Thai public health minister CANCELS Covid vaccine rules

webfact

6 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

#CaptainU-turn.

It's all about the money.

Ignoring the health of 66 million people.

Yeah, you can tell where Thailand is headed. As much as I love it here it is not for westerners.  Luckily there are other places just as good or better to be enjoyed.. Problem for me is now I will have to learn a new language... uggggggg.

Edited by Gknrd

32 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

How on earth can you treat all the same when the Chinese are openly stating that the COVID figures are increasing, Thai people don't need any restrictions etc. the only sensible approach would be to test the Chinese and safeguard the population of Thailand and to hell with treading on a couple of the masters toes .................

Yeah agree, everyone knows what is going on. 

32 minutes ago, Elkski said:

We all expected a flop or was this the flip before the flop.  I can't imagine Chinese people  in Thailand will be getting a warm welcome anywhere from Thais or any nationality. 

If people needed any proof the top leaders are conferring to china for decisions this is it. 

I hope those in Thailand won't mistake Japanese/Korean/Taiwanese and other Asian tourists in TL for Chinese tourists.

2 hours ago, VinnieK said:

I suspect cancellations must have been thru the roof.

I see no other reason for the U-turn.

I hope Anutin will be personally compensating finacially all those who came out the other end of this losing money, this ### has shown yet again he is not fit for office - the only thing he is good at is failure on multiple levels, who voted for him ??? 

• Like 2

Thailand causes global confusion after reinstating then dropping vaccination requirements

Travellers, airlines and tour operators had a rollercoaster few days after Thailand reinstated its Covid-19 vaccination entry requirement, only to drop it again just hours later.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/thailand-causes-global-confusion-after-reinstating-then-dropping-vaccination-requirements/DTBTXL6SRVHWBFTHVL2ARSPWIY/

Edited by anchadian
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gknrd said:

Yeah, you can tell where Thailand is headed. As much as I love it here it is not for westerners.  Luckily there are other places just as good or better to be enjoyed.. Problem for me is now I will have to learn a new language... uggggggg.

Unfortunately, you'll find them there as well.

so does anyone know what the rules are right now ?

from reading the various articles it seems to indicate that tourists from China India (and some others) will require at least a test

In any developed country were proper democracy exists - a senior government head who displayed this level of incompetence would have resigned or been fired a long time ago

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Did they not consider the ramifications of these new rule changes, before putting them out there? Did they think, that since Thailand is the COKU (center of the known universe), the rules would simply be accepted, the tourists would not push back, no confusion would occur, and all would be grand? 

Or did they not think? Was this just a knee jerk reaction? One they now regret? 

I wonder if the Thai people are finally starting to comprehend the stupendous lack of capable leadership here? 

A Thai and thinking, what do you mean?