I tried to get a new MPass token. Was told that its been replaced by M Flow.

ubonr1971

I was in KTB bank trying to get a new Mpass token as my existing one is giving me issues. 

She said that its best to register with Mflow on the website. 

Any issues with this. Is it the same as Mpass. Just credit funds and drive through the toll?

thanks

19 hours ago, digbeth said:

only problem is that m pass don't work on the higway 7 yet, plus all the Bangkok expressways only a few is set to have M-Pass installed

Im confused by your comment. Ive been using Mpass on route 7 for yrs and around bangkok. Do you mean Mflow is not available on the above???

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

you mean MFlow not MPass

yes, sorry swapped the two, m pass works on easy pass gates,

if you only sign up for m flow, you can't use the expressways easy pass

m flow (the barrier less ones) are only in used on the hwy 9 at the moment, 

hwy 7 is probably next

some expressway toll gates looks to have m flow installed but who knows when that'll be ready

as it currently is m flow is not replacement for m-pass tag, you need easy pass too

22 hours ago, digbeth said:

yes, sorry swapped the two, m pass works on easy pass gates,

if you only sign up for m flow, you can't use the expressways easy pass

m flow (the barrier less ones) are only in used on the hwy 9 at the moment, 

hwy 7 is probably next

some expressway toll gates looks to have m flow installed but who knows when that'll be ready

as it currently is m flow is not replacement for m-pass tag, you need easy pass too

Thanks for letting me know about this. The amazing staff at the local KTB branch evidently have no idea. They said its a replacement. I would have been <deleted> driving into Mpass thinking its good to go and then having to reverse annoying the <deleted> out of everyone behind!

21 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

Thanks for letting me know about this. The amazing staff at the local KTB branch evidently have no idea. They said its a replacement. I would have been <deleted> driving into Mpass thinking its good to go and then having to reverse annoying the <deleted> out of everyone behind!

Yes, they are definitely wrong. But it can be confusing.

M-Pass and Easy Pass are interchangeable and both of them work on all expressways. You need the tag in your windscreen and you top up your balance as and when you need. No credit = no go, and it is really annoying when the car in front has no credit and everyone needs to reverse.

M-Flow you register online, there is no need for a tag. Currently only in use on four sections of route 9 (Kanchanapisek Ring Road) and nowhere else. You can set up monthly billing by credit card, debit card, or direct debit, or you can have one time billing the same way (so it charges you after every use). There are no toll booths, you just drive at normal speed and the technology recognises your car and charges you.

Long story short, M-Flow is great but very limited, go get yourself a new M-Pass token. The stated aim is to have M-Flow on all expressways some time in 2024 and from then there will be no more toll booths in Thailand. But seeing as they haven't even started constructing them (at least I haven't seen any) I definitely wouldn't expect it sooner than 2024.

48 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

M-Flow needs a tag.

No, it doesn't, there is no tag at all - that's the whole point of it as it allows you to pass through the detection zones without slowing down.

You just register online. I know because I have done it for two cars and used it many times. No tag. The system recognises your number plate and cross checks it with the make and model of car and the pictures you uploaded as part of the registration.

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No, it doesn't. One of its most salient features, is that it is a "tagless" system.

Like the previous poster, I have already used it and there is no tag involved.

I've only had Mflow and have a small grey tag on dashboard.

If no tag, pls explain how it works?

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

I think you're thinking of M-Pass. As per my earlier post explaining the differences between them that is something completely different and does need a Tag.

Firs of all you have to upload your ID, car registration details and four pictures of your car (front, back, two sides) and fill in your preferred payment details. A few hours later you get an email / sms saying you are approved.

It uses cameras and sensors mounted over the road where there would normally be toll gates. You just keep driving at normal speed, you don't pass through a gate. The cameras can read your license plate and the AI then cross checks the plate against the picture of your car to make sure they match, and the toll is deducted from your credit card (or debit card).

In your online account you can see all your usage, you can see the pictures the cameras took of your car and close up of plates. Very slick.

You can see the detection gantry here:  

Screen Shot 2566-01-13 at 14.43.45.png

Screen Shot 2566-01-13 at 14.44.09.png

Screen Shot 2566-01-13 at 14.43.29.png

On 1/13/2023 at 2:35 PM, PJ71 said:

cameras and computer magic

other countries had barrier less tag-less toll for at least 2 decades now

11 minutes ago, digbeth said:

cameras and computer magic

other countries had barrier less tag-less toll for at least 2 decades now

But i have a small grey tag mounted on dashboard, and yes, it's for Mflow and not Mpass and the other one.

Pls explain?

40 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

But i have a small grey tag mounted on dashboard, and yes, it's for Mflow and not Mpass and the other one.

Pls explain?

did you also have an accompanying smart card/debit card looking thing with the same logo? for you to top up the account with? 

• 2 weeks later...

My M-Pass stopped working about 4 months ago. I went to the Bank branch, they said they does not provide m-pass devices anymore.

