Thai public health minister CANCELS Covid vaccine rules

webfact

9 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Yeah, you can tell where Thailand is headed. As much as I love it here it is not for westerners.  Luckily there are other places just as good or better to be enjoyed.. Problem for me is now I will have to learn a new language... uggggggg.

Anyone living here quickly learns the language of ‘stupidity'. They’re immersed in it daily ! ???? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This latest U-turn is simply another example of Thais being totally unable to think beyond Step 1. It's deeply ingrained into their DNA, be it the suicidal way they drive, for example not understanding that overtaking on a blind bend could result in death and injury; shooting someone dead because they looked at you the wrong way, or as recently, you honked at them; or government banning at short notice all travellers without a vaccination certificate. They simply don't understand the consequences of their actions, in anything at all. It's really quite extraordinary and suggests the mental age of children. And that is quite frightening.

We call it the "thick Gene " … ????‍♂️ 

• Haha 2

Thailand is being governed by some old military leaders and inept political hacks who stick a finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing at the moment, then reverse direction at the slightest change. 
most governments are dysfunctional to some degree, but Thailand is the “hub” of governmental dysfunction.

• Thumbs Up 1

As posted earlier due to the damage Anutin has done in 48 hrs he should be dismissed immediatly.  He lost Millions in cancelled bookings within 48 hours, he won't even have the decency to apologise to all the westerners he has let down who have lost there holiday.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

I read in the bkk post yesterday morning that Senior hotel presidents and mgrs in Patong Phuket demanded all restrictions be dropped immediately as already thousands had already canceled and hotels were empty because of this clown the damage the TAT will do will send us back into 2020 with staff lay offs and empty hotels. Anutin has already lost millions in 1 day due to his stupid ruling he must be replaced immediately before furher damage to the tourism sector.

Yes, his only qualifications are in some sort of engineering, so back to the unelected soldiers. Oh! Wait, their education was at a Military Academy. what do we do now?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SiamAndy said:

Sigh, another year of flip flop decisions by the Thai government. T.I.T. ????

Is there really anything to worry about? Any Chinese arriving here with the virus should not have much more than an ordinary flu.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, smedly said:

so does anyone know what the rules are right now ?

from reading the various articles it seems to indicate that tourists from China India (and some others) will require at least a test

In any developed country were proper democracy exists - a senior government head who displayed this level of incompetence would have resigned or been fired a long time ago

How can anyone fire anyone who has not been elected?

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Panel of experts is stretching it a bit...

If there was an expert in the room it would have never got off the ground in the first place...

bunch of idiots making it up as they go along.

Indeed. 

Reflective of the first 2.5 years of the COVID era. 

Concocted idiocy from the experts.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Salerno said:

It's only a requirement for a very small minority - do you require a negative covid test to fly back to your home country? If no, you don't need insurance (at this time that is of course, who knows if required in a couple of hours 555).

I'm flying into Thailand in a couple of weeks, I've read that they are asking for Covid insurance again... i'm fully vaccinated (in fact i had my 4th shot a couple of weeks)

2 minutes ago, tezzaaa said:

I'm flying into Thailand in a couple of weeks, I've read that they are asking for Covid insurance again... i'm fully vaccinated (in fact i had my 4th shot a couple of weeks)

Where from and for how long? Their rationale (I felt dirty typing that!) for insurance is that if you are from a country that needs a negative test prior to boarding the return flight you need insurance in case you get denied boarding (has to cover you for 7 days after scheduled flight), but just for fun they also want it for the time in Thailand.

On the other hand, if you're not from say China or India, feel free to come without a requirement for insurance. Where's the logic? Who knows ????‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Where from and for how long? Their rationale (I felt dirty typing that!) for insurance is that if you are from a country that needs a negative test prior to boarding the return flight you need insurance in case you get denied boarding (has to cover you for 7 days after scheduled flight), but just for fun they also want it for the time in Thailand.

On the other hand, if you're not from say China or India, feel free to come without a requirement for insurance. Where's the logic? Who knows ????‍♂️

I'm coming from Switzerland but i've read that they don't want to discriminate vs our Chinese friends so try to treat everyone the same -hence the requirements for vaccination ; but i've also read about people being asked to provide insurance proof as well..

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

As posted earlier due to the damage Anutin has done in 48 hrs he should be dismissed immediatly.  He lost Millions in cancelled bookings within 48 hours, he won't even have the decency to apologise to all the westerners he has let down who have lost there holiday.

Concur.

Anutin's thinking - all those foreigners that had ruined holidays, the influx of Chinese tourists will make up for it.

14 minutes ago, tezzaaa said:

I'm coming from Switzerland but i've read that they don't want to discriminate vs our Chinese friends so try to treat everyone the same -hence the requirements for vaccination ; but i've also read about people being asked to provide insurance proof as well..

There is no vaccination requirement, there is no test requirement, there is no insurance requirement other than for citizens from the extreme minority of countries that require a negative test to get back into.

https://www.tatnews.org/2023/01/thailand-maintains-fully-reopen-entry-rules/    (<--- that should be "returns to" not "maintains" in my opinion, but we'll cut them some slack to save face!)

As it stands, being from Switzerland you are good to go. This can always change (as illustrated by the latest fiasco), as can the Swiz requirement for entry.

Edited by Salerno
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tubulat said:

A Thai and thinking, what do you mean?

I would not paint all Thais as lacking intelligence. I know some who are quite smart. However, the government here consistently seems to end up with real, true, bottom of the barrel types. Lacking brains, vision, empathy, the ability to plan, or think themselves out of a problem. And the army is the worst. There is nothing in the way of a meritocracy here. It is all about wealth and cronies. That diminishes Thailand, significantly. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tezzaaa said:

Hi,

Can someone please recommend a cheap insurance for Covid as this is apparently a requirement when arriving?

Many thanks

I can't be sure as things change by the minute but this may no longer be required. 

15 hours ago, sambum said:

What a surprise - Anutin changing his mind about something!

The guy's for turning that's for sure! Unlike this well known UK politician (Mind I didn't have much time for her either!) image.jpeg.2752b73b16016d8721b55171db85eac8.jpeg

Not speaking about the other well known ones... (no space here for the pictures of the many...)