Thailand’s tourism sector keen to welcome Chinese tourists back

snoop1130

400EBA2C-4D96-463A-BBCA-E35875BAEC93.png

Thai tourism businesses in Chiang Mai and Phuket are keen to welcome the return of Chinese visitors, after about three years of absence due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Chinese Government lockdowns.

Worapote Chatkanchana, president of the Chiang Mai Sky Travel Company, told Thai PBS that, during the 3-year pandemic, the company survived by selling off more than 20 of its 70 buses.

The first flight carrying Chinese tourists from Xiamen arrived at Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok at around noon today (Monday).

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-tourism-sector-keen-to-welcome-chinese-tourists-back/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-01-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Spock said:

Given that 50% of Chinese passengers in Italy had covid and the number of major countries that have since required Chinese to test 2 days prior to boarding a plane, Thailand can expect hoards of tourists to step off the planes and start infecting the local population. Probably the one thing in favour for the Thais is that the spread will be limited by the Chinese tour groups not mingling much with the local population. 

The majority of the Chinese visiting Thailand were not in tour groups in 2019.

• Like 1

Welcome back , enjoy your stay , spend loads of money , do try the lovely natural herbs now on sale lining soi 11 , magical powers much better than rhino horn or bear bile or bat soup , take some home too .

Please be aware of changes in rules and laws every few hours though, wouldn't want you to get stuck here too long.

Xie xie ni .

7 hours ago, Deli said:

I know quite a lot of people working in Tourism who do NOT want the Chinese back.

The are just killing the business / tourism from all other countries, as basically none wants to mingle with them, even with covid risk.

Chinese Companies, Want Chinese , they are the only ones making money  

11 hours ago, Spock said:

Given that 50% of Chinese passengers in Italy had covid and the number of major countries that have since required Chinese to test 2 days prior to boarding a plane, Thailand can expect hoards of tourists to step off the planes and start infecting the local population. Probably the one thing in favour for the Thais is that the spread will be limited by the Chinese tour groups not mingling much with the local population. 

Sadly, it didn't work out that way last time, look how they seeded the world with this virus. Once out, it was out.

That's good!  I hope they are happy.  

I vacationed in Bali this year.  Thailands rules are ridiculous, lack understanding or meaning, and I won't risk .01c travelling there till they calm down.  

My opinion?  I think many think similarly to me.  Many don't too.  It's all good, whatever they want.  

Let the weirdness continue!

23 hours ago, Gknrd said:

What a total disaster. Hard to believe a couple of years ago countries with infection rates like in China were almost impossible to get into Thailand. Now, come on in.

You got that right! Will other countries stop coming here as well?

• Thumbs Up 1