Certificate of Residence - Jomtien Immigration

bbi1

21 hours ago, Klonko said:

No problem to get a 5 year license with Elite visa.

The Elite visa is a tourist visa it is not a NON-IMMIGRANT VISA.

As such if a DLT official is following the DLT rules you can only qualify for a 2 year temporary license.

2D45C3FF-8F23-4A24-A1AF-37028E6EDD95.jpeg.4ba180b0c84edde184907932a193df58.jpeg

However This Is Thailand and as such many, if not all, rules are subject to variations. Often variations are subject to influence by status of the applicant, qualities of pretty pieces of paper, the mood of the official/boss.

But such influences maybe subsequently cancelled to the detriment of the influencee. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

• 2 weeks later...

No matter what, you don't have time.  I went to Land Transport on Thursday, 1-12, and got my appointment.  The soonest date on the "falang" side of signup tent was for April 3rd.  Doesn't sound worth even attempting it, to me. 

1 minute ago, Joebuzzz said:

No matter what, you don't have time.  I went to Land Transport on Thursday, 1-12, and got my appointment.  The soonest date on the "falang" side of signup tent was for April 3rd.  Doesn't sound worth even attempting it, to me. 

Probably appointments reserved for the agent people, 4k to speed things up and hand holding

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Probably appointments reserved for the agent people, 4k to speed things up and hand holding

Not sure what you mean about reserved appointment.  Their sign now says "only 100 applications per day" .  That's 75 before lunch and 25 after.  The lady said this problem is only at Pattaya for the long wait.  She said for faster service go to Rayong or Bangkok.  I had a previous appointment I missed because I moved and would've had to do a resident letter, change of address, etc.  So I skipped it.  It was a month wait for a November 7th appointment.  Now, almost 3 months unless I want to go to another location.  I have my IDL so it's no biggie for me to wait.  But on a visa on arrival w/30 extension and no plan to apply for Non-Imm Visa, I wouldn't bother.

30 minutes ago, Joebuzzz said:

Not sure what you mean about reserved appointment.  Their sign now says "only 100 applications per day" .  That's 75 before lunch and 25 after.  The lady said this problem is only at Pattaya for the long wait.  She said for faster service go to Rayong or Bangkok.  I had a previous appointment I missed because I moved and would've had to do a resident letter, change of address, etc.  So I skipped it.  It was a month wait for a November 7th appointment.  Now, almost 3 months unless I want to go to another location.  I have my IDL so it's no biggie for me to wait.  But on a visa on arrival w/30 extension and no plan to apply for Non-Imm Visa, I wouldn't bother.

Agents are allocated quicker appointments otherwise no one would use them, if you need the licence quicker use one

A troll post has been removed also:

Some laughing emoticons being used as derogatory comments have been removed.

This is trolling, the forum is not a cartoon forum, nor is it twitter or Line, if you disagree with a post then either move on or discuss.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/10/2023 at 2:51 PM, scubascuba3 said:

That looks correct, i went there last week for a RC, go early to make it marginally less painful.

Don't forget a mask and no singlet 

They do NOT enforce wearing masks.. Last week,  only a handful of the staff were wearing a mask. 

21 hours ago, murraynz said:

They do NOT enforce wearing masks.. Last week,  only a handful of the staff were wearing a mask. 

If they are still issuing residence certificates. whether they are wearing masks or monkey suits has nothing to do with the question in the OP!