Where to find a girl friend in Thailand?

Hummin

Where to meet a girl friend?   

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You are most likely wrong about one thing, and she might not see her home as deleted as you do. Respect where she comes from, and respect she doesnt know everything.

Nothing hurt a thai lady more than talking bad about thai people, and thailand, even they seems to agree with you. 

Same as anyone coming to your home country and start bashing it, even you would agree on some of it, it still doesnt feel good when someone from outside points it out. 

I have considered this. She seems fine with the current government as do most Thais. We disagree on this.   I can live life in the village to the surprise and celebration of many.  My wife lived in BKK 20 years so she had realized many of the unsanitary practices and dangerous meal choices before I came along.  Now she has seen and been amazed at how cars stop for pedestrians, clean smooth sidewalks, not very much litter, I have worked hard to teach her proper food temp control which maybe an overkill as I've seen them leave food out for 2 days and eat it and not get sick.  I once returned to a south American sheep herders wagon to eat some fish I brought but instead we ate the remains of the lamb we cooked the night before that had just been stored in the saddle box for 20 hours.  Or seeing him eat unrefrigerated chicken stored in the same place for 3-4 days.  He did a smell test but I didn't partake.   

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

My 59 year old white American wife is constantly chatted up by western men, often with Thai partners at their side.

They don't want to have sex with her -they'd rather die.

They want to talk an educated female about something beyond "Somtum is good". She's 100% in on the joke that she's the ham sandwich that got brought to the Thailand picnic. She's non-judgmental and fascinated by the GF dynamic over here.

I'm thinking of setting her up with an Only Fans account. No nudity, but she will talk to saddo's trapped in Issan about Trump, Brexit, and old movies and music. Call it 50 baht a minute for her time.

Thats true, and I also enjoy talking to western women in Thailand when I have the chance, and I have to admit I miss conversation with independent educated women alot who have creativity and have learned to think for themselves. And also who read books, look movies, and also listening to music and can talk about it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I have considered this. She seems fine with the current government as do most Thais. We disagree on this.   I can live life in the village to the surprise and celebration of many.  My wife lived in BKK 20 years so she had realized many of the unsanitary practices and dangerous meal choices before I came along.  Now she has seen and been amazed at how cars stop for pedestrians, clean smooth sidewalks, not very much litter, I have worked hard to teach her proper food temp control which maybe an overkill as I've seen them leave food out for 2 days and eat it and not get sick.  I once returned to a south American sheep herders wagon to eat some fish I brought but instead we ate the remains of the lamb we cooked the night before that had just been stored in the saddle box for 20 hours.  Or seeing him eat unrefrigerated chicken stored in the same place for 3-4 days.  He did a smell test but I didn't partake.   

We have all been there, and yea the sanitary conditions and food storing is of concern, and need to be adressed. 

And she was in the music biz. She was one of the first to book a RadioHead show in the states. And she can talk about stuff like that in a witty, informative, low-ego manner. And she loves a good chat.

I can see them thinking, as they ignore their local GF in an Italian restaurant:

"If I could somehow unscrew that head and stick it on a petite Thai body....."

Edited by LaosLover
  • Thumbs Up 1

This eating of raw fish, shrimp, beef and liver is causing a high rate of liver cancer in Thailand.   I would eat properly made ceviche but  it's not available here.  Trying to get sister to understand cutting the veggies or cooked meat on the same log slice that the raw meat was cut on 20 mins ago has not been successful.  This log slices are so gross, never washed if it would even help with all the deep chop marks and after the flies covered it all the previous day.     I've never talked to falang woman here.  I enjoy sitting at a patio in soi Cowboy or nana at happy hour and watching the tourist families with small kids and couples walk by. I enjoy seeing the girls coming to work. Some dropped off by Thai partners on the scooter. Others arriving in clothes that you would never expect her to work at bars. Some Arive in wiork uniforms or close. Many time the look on the falang  guys face when he saw me sitting with my Thai gf half his wife's weight was flattering.  She puts up with this Ike a good woman should, except the smoke bothers her to much. 

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, habuspasha said:

In case you really mean this as positive, I should say that I have been with my wife for over 40 years so there is no way I would leave her or put her in a home.  The GF is just very different.  I love them both, in different ways.  The GF was born after I met my wife.

Yes, I certainly mean this as positive.

Like you said, in theory you could have left your wife in bad times. You didn't and you cared about her. Good.

And at the same time you obviously realized that your life is not only about taking care of your wife but also about your life and wellbeing. I am sure those holidays gave you strength.

I am pretty sure lots of people, I guess especially in America, would condemn what you did because that is not what good guys do - according to the bible.

Some of us realized that loving a wife and playing with a girlfriend are completely different. The only problem is that most wives are not ready to understand this concept, so we better don't tell them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

My 59 year old white American wife is constantly chatted up by western men, often with Thai partners at their side.

They don't want to have sex with her -they'd rather die.

They want to talk an educated female about something beyond "Somtum is good". She's 100% in on the joke that she's the ham sandwich that got brought to the Thailand picnic. She's non-judgmental and fascinated by the GF dynamic over here.

I'm thinking of setting her up with an Only Fans account. No nudity, but she will talk to saddo's trapped in Issan about Trump, Brexit, and old movies and music. Call it 50 baht a minute for her time.

I like the idea of an Only Fans account for the saddos with a 20 something GF with the brain and language skills of a fruit fly.

My wife has often laughed about this.

Now Mrs G ain't no spring chicken, she's in her 50's, but raised and educated in Chicago as a teenager, before she moved back to Asia.

She acts and sounds like a Midwest gal.

I've seen guys eyes light up when we've met them and suddenly they realize they can actually have an adult conversation with her, as opposed to the scantily clad maiden of Isaan they are sat with!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

I've seen guys eyes light up when we've met them and suddenly they realize they can actually have an adult conversation with her, as opposed to the scantily clad maiden of Isaan they are sat with!

This board would a useful antidote to people stuck in the mono-image of a fat German (why always German? Why always fat?) with an abused and innocent waif abducted from a rice paddy. 

But people have a vested interest in projecting their OWN relationship dysfunctions on to conveniently made up stereotypes.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Sorry I must beban  oddball as I have zero to -1000 interest in talking about Brexit or trump with any woman. 

I can assure you, for most men coming to asia, beer and food is enough, and hopefully 0-3 times a week or month.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Sorry I must be an  oddball as I have zero to -1000 interest in talking about Brexit or trump with any woman. 

You sound very emotionally balanced. What are you doing here?

Me neither, by the way. But then again, I have it on tap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Sorry I must be an  oddball as I have zero to -1000 interest in talking about Brexit or trump with any woman. 

So what do you talk about?

So we're talking about GF's/Partners, not bar girl hookups. How often can you talk about sex?

Food? Well the most educated Thai can talk endlessly about that, as well as posting endless pictures of food. I work with a young Filipino guy who asked me if my wife posted pictures of food? I told him, don't be dumb, you're asian you already know the answer to that!

If you're a similar age, you probably talk about the same TV shows, movies, music.

Yeah politics can figure, me and Mrs G can have some serious disagreements there, but we kiss and make up.

So yeah, I like having a woman my equal who can give as good as she gets, with a bunch in common

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems some people here behave like their gf is the only person they interact with. Really?

I am happy to have intelligent conversations about technology, politics and other subject with people.

But I am also happy not to have those conversations with my Thai girlfriend. In fact I don't want to talk with her about politics and other subjects.

There are so many people out there. We don't have to do everything with just one person.

What you cant have, is often what you miss most, and thats why people of both gender searches for substitutes. You often mention you like to go to bars and chat up young ladies? Right?