I went on Chachoengsao service area for replacement, I've been told device it's not available for replacement.

I then called the 1586 number and they confirmed me that m-pass is not available for new issues or replacements at all anywhere in Thailand. There is no way to get it.

Anyone has some info about it? I still have some money topped up inside and I would like to understand if there is any chance to have a replacement or not.

I am already m-flow registered, but it's not working on motorway number 7

Edited by manolothai

5 hours ago, manolothai said:

My M-Pass stopped working about 4 months ago. I went to the Bank branch, they said they does not provide m-pass devices anymore.

I went on Chachoengsao service area for replacement, I've been told device it's not available for replacement.

I then called the 1586 number and they confirmed me that m-pass is not available for new issues or replacements at all anywhere in Thailand. There is no way to get it.

Anyone has some info about it? I still have some money topped up inside and I would like to understand if there is any chance to have a replacement or not.

I am already m-flow registered, but it's not working on motorway number 7

This is exactly the problem. What is wrong with Thailand. Dont the M pass people know that MFLOW doesnt bloody well work in their systems. <deleted>

5 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

This is exactly the problem. What is wrong with Thailand. Dont the M pass people know that MFLOW doesnt bloody well work in their systems. <deleted>

I'm pretty sure this is not a problem with Thailand. What a ridiculous thing to say. Seems like K Bank are not supporting M Pass any more as it will be shortly superseded.

But yeah, blame it on Thailand.

I have M Flow and Easy Pass and I can still top up my Easy Pass using my banking app very easily. And M Flow works perfectly. Maybe try blaming the people you spoke to or perhaps yourself for not being clear, but you can't blame an entire country, that is just stupid.

On 1/25/2023 at 12:15 AM, josephbloggs said:

I'm pretty sure this is not a problem with Thailand. What a ridiculous thing to say. Seems like K Bank are not supporting M Pass any more as it will be shortly superseded.

But yeah, blame it on Thailand.

I have M Flow and Easy Pass and I can still top up my Easy Pass using my banking app very easily. And M Flow works perfectly. Maybe try blaming the people you spoke to or perhaps yourself for not being clear, but you can't blame an entire country, that is just stupid.

in this case, he is correct. Since at least October, it is not possible to get the M-Pass token. Either at Krung Thai, or the service area at KM48 on Hway 7. They, and the folks at the 1586 help number are completely clueless. So yes a Thai problem. No not a specific K bank problem (Krung Thai, the light blue one actually running it). 

9 hours ago, volsfan said:

in this case, he is correct. Since at least October, it is not possible to get the M-Pass token. Either at Krung Thai, or the service area at KM48 on Hway 7. They, and the folks at the 1586 help number are completely clueless. So yes a Thai problem. No not a specific K bank problem (Krung Thai, the light blue one actually running it). 

So then it's an M-Pass problem, not a Thailand problem. M-Pass have obviously decided not to issue new tokens for a service that is being replaced. Seems a bit premature but there you go. Why not try and get an Easy Pass as it serves the same function.

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

So then it's an M-Pass problem, not a Thailand problem. M-Pass have obviously decided not to issue new tokens for a service that is being replaced. Seems a bit premature but there you go. Why not try and get an Easy Pass as it serves the same function.

It is a good idea. Problem I ran into with that is that to buy it online you need a Bangkok area address. Chonburi province as a whole was not available.

So need to go to BKK and find a sales office behind a toll plaza, and try to buy in person. Just not been motivated to go to the trouble.

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Your posts are tedious to read at the best of times. I think you have no idea about thailand and dont live here. 

Its a typical thai illogical move- whats happened here. Lack of planning and investigation. Happens a lot here. Instead of being a 1 week holiday maker in Pattaya you should try living here long term. 

3 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

It doesnt serve as the same function at all. Read above. the Mflow doesnt work on route 7 into bkk and many other hwys

7 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

Your posts are tedious to read at the best of times. I think you have no idea about thailand and dont live here. 

Its a typical thai illogical move- whats happened here. Lack of planning and investigation. Happens a lot here. Instead of being a 1 week holiday maker in Pattaya you should try living here long term. 

Moronic post and nice attempt at baiting with your "one week Pattaya" jibe, grow up.

Lived and worked here for 27 years, speak fluent Thai, and know Thailand very well thank you. Now move along.

7 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

It doesnt serve as the same function at all. Read above. the Mflow doesnt work on route 7 into bkk and many other hwys

Reading is obviously not your strong point. Maybe you don't live here and don't understand how it works.

Go back and read it again, slowly. I said Easy Pass serves the same purpose as M Pass. And that is correct. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

This. I bought an Easy Pass tag in mid-December. It works anywhere that MPass would.

• Like 1

'Fun' factoid: you can link M-Flow to an EasyPass account ... if you're a Thai national. Foreigners, however, have to set up credit card or direct debit payment for M-Flow (unless things have changed in the past 6 months or so, which is always possible).