioning the hotel booking requirement got over looked in your case. Just emails worked for you. Good, that  seems reasonable. I'm not taking any chances though so I booked all 60 days with free cancellation. I of course will cancel after they issue my 60 day STV. The bank statement is a new twist. They apparently need to see at least $700 USD in the bank? Funny but I'll give em one of my bank statements. TIT and I'll roll with it and get in and get my Non O retirement visa and extensions during the 60 or 90 days with extension.

Thanks again for replying and enjoy your trip.

4 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

<snip>

Interesting that you concatenated the two one ways into one PDF.  What did you use to do that? Seems smart just to make sure they see both tickets.

I was just going to put the return trip confirmation in the number 4 item marked: Travel booking confirmation. Since I'm using the USA forms I wonder if you saw that item also?

<snip>

I used Snipping Tool in Windows 10 to get a jpeg of each ticket.

Pasted the jpegs into a Word doc. which I called "Tickets shown together" Then File > Save as  - chose PDF (Office 2016)

That served as sufficient for Item 4 "Travel booking confirmation"

I'm not sure if there are "USA forms" - as it's an online application, I would have thought it was the same same world-wide???

Thanks for the good wishes - good luck and same to you ????

On 1/11/2023 at 11:30 PM, VBF said:

I used Snipping Tool in Windows 10 to get a jpeg of each ticket.

Pasted the jpegs into a Word doc. which I called "Tickets shown together" Then File > Save as  - chose PDF (Office 2016)

That served as sufficient for Item 4 "Travel booking confirmation"

I'm not sure if there are "USA forms" - as it's an online application, I would have thought it was the same same world-wide???

Thanks for the good wishes - good luck and same to you ????

Thanks again for your suggestions and experience. I just got my eVisa in One day!

Your idea of concatenating the two one way confirmations worked well. I used Linux and I used a command line tool I didn't even know existed until you had mentioned your idea of making one doc with both tickets.

Regarding the forms being different depending on nations.. I think there may be some differences. You mentioned something I didn't see on my form.. I think it's because each individual consulate is responsible for evaluating the applications. In the USA I believe there are 5 major regional Thai consulates. Since I'm on the west coast I chose Los Angeles. And the letter head of the visa shows it's origin is Los Angeles Consulate.

I'm very pleased at how smoothly it all went. I just supplied them with everything they asked, save one word doc I submitted with big font "NOT APPLICABLE" and all went well.

Now no fussing about at Immigration to extend a visa on arrival!

cheers VBF. Safe travels -- likerdup1

7 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

Thanks again for your suggestions and experience. I just got my eVisa in One day!

Your idea of concatenating the two one way confirmations worked well. I used Linux and I used a command line tool I didn't even know existed until you had mentioned your idea of making one doc with both tickets.

Regarding the forms being different depending on nations.. I think there may be some differences. You mentioned something I didn't see on my form.. I think it's because each individual consulate is responsible for evaluating the applications. In the USA I believe there are 5 major regional Thai consulates. Since I'm on the west coast I chose Los Angeles. And the letter head of the visa shows it's origin is Los Angeles Consulate.

I'm very pleased at how smoothly it all went. I just supplied them with everything they asked, save one word doc I submitted with big font "NOT APPLICABLE" and all went well.

Now no fussing about at Immigration to extend a visa on arrival!

cheers VBF. Safe travels -- likerdup1

Good stuff - you too mate! ????????

In passing, the system does direct you to the appropriate Embassy / Consulate when you tell it your location - in my case the London Embassy.

I gave up on this E visa last August, and entered Thailand on a 56 day visa exempt, flying Thai from LHR. Not questioned about onward or return ticket, I flew on one-way ticket.

In Country, I went to my local I/O and showed them the 56 day entry visa, aske to convert to Non O visa so as to get Retirement extension, which I had previously used.

No problems, I/O took all my details and gave me appointment to return to apply for Non 0.  I had to get all bank details as if applying for Retirement Extension. 

When all details submitted, I was told to come back within 30dys of 5 day entry expiring.  Did so; another appointment with I/O aand with no more hassle, i was given 365 day Retirement extension.  Charged 18,000 Baht "for services"  this was 8000 for extension and 10,000 to fill in all the forms for me.

I was happy to pay this to get the RTE.  Fr less effort than required fro Non O on line application.