Thai public health minister CANCELS Covid vaccine rules

webfact

3 hours ago, smedly said:

from reading the various articles it seems to indicate that tourists from China India (and some others) will require at least a test

No test to get in. Chinese and Indians will require a test to leave, hence the insurance requirement for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph98765 said:

I'm from Spain (one of those countries that require a PCR test to Chinese travelers), but not to Thai travelers... only Chinese.

So why they have to require us an insurance if Thailand is not affected from our Policy to Chinese ONLY??

So if I'm working here with S. Security I'm exempt?? Showing my Social Security card or work Permit at the Airport would be fine?

You don't need insurance - only those that could be potentially be denied boarding on return to their home country need it e.g. Indians and Chinese require a negative covid test before flying.

If the requirements change again, then yes, your Thai Social Security will cover it for you.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, smedly said:

so does anyone know what the rules are right now ?

from reading the various articles it seems to indicate that tourists from China India (and some others) will require at least a test

In any developed country were proper democracy exists - a senior government head who displayed this level of incompetence would have resigned or been fired a long time ago

Not to mention his racism 

I flew from London on the 8th to Bangkok, landing yesterday. In the UK, there was a piece of paper at check-in mentioning the vaccine checks and the lady asked if we were vaccinated. We were. That was it. Nothing in Bangkok was different at all. Even customs was pretty pleasant. 

I guess they didn't even have time to set up a vaccine certificate desk!

3 hours ago, nickmondo said:

take no notice of this idiot.  typical msm.

the majority of people in Thailand also have, or have had covid.

the chinese will come here with Omicron........so what?

fed up with watching this rubbish

Some people you just can't educate!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Salerno said:

No test to get in. Chinese and Indians will require a test to leave, hence the insurance requirement for them.

What percentage will turn positive when they leave, as they may have been or turned positive when they arrive. If they are positive on arrival, and stay a week ore more, they may be negative when they leave (but the damage is already done). New arrivals from large cities are likley to be currently infected - millions in these cities are currently infected, and these are the cities that Thailand is targeting for tourism. 

45 minutes ago, BostonJoe said:

I guess I'll be getting covid again 

You could get it again regardless of visitors. There are literally hundreds of variants. It appears the xbb (probably others too) evades the immunity given by infection with past variants. You should not be concerned if you are not in a high risk group. 

These dumb mfs.

But I give credit for not dropping face and continued with stupid excuses. 

I wonder how much damage this have impacted the reputation of a struggling tourism industry that has the potential to add billions to the country’s revenue pool. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, nickmondo said:

got to be honest.  the only things keeping me living here now is that I love my gf and want to be with her, and secondly, as I have a slight heart problem, the medical system here is 100 times better than the UK

No other advantage?  Weather, food, money spending, people smiling, to name just few? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This latest U-turn is simply another example of Thais being totally unable to think beyond Step 1. It's deeply ingrained into their DNA, be it the suicidal way they drive, for example not understanding that overtaking on a blind bend could result in death and injury; shooting someone dead because they looked at you the wrong way, or as recently, you honked at them; or government banning at short notice all travellers without a vaccination certificate. They simply don't understand the consequences of their actions, in anything at all. It's really quite extraordinary and suggests the mental age of children. And that is quite frightening.

The majority of Thais, certainly the ones I know personally, are not as you describe.

The person or persons that made this decision are not the ordinary Thai people but are in a position that they obtained by fair means or foul, and have absolutely no idea what they are doing or why.

Unfortunately removing them forever will be like pushing a snowball up a mountain with your nose.

It can be done bit it will take a long time and it will be very painful. 

5 hours ago, seajae said:

its been revealed that over  88 million chinese have covid in just one province

Factually what it states is

"Nearly 90% of people in Henan, China's third most populous province, have now been infected with Covid"

Which could also be said for many provinces in Thailand whose population have been infected & recovered for the most part

Have now been infected does not mean currently carrying instead it more likely means now having natural immunity/resistance to further infections having had & recovered from it

Edited by mania

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

You don't need insurance - only those that could be potentially be denied boarding on return to their home country need it e.g. Indians and Chinese require a negative covid test before flying.

If the requirements change again, then yes, your Thai Social Security will cover it for you.

Thanks! ????

• Like 1