Video: Bentley driver "appeared drunk" after early morning expressway smash in Bangkok - four injured

webfact

1 hour ago, traveller101 said:

Please give me just 1 halfway reasonable explanation, why something as straightforward as a blood-alcohol test takes 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 days for results to be known.

I underwent the very same test in Australia at 3am with the results coming back at 5:30am the same day.

For f#@s sake get real just once for a change and take your rose-coloured glasses off.

Because you have to wait a few days to administer it to get the most accurate result.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Damn Bently, not made like they used to be. DUI...shoot him.

No, no, no.

As I understand it, under the new rules DUI only loses four points off your licence so you have to get caught three times before there is any loss of licence.

I stand to be corrected if I have got this wrong.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Of course I have but on Thaivisa most posters who use the term are not using it as a figure of speech, they irritatingly use it as a factual statement and, so far, with this case, most have been wrong with their "we all know" suggestions. 

Edited by Wiggy

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

As long as the results are known what does it matter if they take a couple of days?  He was tested, that is what is important.   He was arrested, that is what is important. He has been charged with initial offences, that is what is important. 

How quickly a blood/alcohol test was done in Australia is completely irrelevant for. to quote you, f#@s sake.

As we now know - unsurprisingly I might add - he was tested 4 1/2 hours later. Enough time to eliminate 0.06 alcohol from his body. If he was twice over the limit at the time of the accident, he BAC would be well below the legal limit by the time the test was taken. That's what is important.

He was not arrested and apparently left the scene in a taxi. That's what is important.

Since testing of BAC via a blood sample is a standardized process across the globe, the time it took to establish the result in one country should not differ by days in another.

As a matter of fact, the result now should be available 'this morning'  and not in 3 to 7 days according to the RTP.

Screenshot_20230110_142959_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He'll buy his way out of trouble... usual outcome for the privileged.

Behind the wheel was a man on the board of seven companies and believed to be a key contributor to a political party.

He will walk from this 100% it will cost him some money am sure he will have his attorneys will cut him a deal.

Prisons are for the poor

Edited by tomyami
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1