Trump launches fresh round of attacks on Georgia election worker Ruby Freeman: 'Now it gets really bad'

Scott

Donald J. Trump speaks to guests at a rally in Greenwood, Neb. on May 1, 2022.

Ruby Freeman told the House select committee that Trump's false claims had unleashed a barrage of death threats that forced her to move and made her afraid to give her name, but the former president renewed those debunked allegations just days after a special grand jury in Fulton County wrapped up a criminal probe of his post-election conduct there.

"Wow! Has anyone seen the Ruby Freeman 'contradictions' of her sworn testimony? Now this is 'BIG STUFF,'" Trump posted on his Truth Social website. "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-launches-fresh-round-of-attacks-on-georgia-election-worker-ruby-freeman-now-it-gets-really-bad/ar-AA15V9ap

File:Raw Story logo.png

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Hopefully we will know their findings soon trumps continuing attacks on the ruby family are beyond despicable I hope she sues the(censored) out of that excuse of a human being and wins bigly!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 9:55 PM, heybruce said:

I don't know who is more pathetic:  Trump for repeating the debunked election fraud claims, or the Trumpsters who believe him.

Trumpsters, obviously. At least Trump knows It's a lie.

• Like 2

His sleazy outburst against Ms. Freeman might be because Mr. Trump has Georgia on his mind now. He's clearly worried that he is heading towards NOT being a "free man" himself.

Donald Trump Indictment Threat Grows Closer (newsweek.com)

Former President Donald Trump may be teetering closer to a possible indictment now that the special grand jury in Fulton County, Georgia, has wrapped up its probe and delivered the final report.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Every delay is a triumph for team 45.  Second anniversary of that phone call has past.  The man with the orange face is ahead so far.

So what now?  Two weeks until the hearings.  The length of time for the hearings.  Sundry adjournments on the horizon.  Mid-year is when the primary battles begin, maybe they can get a stall until after Election Day 2024, so that pushes it to 2025.  Georgia might be improving from the corrupt, racist cesspit it has been since the Civil War, but it still has a way to go.

I'm still curious how this perpetual delay business is supposed to play out in the end: if the accused dies before the conviction is that the same as winning?

For the life of me, I could not see
But I heard a brand new joke
Two men were standing upon a bridge
One jumped and screamed 'you lose'

-- John Prine, "The Late John Garfield Blues"